• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going for AOS interview in this week, and have two questions:
case: 2014AS000016**
1. please help to sequence the documents that I need to present in field office
2. Please help to give some questions interviewer may ask me about,
thanks very much...

1. Sequence doesnt matter as you will be handling the papers during the interview. For me I put all of them in a file folder with tabs, organizing them in a way that made sense to me (passport visa together, forms together, confirmations and appointment letters together etc) so that I could find them easily if any of them were requested. I would make sure to bring sufficient financial documentation as this has been the main thing for those of us who have done the interview this year.
2. your best bet is to go through the past interview experiences for your office, or of people who have similar situations as yours (like same visa, country, family/spouse etc). I did this and it was very helpful:
2013 experiences are here: https://docs.google.com/a/vt.edu/sp...rue&sortcolid=14&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Before my interview I read ALL the interview experiences from 2011 and 2013, just to be sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going for AOS interview in this week, and have two questions:
case: 2014AS000016**

1. please help to sequence the documents that I need to present in field office
2. Please help to give some questions interviewer may ask me about,

thanks very much...

For AOS interviews, there's no particular order of how documents should be presented. Just be sure to have the original copies of all the documents you earlier sent in with your package. For the additional documents you will be taking along as evidence, make copies of those also.

Just relax and be yourself, no specific questions. The IO isn't likely to ask you a 'gotcha' question, they're mostly not interested in failing people. You should be okay as long as there's no issue with your status and you did not come into the US inspected.

Good luck!

That is interesting and Thanks for pointing to it.

Yours could be earlier this year . I know that from the spreadsheet someone who was current in Oct got her interview done in the 1st week of Nov. Unfortunately she never bother to update with details. Just look for your Chicago and go to the last column on her interview experiences.

AOS interview successful :)
case:2014AS000016** , Now I wanna share how interview was done,

went before 40 minutes interview and showed green letter of appointment,
security checking guys kept that letter and wrote my name,
waited in lobby, and an officer called me in EXACT appointment time,
informal talk ...took me in his cube through elevator,
asked for ID...i handed over passport, i94, visa, EAD
sworn oath to say TURE....
asked my name, present address, ...asked yes/no questions about what they have on I485....asked where you born? ...asked father and mother name, asked present employer and since when working with it....and voila, ...stamped in passport and GC will arrive in mail within 2-3 wks...

Took 4-5 minutes ......guys best of luck

congratss buddy!

asked my name, present address, ...asked yes/no questions about what they have on I485....asked where you born? ...asked father and mother name, asked present employer and since when working with it....and voila, ...stamped in passport and GC will arrive in mail within 2-3 wks...

Immigrant Visa number

hi guys
congratulation for every one won the visa lottery 2014

I have won the visa lottery for 2014 my CN is 2014AS00015*** Iam from Syria and I livein USA under T.P.S
I have recieved a an email that I have wait thel Immgrant visa number that issues by visa bulletin to make the Adjsment of state but I coudn't find any immgrant visa number in bulletin actually Ididn't know how to get it could any one help me please to get it and to make the AOS Ajustment of state
many thanks

Congrats Mac. Mine is next week and I hope it is as smooth as yours.
Can you update your status in our tracking sheet HERE

Congrats my friend.

help filling I-485

Hi everyone!

I am about to send I-485 form for AOS but I have some doubts regarding how it has to be filled and also the support documentation that goes with it. I´ve been gathering information from multiple forums and web pages and the conclusion is that this is very confussing, and also i haven´t come across any checklist of documents based on being a DV program winner, and I was wondering if someone is or has been in my situation so that I know I´m doing things right.

1. Regarding the filling of form I-485 and other forms required: from what I´ve read you should write N/A or NONE when it is the case, BUT, the latest instructions of form I-485 clearly states that I´ve that happens, you should leave the space blank. So, does this apply to other forms such as G-325a, in which no instructions for that are provided? (I worry about this aspect because I read a lot of times that you should not leave any spaces blank, and I dont know if this is something they take into account a lot)

2. Regarding the support documents: If I follow instructions on form I-485, then I´d only need to include: check, photos, page with visa on passport copy, medical report, birth certificate,and form G-325 a. However I have read that other documents needed are: copies of I-20 and I-94 and I also have read that you should include copies of all pages of your passport. Should I include them even though It´s not stated on the I-485 instructions?

3. For documents supporting my DV program winner status I should include the DOS fee receipt, the DOS "notification letter"(the first I received) and also proof of having the educational requirements, like the high school diploma right? is this the time to send them, along with form I-485, or should I bring them on the day on the interview?

Am I forgetting any other documents?

I appreciate all the helpful information you could give me, because I´m finding this process very confusing, and I just want to make sure I´m doing it correctly.

Thanks in advance:)

Hi everyone!

I am about to send I-485 form for AOS but I have some doubts regarding how it has to be filled and also the support documentation that goes with it. I´ve been gathering information from multiple forums and web pages and the conclusion is that this is very confussing, and also i haven´t come across any checklist of documents based on being a DV program winner, and I was wondering if someone is or has been in my situation so that I know I´m doing things right.

1. Regarding the filling of form I-485 and other forms required: from what I´ve read you should write N/A or NONE when it is the case, BUT, the latest instructions of form I-485 clearly states that I´ve that happens, you should leave the space blank. So, does this apply to other forms such as G-325a, in which no instructions for that are provided? (I worry about this aspect because I read a lot of times that you should not leave any spaces blank, and I dont know if this is something they take into account a lot)

2. Regarding the support documents: If I follow instructions on form I-485, then I´d only need to include: check, photos, page with visa on passport copy, medical report, birth certificate,and form G-325 a. However I have read that other documents needed are: copies of I-20 and I-94 and I also have read that you should include copies of all pages of your passport. Should I include them even though It´s not stated on the I-485 instructions?

3. For documents supporting my DV program winner status I should include the DOS fee receipt, the DOS "notification letter"(the first I received) and also proof of having the educational requirements, like the high school diploma right? is this the time to send them, along with form I-485, or should I bring them on the day on the interview?

Am I forgetting any other documents?

I appreciate all the helpful information you could give me, because I´m finding this process very confusing, and I just want to make sure I´m doing it correctly.

Thanks in advance:)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=1

Courtesy of Sm1smom.

I resent the package on Saturday and it is scheduled for delivery today. I will keep you all posted.

The package was delivered last Monday. A week later, no sign of acceptance or the check being cashed. If nothing happens by the end of tomorrow, I'm going to assume the package will be returned once again.

I'm from a country with lots of selectees and I will need to get this done asap before the country-specific limit is reached. Somebody's incompetence may cost me the GC and I will not sit there and watch it happen.

hi guys
congratulation for every one won the visa lottery 2014

I have won the visa lottery for 2014 my CN is 2014AS00015*** Iam from Syria and I livein USA under T.P.S
I have recieved a an email that I have wait thel Immgrant visa number that issues by visa bulletin to make the Adjsment of state but I coudn't find any immgrant visa number in bulletin actually Ididn't know how to get it could any one help me please to get it and to make the AOS Ajustment of state
many thanks

Go through the attached spreadsheet for the necessary steps for DV AOS, pay particular attention to the tab labelled "AOS Process" The other tabs also have useful information too, it doesn't hurt to go through them. If you still have specific questions, then come back and feel free to post again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=0

The package was delivered last Monday. A week later, no sign of acceptance or the check being cashed. If nothing happens by the end of tomorrow, I'm going to assume the package will be returned once again.

I'm from a country with lots of selectees and I will need to get this done asap before the country-specific limit is reached. Somebody's incompetence may cost me the GC and I will not sit there and watch it happen.

When i resend, it took 9 days for them to accept my case. If nothing happens by the end of Friday, then i will be worried. In your case, I think you can expect their text/email from wed onwards. Take note from what i see, they will clear those from Oct to Dec cases before they accept Jan 14.

Good Luck

When i resend, it took 9 days for them to accept my case. If nothing happens by the end of Friday, then i will be worried. In your case, I think you can expect their text/email from wed onwards. Take note from what i see, they will clear those from Oct to Dec cases before they accept Jan 14.

Good Luck

Thanks! :)

One thing that worries me is that when they returned the package it was addressed to my wife and the green return notice was stapled to her package.

I'm afraid somebody has screwed up and is thinking that my wife is the main applicant, and for sure her "priority date" cannot be established, not now, not never!

Got the text+email at midnight. Finally!

After all these years and with all the drama, even having a "pending adjustment of status" case feels good. :)

c1984,

I logged in to check whether you had any updates. And tadaaaa... Congrats!!!!

Got the text+email at midnight. Finally!

After all these years and with all the drama, even having a "pending adjustment of status" case feels good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.