• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
DV-2014, AOS from F1 visa

Hello,

I am selected for 2014 DV, Now I am in USA under F1 category, and trying for AOS
My question is: I have filled online DS-160 form just before applying for non-immigrant visa in my home country which is before the interview in US embassy. Inside that form, in the field EXPERIENCE: I had shown some experiences in it.

now, Do I need to show the exact same experience in DS 122 form (field no:7 ) which I am sending to KCC, (i ticked the NO mark, because I don't need 2 years training and two years of experience for qualifying in DV hence,) My masters and UG is enough for requirement of DV. Please let me know about it, and thanks in advance.

Mike

DV-2014, AOS from F1 visa

Hello everyone,

I am selected for 2014 DV as well. I'm a current international student planning to apply for AOS.
My visa (entrance visa in my passport) is expired but my I-20 form is valid until 2015. Am I still considered legal if I have a valid I-20 and can I apply for AOS?
My number is not very high (according to other applicants) - 16*** and I was wondering how long does the AOS take and if I have enough time to have an interview before the fiscal year ends.
Also are there any military forms/documents required for the AOS?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am selected for 2014 DV, Now I am in USA under F1 category, and trying for AOS
My question is: I have filled online DS-160 form just before applying for non-immigrant visa in my home country which is before the interview in US embassy. Inside that form, in the field EXPERIENCE: I had shown some experiences in it.

now, Do I need to show the exact same experience in DS 122 form (field no:7 ) which I am sending to KCC, (i ticked the NO mark, because I don't need 2 years training and two years of experience for qualifying in DV hence,) My masters and UG is enough for requirement of DV. Please let me know about it, and thanks in advance.
Mike

You shouldn't tick NO, you just need to fill all forms with accurate information about yourself. The experience you have written in a previous form does not have to be the same word for word in this form but it should not be vastly different either.

Hello everyone,

I am selected for 2014 DV as well. I'm a current international student planning to apply for AOS.
My visa (entrance visa in my passport) is expired but my I-20 form is valid until 2015. Am I still considered legal if I have a valid I-20 and can I apply for AOS?
My number is not very high (according to other applicants) - 16*** and I was wondering how long does the AOS take and if I have enough time to have an interview before the fiscal year ends.
Also are there any military forms/documents required for the AOS?
Thanks in advance!

16xxx what region? Please inform yourself about the intricacies of applying AOS as F1 student, there is plenty of information in this thread from the first page on. If you have served in military, you should have a document that shows some basic information like duration of service, your rank, date of discharge, etc.

DV 2014 winners from Africa particularly Cameroon lets share our views

checked results-02 May 2013
Send forms to KCC-8 May 2013
Thank God for finally answering my prayer by winning the dv2014 lottery
My CN is AF81xxx
When can i be called for interview some time next year-the month?
Pls need to know from any one with an idea though i have send my DS-230 and DSP-122 forms already to KCC

I am a lucky winner of DV lottery 2014 with number of 2014AS4xxx . I am here in US with my wife on H1b visa. I want to do AOS. I went through the forum but I got confused that what exactly I need to send at this point to KCC for me as primary and my wife as dependent. I saw three suggestions:
1. Barcode + DSP-122 for me + DS-230 for both me and my wife + 2 photos for each of us
2. barcode + DSP-122 for me + DS-230 for my wife only + 2 photos for each of us
3. barcode + DSP-122 for me + 2 photos for each of us
4. barcode + DSP-122 for me + 2 photos only for me only --> nothing for my wife (So how can they know she wants to do AOS too ?)

Sorry for confusion. But for somebody who was not thinking about DV lottery till yesterday. This amount of information is overwhelming.

All that is required by KCC, if you're doing AOS, is:

barcode + DSP-122 for you + 2 photos only for you only --> nothing for your wife

KCC already has the needed information regarding your wife (or any other derivative dependent you might have) - assuming you listed her/them in your eDV. The 2NL/Adjustment Verification you will receive from KCC following their receipt of your form will not directly acknowledge your spouse/children (if applicable).

They will know about your wife's intention to do AOS when you get to the next step, which is making the DV fee ($330 per applicant). Including your wife's payment with yours is an acknowledgement of her intention to do AOS with you. And of course, you fill and send out an I-485 package, along with yours, when your CN is current.

I am a lucky winner of DV lottery 2014 with number of 2014AS4xxx . I am here in US with my wife on H1b visa. I want to do AOS. I went through the forum but I got confused that what exactly I need to send at this point to KCC for me as primary and my wife as dependent. I saw three suggestions:
1. Barcode + DSP-122 for me + DS-230 for both me and my wife + 2 photos for each of us
2. barcode + DSP-122 for me + DS-230 for my wife only + 2 photos for each of us
3. barcode + DSP-122 for me + 2 photos for each of us
4. barcode + DSP-122 for me + 2 photos only for me only --> nothing for my wife (So how can they know she wants to do AOS too ?)

Sorry for confusion. But for somebody who was not thinking about DV lottery till yesterday. This amount of information is overwhelming.

checked results-02 May 2013
Send forms to KCC-8 May 2013
Thank God for finally answering my prayer by winning the dv2014 lottery
My CN is AF81xxx
When can i be called for interview some time next year-the month?
Pls need to know from any one with an idea though i have send my DS-230 and DSP-122 forms already to KCC

Are you doing AOS? If you're not doing AOS, you're on the wrong thread. Plus if you're interested in people from Cameroon, you can start a new thread altogether for that purpose.

I don't really know, but I'm guessing she could still come back on F2, if F1 is denied. But having immigration intent could also spoil both visas. I don't know how particular embassies operate.

She can do a follow-to-join after your GC is approved.

Hi AOS 13,

I appreciate your effort to answer my queries. I talked to an immigration attorney yesterday about my situation and he seemed to have very good experience about dv lottery. He told me that a consular can not reject your f1 visa just because you applied for dv lottery or you won the dv lottery. He even told me that applying or winning dv lottery is not considered an immigration petition because wining a dv lottery does not mean that you will get a green card for sure. He said I ( dv lottery winner) or my wife should have no problem getting any non-immigrant visa before my case number become current and I submit the immigration form. I just wanted to share this info with other people with similar experience to know their experience in this matter.

16xxx what region? Please inform yourself about the intricacies of applying AOS as F1 student, there is plenty of information in this thread from the first page on. If you have served in military, you should have a document that shows some basic information like duration of service, your rank, date of discharge, etc.

Thanks for the response aos13. I read through the posts and got some useful tips.
My region is EU(16***) and the number of the winners in my country is 1174.
Just wanna mention that I haven't served in the military but have a legal suspension until April 1, 2014.
Is that gonna be an issue?
Also I realized that AOS takes longer to get the interview than the CP. In my case I think AOS is a better solution since I'm in grad. school until May 2015 and not planning to go back to my country and apply for another F1.
Technically I'm able to be in school in US and do immigration stuff, right?
And also what do you think the risk of AOS is? You think with my CN and the number of the winners in my country is realistic for AOS?
Many many thanks for your time and help!!!!!!!!

Aos and experiences showing

You shouldn't tick NO, you just need to fill all forms with accurate information about yourself. The experience you have written in a previous form does not have to be the same word for word in this form but it should not be vastly different either.

Thanks for reply,

Actually, it was my silly mistake on ds-160 that, i put my work experience but my previous company did not have my record, because I did not get letter of experience by them. I was hurry and I dint have time to get that letter and keeping record of that experience on previous company. now, If I put my experience of 2 years then while doing AOS, do they write email to my previous company or contact US embassy of my home country or else?? if my previous company couldnt verify me then what will happen??
Anyway I have Masters degree and why do they need those experiences??
please clarify on this situation,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AOS 13,

I appreciate your effort to answer my queries. I talked to an immigration attorney yesterday about my situation and he seemed to have very good experience about dv lottery. He told me that a consular can not reject your f1 visa just because you applied for dv lottery or you won the dv lottery. He even told me that applying or winning dv lottery is not considered an immigration petition because wining a dv lottery does not mean that you will get a green card for sure. He said I ( dv lottery winner) or my wife should have no problem getting any non-immigrant visa before my case number become current and I submit the immigration form. I just wanted to share this info with other people with similar experience to know their experience in this matter.

Thanks for sharing. A lot of us get very sceptic when it comes to DV AOS because the amount of DV cases lawyers or even USCIS people see in any given year is not even 1 percent. I never said anybody would be automatically denied a visa for entering lottery or winning lottery, COs evaluate people on case by case basis and if you hide the fact that you entered or won the lottery, they will get suspicious and may deny visa for not telling the truth. Intent is important when it comes to visas, and winning lottery is a good show of immigration intent, so it really is upon the CO to issue the visa. Hopefully the lawyer is right and you will be fine, but you should always have a plan B. We have heard many horror stories like people being denied entry for carrying high school diplomas :) so being careful does not hurt.

Thanks for the response aos13. I read through the posts and got some useful tips.
My region is EU(16***) and the number of the winners in my country is 1174.
Just wanna mention that I haven't served in the military but have a legal suspension until April 1, 2014.
Is that gonna be an issue?
Also I realized that AOS takes longer to get the interview than the CP. In my case I think AOS is a better solution since I'm in grad. school until May 2015 and not planning to go back to my country and apply for another F1.
Technically I'm able to be in school in US and do immigration stuff, right?
And also what do you think the risk of AOS is? You think with my CN and the number of the winners in my country is realistic for AOS?
Many many thanks for your time and help!!!!!!!!
EU16XXX is not bad. As long as you maintain your status you are fine. Regarding military, unless you served, I do not think they care but if you have an obligation to serve at some point, you may need to show that, if you get an infopass at your local fo and ask them that would be best.

Thanks for reply,

Actually, it was my silly mistake on ds-160 that, i put my work experience but my previous company did not have my record, because I did not get letter of experience by them. I was hurry and I dint have time to get that letter and keeping record of that experience on previous company. now, If I put my experience of 2 years then while doing AOS, do they write email to my previous company or contact US embassy of my home country or else?? if my previous company couldnt verify me then what will happen??
Anyway I have Masters degree and why do they need those experiences??
please clarify on this situation,

Mike
I do not think anybody will call your company. If you think you cannot produce proof for that company, do not list it. As long as you have high school diploma, you are fine.

Help! DV 2014 Interview preparation - Israel

Hey All!

I am happy to join the other DV 2014 winners.
However after submitting my forms to the KCC, I am now busy organising and preparing the documents for my
interview in Jerusalem- Israel.

I would like to know what financial documents do I need to provide?
And is it a MUST to have a sponsor I.g to get someone in America to fill in the I - 134 of support?

** How long will it take until I get the interview?

As I heard a few different opinions about it, I would really appreciate a clarification, especially from someone who already passed the interview.

What kind of questions will they ask?

Many Thanks
Shelly

CN: 2014AS00003xxx
Jerusalem
Israel

EU16XXX is not bad. As long as you maintain your status you are fine. Regarding military, unless you served, I do not think they care but if you have an obligation to serve at some point, you may need to show that, if you get an infopass at your local fo and ask them that would be best.

Thanks a lot for your helpful information!
Wishing luck to everyone :)

AOS - Birth Certificate requirement...

Hi Guys,

I have not found this information yet in this forum. We will be doing AOS. I was wondering if birth certificate is necessary for me and my spouse. We only have marriage certificate at this moment. If it is necessary, We will have to get them before our case becomes current.
Any advise is hugely appreciated...

Thanks and good luck to all winners....

Hey All!

I am happy to join the other DV 2014 winners.
However after submitting my forms to the KCC, I am now busy organising and preparing the documents for my
interview in Jerusalem- Israel.

I would like to know what financial documents do I need to provide?
And is it a MUST to have a sponsor I.g to get someone in America to fill in the I - 134 of support?

** How long will it take until I get the interview?

As I heard a few different opinions about it, I would really appreciate a clarification, especially from someone who already passed the interview.

What kind of questions will they ask?

Many Thanks
Shelly

CN: 2014AS00003xxx
Jerusalem
Israel

Contact the US Embassy/Consulate in Israel to confirm their official stand regarding I-134 and any other financial documents you may need in support of your application.

Hi Guys,

I have not found this information yet in this forum. We will be doing AOS. I was wondering if birth certificate is necessary for me and my spouse. We only have marriage certificate at this moment. If it is necessary, We will have to get them before our case becomes current.
Any advise is hugely appreciated...

Thanks and good luck to all winners....

Yes, birth certificate is required for you and any other derivatives applying with you.

Hello,
A friend of mine was selected for 2014, and we are wondering how much the DV fee for this year? In 2011 it was $430, is it still the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.