• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

Thanks for sharing. A lot of us get very sceptic when it comes to DV AOS because the amount of DV cases lawyers or even USCIS people see in any given year is not even 1 percent. I never said anybody would be automatically denied a visa for entering lottery or winning lottery, COs evaluate people on case by case basis and if you hide the fact that you entered or won the lottery, they will get suspicious and may deny visa for not telling the truth. Intent is important when it comes to visas, and winning lottery is a good show of immigration intent, so it really is upon the CO to issue the visa. Hopefully the lawyer is right and you will be fine, but you should always have a plan B. We have heard many horror stories like people being denied entry for carrying high school diplomas :) so being careful does not hurt.

Thanks AOS13 for your reply and suggestion.

Address for Courier

Hello,
If I want to fedex (overnight) my package to KCC, what is the address I should use ?

Hello,
If I want to fedex (overnight) my package to KCC, what is the address I should use ?

When is the due date for sending DSP-122 and photos? DO you really need to fedex overnight
Address is mentioned on top of the forms

When is the due date for sending DSP-122 and photos? DO you really need to fedex overnight
Address is mentioned on top of the forms

There is no due date per se for sending the DSP-122 form, but I wouldn't delay with sending it in unless I have other issues I'm trying to resolve. And no, there's no requirement to FedEx overnight it, it's a matter of personal/individual preference - however, I suggest using some form of tracking or delivery confirmation method.

Is it possible to send DSP-122+ photos and barcode letter via email to KCC? or I should mail the printout?
Thanks

About EDV application form photo

Hello,

today I knew that, while filing online EDV form back in 2012, I have sent photo which is very old (>3 year),
would that deny my DV application filed to KCC, I am applying for AOS from inside USA,
i have not changed on my face since that date...
how do they scrutinize submitted foto with my currently send foto or with photo in ds160 or photo in passport?

if they do so, then is there anyway I can file waiver for that mistake on uploading foto only,

I appreciate your answer sir,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
university degree or Advanced degree

On form DSP-122, when asking about highest degree, it has both “University Degree” and “Advanced Degree” . For someone with Dental Doctorate, Should I put university degree or Advanced degree? I am not familiar with US education system.

Is it possible to send DSP-122+ photos and barcode letter via email to KCC? or I should mail the printout?
Thanks

E-mail is fine (print, sign, scan). Actually, I think e-mail is preferable, because it appears they process forms submitted via e-mail faster.

E-mail is fine (print, sign, scan). Actually, I think e-mail is preferable, because it appears they process forms submitted via e-mail faster.

When are we going to hear from KCC and receive the instructions on how to proceed? I sent them my letter on May 5.

There is no due date per se for sending the DSP-122 form, but I wouldn't delay with sending it in unless I have other issues I'm trying to resolve. And no, there's no requirement to FedEx overnight it, it's a matter of personal/individual preference - however, I suggest using some form of tracking or delivery confirmation method.

Sm1mom,
First off, thank you for all the helpful information you provide here. It's invaluable.
I wanted to ask you if you know when KCC will send me the further instructions? I sent them my DSP-122 on May 5. Am I supposed to hear back from them at all? Thank you!

Yes, you're supposed to get an acknowledgement email with payment receipt attached (and instructions on how to make the payment). However, it may take 4-6 weeks to get this response from KCC because of the large volume of forms and email enquiries they're dealing with at the moment.

Sm1mom,
First off, thank you for all the helpful information you provide here. It's invaluable.
I wanted to ask you if you know when KCC will send me the further instructions? I sent them my DSP-122 on May 5. Am I supposed to hear back from them at all? Thank you!

Yes, you're supposed to get an acknowledgement email with payment receipt attached (and instructions on how to make the payment). However, it may take 4-6 weeks to get this response from KCC because of the large volume of forms and email enquiries they're dealing with at the moment.

Thank you so much! :)

Oh it just occurred to me that on DSP-122, there was no line asking me for my email address. How will KCC know my email address?

KCC already has your email address. You provided it at the time of your eDV registration. That's the one they will use to contact you.

Oh it just occurred to me that on DSP-122, there was no line asking me for my email address. How will KCC know my email address?

AOD Sending documents and travelling

Hello,

I'm actually in united states with an O-1 visa. As I have a high case number, I assumed that a visa will be available for me around june/july 2014
Because of my job, I will have to travel in the beginning of 2014. I wanted to know if I would be able to leave the united states and come back if I send the DSP 230 + DSP122 + photos now? As I want to do an AOS I don't want my green card to be denied because of my travels?
Thank you!
G

OPT and DV application

Hey All,

I'm really excited about winning the DV 2014 as a first timer! This forum and thread has a wealth of information that I have found useful.

My case number is 2014AF00054XXX and my chargability is South Africa. From last year's bulletin my CN should be current in June. I want to do the AOS but I have a few questions about it.

I am on a F-1 visa and will graduate at the end of this year (Dec) and plan on applying for the OPT with a start date in January. From reading this thread, it sounds like I should first apply for the OPT card first then after 90 days send in my DS-122 to KCC. Which day do I start counting down the 90 days? From the start date on the OPT card or when I get a receipt that my OPT is being processed? Does sending in my DS-122 serious enough to be considered as "intent" to immigrate? (which puts my OPT in jeopardy)

Because of my high CN I will be current in June and should expect my interview in 60 - 90 days which puts me in August - September. Is this considered very late in the process? I am worried that that the visa quota's will be filled up by then and this golden opportunity is squandered. Or should I do CP instead of AOS because my CN number is so high.

I know that during OPT I will have 3 months to look for a job and if that doesn't happen I will need to go back home which will probably delay my AOS because I would need to change it to CP. Should I take this chance and go with the CP? Is changing my application from AOS to CP a long process? I feel I shouldn't take the chance because my CN is already very high and I don't want to delay my DV appication process any further.

Another option I might do is to go for the CP and apply for the OPT. If I don't get a job, I can go back home and wait for the interview. If I do get a job, I can take a week off to go back home for the interview.

I have an appointment with the USCIS office to confirm that I am allowed to do AOS and is it ok if I ask them the questions above? Would they be helpful at all?

Thanks for your help!

Hi lucky winners, I am filling the DSP-122 and it seems it doesn't have enough space for the address of schools, how did you guys fit your schools' address in the provided space for the question 6b on the form ? Did you handwrite them ? Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.