• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Praying everyday that no bad announcements about global visas until next thursday(5 more business days).İf we make it to the interview I believe we will get it done same day or next day the 19th coz we have everything ready.
We will see if we get it, those visas will be one last ones, fingers crossed.
Pray for us:)

Yes, given your interview date you would be right to do all you can to push for the case to be approved right at that point. That needs to include checking and requesting the visa in IVAMSWEB.

We can't be sure exactly when the global limit will be hit, but it seems certain that we must already close to or even above 50k, and there are literally thousands of AP cases waiting for approval/visas. Those AP cases typically see a big rush of approvals in the last few weeks of the year. So, without wanting to add to your stress, earlier is better!

i told you that they worked to approve us in reverse order ... heheh. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm not enough patient to wait for 1 day lol. I called to uSCIS to expedite my case yesterday and today talked to IO. If I don't receive any update today, I was planning to go to congressman's office and walk-in to field office haha

Last edited:
Reactions: CWH
Ah! Thanks for reminding about them. So we are only 4 people away from having 100% success rate given that I haven't seen a single rejection on this thread.
And me:oops:. had interview in july but still...crying:( One of my friends ever worked at uscis told me today background checks are most likely just the name check issue. CIS won't expedite the security checks and just wait whenever the result back to them. Good luck to all of us.

Last edited:
Awww! It's so nice of you. Don't even think about not making it. Just follow up your application as close as you can! There are 19 more days!

Agreed. Some people have suggested that AoS has a separate pot/allocation from the CP cases. I'm not sure that is true, but a lot can happen in 19 days -so this is no time for talk of not making it!!!

I received email again. Case status: Decision and it says I should wait 60 days. Hmmm I'm not approved?
you are good. the status will bounce back from CPD to Decision and then back to CPD again (mentioned in many posts earlier in this thread). my sister's status bounced last night too. relax :)

I received email again. Case status: Decision and it says I should wait 60 days. Hmmm I'm not approved?

This is normal procedure - you may notice other updates, but dopn't worry - you are approved and will have your GC in about a week or two.

And me:oops:. had interview in july but still...crying:( One of my friends ever worked at uscis told me today background checks are most likely just the name check issue. CIS won't expedite the security checks and just wait whenever the result back to them. Good luck to all of us.
Did you talk to IO?

Hi @Britsimon , do we know for sure that by 9/15-9/18 visas will run out ? I know that you have been running the script to check the data per CEAC, is that telling this story ?

Hi @Britsimon , do we know for sure that by 9/15-9/18 visas will run out ? I know that you have been running the script to check the data per CEAC, is that telling this story ?

We don't know that for sure, but yeah, the Ceac shows over 48k issued and that does not include AOS cases ( which we huess is around 2k). That means we are above 50k already....

By the way it isn't all doom and gloom. On the plus side (depending on your position) they seem to be holding back the remaining AP cases wich allowed the September scheduled CP cases a free run. They may have considered AOS cases in a similar way...

By the way it isn't all doom and gloom. On the plus side (depending on your position) they seem to be holding back the remaining AP cases wich allowed the September scheduled CP cases a free run. They may have considered AOS cases in a similar way...
hopefully, but for AOS cases when they haven't yet requested a visa that may be an open loop.