• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Awww vladdy, so sweet of you.

blush.gif

Thank you!!

LOL Mom!

Fingers crossed!!! It's so hard to wait. My status is still in ACCEPTANCE. It has never been updated. Is it normal or some system mistake?

There will be no change until a decision is made, you should hopefully see CPO soon under your status. Taking the I-94 is a good sign.

Reactions: CWH
That is normal. Once you are approved it will go to CPD, then back to decision then CPD again - so don't worry when you see that.

Taking the I94 is a good sign. If you read back a few posts you will understand why they sometimes say a review is needed. It happened to member CWH (actually his sister) and she got the CPD update a few hours later. However some have waited a couple of weeks for the same thing. Keep us informed would ya?
Thank you! I'll update once I get an information :)

@CWH heyyyy I went to Chicago field office this morning tooo. My appt was at 9, but of course I was late bc of horrible rain. I came there at 9.15 and called 9.25. My status still has not updated yet. Hopefully tomorrow :)

@CWH heyyyy I went to Chicago field office this morning tooo. My appt was at 9, but of course I was late bc of horrible rain. I came there at 9.15 and called 9.25. My status still has not updated yet. Hopefully tomorrow :)

well, i know what you mean. we dropve up from champaign and it was raining all the way. also, from I-57 to I-94 junction, there was a car accident and i thought we wouldn't be able to make it in time.

who was your IO? the lady officer with green top? what did she tell you? my sister had her interview at 10:45 and another guy i talked to had his 45 min after. he got approved about 30 min before my sister did. it seems that the approval is done backward, so your case should be approved soon! my sister and i wish you for the best :)

well, i know what you mean. we dropve up from champaign and it was raining all the way. also, from I-57 to I-94 junction, there was a car accident and i thought we wouldn't be able to make it in time.

who was your IO? the lady officer with green top? what did she tell you? my sister had her interview at 10:45 and another guy i talked to had his 45 min after. he got approved about 30 min before my sister did. it seems that the approval is done backward, so your case should be approved soon! my sister and i wish you for the best :)
Oh yessss! The lady with green top MOODY was her name. She told me that she's gonna call me and gave me a paper( further review). So far no call nothing. Thank you for your wish! And congratulations to your sister!!!! :)))

Last edited:
It's another piece of the puzzle falling in to place. While I think you will be ok for the 18th, it is going to be tight. It might be worth having a word with your lawyer to see if they can bring your interview forward. His contact at the FO might be useful for that. The reason I'm saying that is that todays CEAC extract shows 47324 issued globally - that doesn't include AoS cases which we normally reckon to be about 2k globally. That means we are only around 1.5k visas short of the 51k issued last year. There are over 5k AP cases and thousands of ready cases. It is hard to imagine this process continuing until 9/30. So - I am not saying 9/18 is no good - it is just riskier than your lawyer and the FO director seem to understand - so if he can use his influence to bring it forward, that would be wise.
Hi Simon
My lawyer is trying to get it done earlier but they say they are extremely busy but he is still pushing.He told me even he could it will be best at 15th or 16th so I dont think that it is happening:(
I have a question.
Since the CP process visas pre allocated is there any appointment given after 15th of September around the world.This might be a big help people like in my situation.
I know that in my country one of my friend is scheduled for the 12th

I see some posts that we should contact congressman's office. I'm not sure what it is. If you visit the office, what do you tell them? TIA!

I see some posts that we should contact congressman's office. I'm not sure what it is. If you visit the office, what do you tell them? TIA!
not sure where you are from, but you can check from mom's spreadsheet on the first post of this thread. if you want to see them, bring the NOA letter with you. my sister went to the comgressman's office when she had waied for her interview letter. normally, thenoffice will have a ataff dedicated to help with immigration issues.

i think you should book an infopass, just in case your status has not updated yet. but i do believe your case will be approved. you and my sister had the same IO.

not sure where you are from, but you can check from mom's spreadsheet on the first post of this thread. if you want to see them, bring the NOA letter with you. my sister went to the comgressman's office when she had waied for her interview letter. normally, thenoffice will have a ataff dedicated to help with immigration issues.

i think you should book an infopass, just in case your status has not updated yet. but i do believe your case will be approved. you and my sister had the same IO.
There are 2 senators in IL Kirk and Dick. How did you and whom did you contact. What I should tell them? I made an infopass appt on 16th

Hi Simon
My lawyer is trying to get it done earlier but they say they are extremely busy but he is still pushing.He told me even he could it will be best at 15th or 16th so I dont think that it is happening:(
I have a question.
Since the CP process visas pre allocated is there any appointment given after 15th of September around the world.This might be a big help people like in my situation.
I know that in my country one of my friend is scheduled for the 12th

I'm not quite sure how that helps (because as you rightly say CP cases are pre-allocated unlike AoS), but in answer to your question, looking at CEAC I am not aware of any interviews after the 15th. Only AS and AF region had September numbers at all - so there are only a few isolated cases in EU/SA/OC. People have been having visa availability issues since as early as August 4th.

There are 2 senators in IL Kirk and Dick. How did you and whom did you contact. What I should tell them? I made an infopass appt on 16th
sorry for late reply but i was driving back from chicago.

hmmm... we are from champaign, IL and my sister contacted congressman Rodney davis. so i am not sure whom you should contact in your area. you should google both and check their websites for more information about their services. my sister said that ms. moody might not be able to make the decision, but the guy sitting in the office across her office. that's why she said she needed time for reviewing/presenting the case to her supervisor. perhaps your status would be updated tomorrow.

Hey guys I recently went throught the AOS process and decided to share my experience by creating my own forum but today I was informed by @Sm1smom that my thread will be blocked because she/he ..whoever is behind this name wants to be the only one giving advise on AOS processing. Apparently to many persons were asking me advise. Had I known that a total loser like @Sm1smom had control over this I would never waste my time on here.
Prime example of how to not thank people who help you get your green card for free and better than a lawyer. Sorry that you are too cool to share your experience in this thread like everyone else.

Hey guys I recently went throught the AOS process and decided to share my experience by creating my own forum but today I was informed by @Sm1smom that my thread will be blocked because she/he ..whoever is behind this name wants to be the only one giving advise on AOS processing. Apparently to many persons were asking me advise. Had I known that a total loser like @Sm1smom had control over this I would never waste my time on here.

I'm in two minds whether to just ban you instantly or leave your vile comments so that everyone can see how a horrible, childish person you must be. IF you had spent more than 2 minutes around here, you would know the following:-

You created a thread, not a forum.
Your thread was in a forum, moderated by Sm1smom and myself amongst others.
Sm1smom completed her AoS process long ago but has stayed on here to provide help, guidance and support and has done exactly that on MANY MANY occasions.
Sm1smom spends HOURS on this forum each week - for nothing - no pay, nada. She is thanked often which she most certainly deserves , and most certainly does not deserve your pathetic attack.

Congratulations on your Green Card. Now learn how to be a decent person.

So not cool ! @Sm1smom has been and is always very dedicated to walking everyone through the AOS and CP process out of kindness. Please do your due diligence next time before you post anything. I got offended by your post. If it wasn't for Mom I would have never gone far with my process.

So not cool ! @Sm1smom has been and is always very dedicated to walking everyone through the AOS and CP process out of kindness. Please do your due diligence next time before you post anything. I got offended by your post. If it wasn't for Mom I would have never gone far with my process.
Please what is AOS. DOS and CP? Thanks

when @Sm1smom said that there is already an AOS thread rich with information, i am sure she did not mean that she would be the only person who could give advices. in fact, if you had only tried to read through this thread, you would have understood that apart from Sm1Smom and @Britsimon who have dedicated to help us with nothing in return, we forumers also help share our thoughts, insights, ideas, or even advices and suggestions among us.

i am not sure why you think you wanted your own thread to help others. you could simply participate in this thread and you could help others as your original intention. to me, this is a great active online community where we honestly help each other! thanks to mom and simon and us all :)