• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue:
Hello,

I had an INFOpass this morning at 7:30AM in New York and it was the MOST unhelpful thing ever. They told me they are already doing DV 2014 numbers and in the visa bulletin they are clearly still doing DV 2013. Please allow me to explain my situation so I can be better advised.

First of all I wanted to thank you all for all your posts. (They are extremely helpful). Our situation is a little bit more complicated.

My husband was one of the selectees for the DV-2014 (Case Number: EU00049XXX). He is currently on an F-1 status (OPT expiring November 15th 2013). I am currently on a B-1 visa expiring on August 8th 2013 (but my I94 is only valid until July 6th 2013).

Your number is too high. Unless he can extend his OPT for another year, there is not much he can do. Your visa is expiring, which means you'll have to leave, and chances are you won't get another nonimmigrant visa because you won the lottery. There are people who reported success in getting tourist visas before, but you should know that there is a chance you may not get it. You can try to change status to F2 but unless he can get extension, you both have to go back way before you can be current.

Is there anyway we could do AOS instead of CP? In case we can't do AOS, is there anyway we could stay in the states until the interview and extend our visas? what do you recommend me?
Unless your husband gets an extension for OPT, or his employer sponsors him for H1B, I don't see how you guys can stay.
Thank you for your time!!
Elisa

Thank you guys for your assistance
In the entry form of lottery i wrote my yahoo email which i cant access now!
I send an email to kcc and ask them to change my email address they reply and told me that they cant change anything now.i've just sent my DS122 for them.
what should i do now?i think they will email something later !

You should contact Yahoo to get that e-mail address back.

wheel solkst

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I have another question. Since his number is too high, should I try to renew my B-1 visa before we send forms 122 and 230 to KCC and then do CP? I have to travel anyway before July 6th, could I try renew it during my trip to Spain (my home country) at the US embassy?

My husband did his dregree in communications, and I looked online and seems that only this degrees can apply for the OPT extension... is it true?

o Computer Science Applications

o Biological and Biomedical Sciences

o Actuarial Science

o Mathematics and Statistics

o Engineering

o Military ************

o Engineering ************

o Physical Sciences

o Science ************

o Medical Scientist

I am pretty sure that in the visa bulleting they are still doing numbers from DV-2013, but the lady who helped me today at INFOpass told me they are finished with 2013... I just want to double check that

Thanks again for your time!

Best,

Elisa

I emailed yahoo but they don't reply!
is there any way to persuade them change my email address?

Blue:
Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I have another question. Since his number is too high, should I try to renew my B-1 visa before we send forms 122 and 230 to KCC and then do CP? I have to travel anyway before July 6th, could I try renew it during my trip to Spain (my home country) at the US embassy?
They already know your husband won the lottery, and you have to disclose it if asked in the form. You can certainly try, but you may end up getting stuck in Spain. By the way, if you come to US with the Visa Waiver Program, you won't be eligible for AOS. You can try to switch to F2.

My husband did his dregree in communications, and I looked online and seems that only this degrees can apply for the OPT extension... is it true?
He really should talk to the int'l adviser in his school.

I am pretty sure that in the visa bulleting they are still doing numbers from DV-2013, but the lady who helped me today at INFOpass told me they are finished with 2013... I just want to double check that
I don't know about KCC but USCIS surely is not done with 2013 yet. :) It does not really matter to you, as you are 2014 winners, and you won't be current any time soon.
Thanks again for your time!

Best,

Elisa

I emailed yahoo but they don't reply!
is there any way to persuade them change my email address?

You mean KCC? I don't really think so, but you can try again. You should try with Yahoo, try to find a phone number instead of e-mailing them.

AOS DV 2014 EU High Number

Hello Guys!
I have been entering the dv Lottery for 5 years now. I moved in US 5 years ago first as a student then I got OPT and I'm now on my second O-1 Visa and it will end up at the end of the 2014 year...

This year I won and I have a high case number "2014EU426XX"
It would be perfect to have the Green Card this year as I will have enough time to do an AOS before my other visa expires. But I wanted to ask, as my number will probably be current around June or July 2014, if I will still have chances to have enough time to get a Green Card Visa.
And if you think that a visa will still be available for me in my region?
Is there anybody who were in this case with a High number in Europe in the previous years?

Many thanks for helping!

Thank you

It seems like my certificate doesn't work as high school graduate.
So i am thinking to put my official transcript from college with documents I'll send to KCC.
Do they think its extra and therefore is there possibility I'll be disqualified or should I still do put official transcript into the envelope?
Let me know.

High CN

G'day all,

Aussie currently living and working in the states on H1B.
Checked my DV online and noticed that I was selected for the next step.

My CN is OC2800's. Seems pretty high. Your thoughts on my chances for a green card?

DV 2014 - AOS for myself and CP for my spouse outside US

Hello everybody,

I have been selected for further processing in DV 2014 program and it's more than 1.5 year that I'm studying in US on F-1 visa. I'm planning to do AOS inside US; however, my wife lives outside and never traveled to US before. Based on the information that I found, I should be able to request USCIS to ask the US embassy to make an appointment for my spouse as soon as I adjusted my status. Now, I have following questions:

1. Since my CN is a bit high, AS6XXX, and AOS takes an average of 4 months, do you think if she will have enough time to CP and get her visa by the end of fiscal year?

2. When exactly am I able to request USCIS to ask embassy to make an appointment for my spouse? Is it after my interview? after getting the physical GC?

I appreciate your help if anyone has the same experience to share with me.

DV 2014 AOS or Consular processing... a couple of questions about my particular situation

Hi everyone,

I was 'randomly selected for further processing' and I am EU 27XXX. Here below my situation:

My husband has a E2 Visa he got in 2004, so we've been here in the US since then. Our status has always been maintained valid et cetera.

However, because of the bad economy, when the E2 Visa expired our attorney suggested my husband to just renew I-94 instead of going back home to renew the Visa itself at the American Consulate. And we did that.

Last year, because of family reasons I had to go back to my home country so I was suggested to apply for a B1/2 Visa so that I could go back and forth without problems, since my family needs me. I was given a B1/2 Visa where it is stated that it will be valid until my husband's status will be current in the US, hence may 2014.

On May 1st I found out I was selected for further processing.

I was told that an AOS is what I should do, however my being on a B1/2 Visa is a problem.

I am confused... please help! Thank you!

Mari

DV 2014 AOS or Consular processing... a couple of questions about my particular situation

Hi everyone,

I was 'randomly selected for further processing' and I am EU 27XXX. Here below my situation:

My husband has a E2 Visa he got in 2004, so we've been here in the US since then. Our status has always been maintained valid et cetera.

However, because of the bad economy, when the E2 Visa expired our attorney suggested my husband to just renew I-94 instead of going back home to renew the Visa itself at the American Consulate. And we did that.

Last year, because of family reasons I had to go back to my home country so I was suggested to apply for a B1/2 Visa so that I could go back and forth without problems, since my family needs me. I was given a B1/2 Visa where it is stated that it will be valid until my husband's status will be current in the US, hence may 2014.

I was told that an AOS is what I should do, however my being on a B1/2 Visa is a problem.

Mari

Probably with a B1/B2 status you are not eligible for AOS. Call USCIS and find out but be in the idea that you will likely have to do CP.

Pryanik :)

Hi everyone,

Mari

Hi everyone!

I was selected for DV 2014. I have a quick question. I've been here in the States for 7 years as a student, and I had an incident, or better to say, I was arrested by a police for a stupid shoplifting (one insignificant item). I have this all resolved and there is no record of it in the system. I was wondering if I still have to take a paper from the court indicating that I had this arrest in the past. And what do you think, how will this affect my chance to get a GC? Thanks!

Aos

This thread is for the lucky DV-2014 winners who are already in the US and plan on filing for Adjustment of Status. You can also find useful information from the DV 2009 - 2013 AOS threads. Post your questions here and other forum members who have already gone through the process will be more than happy to share their experiences and provide information/guidance.

All the best to you all!

Hi there,

I am a DV lottery winner from Asia for 2014 with case number around 5000. I'm a graduate student here so I want to do AOS. I also have my wife staying here with me in F2 visa but she needs to change her visa status to f1 before this August because she is also going to go graduate school from August. She wants to go to our home country to have her visa status changed from f2 to f1. She has full asistantship for the study. But we are worried about her visa rejection since I have been selected for DV lottery. Does filling up of DSP 122 form and sending it to KCC have any negative result as far as getting f1 visa for my wife? Since I am the one who won the lottery the DSP 122 form even doesn't have her name on it. Moreover, She still has valid F2 visa, so will she still be able to come to the US in case she does not get F1 visa? Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Good luck to all DV2014 winners! I remember last year at the same time, I didn't know what to do, this forum was a great help.

Hi everyone!

I was selected for DV 2014. I have a quick question. I've been here in the States for 7 years as a student, and I had an incident, or better to say, I was arrested by a police for a stupid shoplifting (one insignificant item). I have this all resolved and there is no record of it in the system. I was wondering if I still have to take a paper from the court indicating that I had this arrest in the past. And what do you think, how will this affect my chance to get a GC? Thanks!
You can get an infopass and ask your local field office. I'd guess you need to bring the court documents but I'm not sure. You can also talk to a lawyer if you don't want to talk to the FO.

Hi there,

I am a DV lottery winner from Asia for 2014 with case number around 5000. I'm a graduate student here so I want to do AOS. I also have my wife staying here with me in F2 visa but she needs to change her visa status to f1 before this August because she is also going to go graduate school from August. She wants to go to our home country to have her visa status changed from f2 to f1. She has full asistantship for the study. But we are worried about her visa rejection since I have been selected for DV lottery. Does filling up of DSP 122 form and sending it to KCC have any negative result as far as getting f1 visa for my wife? Since I am the one who won the lottery the DSP 122 form even doesn't have her name on it. Moreover, She still has valid F2 visa, so will she still be able to come to the US in case she does not get F1 visa? Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

She may not be able to come back. I think you guys can try a status change in US from F2 to F1 but I'm not sure, please talk to her school's int'l student adviser. If it's possible, it is better to do that even if takes a few months. After the change, you'll need to wait for about 90 days before you can send I-485 to USCIS, but you won't be current soon so you should be OK.

I'm guessing that in the visa application form, she would have to say "yes" to the question "have you ever filed an immigrant petition" because entering the lottery is considered as a petition (believe it or not, that's the suggestion by DoS). Even though you are the winner, she is getting the benefit too, and of course they know that you won the lottery and she is your wife. So hiding the fact that she's getting a green card would lead to visa denial; if she says "yes" to the question, that also could lead to denial. I guess you'll never know until she tries and then it could be too late. If she is denied F1 visa, they may or may not stamp her F2 visa void. I personally would not take that risk, but it's your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get an infopass and ask your local field office. I'd guess you need to bring the court documents but I'm not sure. You can also talk to a lawyer if you don't want to talk to the FO.

Thank you! How does it affect my chances to get GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.