• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi everyone. Let me update on the follow to join for my hub. He did his interview yesterday and he was approved. Today I checked the CEAC site and his status still shows ready. I emailed the embassy and asked them if that was normal and they replied, " Yes it is. He was approved yesterday and given instructions on how to collect his passport from DHL". Is this really a good sign ? :confused:

CEAC is not always updated reliably - the fact that he was told he was approved is a more reliable sign.

Dear Simon , Mom, and forum participants,
I had my interview about 2 hours ago and it went quite well. I went there too early at 11 am when my interview was at 1pm. Waited until 1:30 to see the IO. I went to the interview suffering from a severe cold and started coughing while he was entering the info. I asked him if I could go drink some water since I was almost suffocating he said yes. He asked me the usual questions then took my I-94 and work permits and told me you got approved. I asked him if he pulled my visa from IVAMSWEB and he replied of course. 10 minutes later I received a text saying your status has changed.

Thank you Simon from your brotherly advices and precious insight. Thank you Mom for being always there for us and serving as our second Mom here in the US. Both of you are truly irreplaceable.
I also would like to thank CWH, lookmanohands, Matteos, and Vladdy, for their advices and wishes.

I wish the rest of us who are still awaiting there green card the best of luck.

Last edited:
I had my interview about 2 hours ago and it went quite well. I went there too early at 11 am when my interview was at 1pm. Waited until 1:30 to see the IO. I went to the interview suffering from a severe cold and started coughing while he was entering the info. I asked him if I could go drink some water since I was almost suffocating he said yes. He asked me the usual questions then took my I-94 and work permits and told me you got approved. I asked him if he pulled my visa from IVAMSWEB and he replied of course. 10 minutes later I received a text saying your status has changed.

Thank you Simon from you brotherly advices and precious insight. Thank you Mom for being always there for us and serving as our second Mom here in the US. Both of you are truly irreplaceable.
I also would like to thank CWH, lookmanohands, Matteos, and Vladdy, for their advices and wishes.

Congrats! One more down. 4 to go :)

Thank you Simon from you brotherly advices and precious insight. Thank you Mom for being always there for us and serving as our second Mom here in the US. Both of you are truly irreplaceable.

Many congratulations!

Your case (like a few others) shows AoS can be done quickly - only current for 12 days - and case updated 10 minutes after the interview. Nice to know USCIS do it right sometimes!!!!

5 cases! Wow that is interesting - that is more than I would have guessed for one FO on one day.
But if they are dedicated to handle only DV cases as @boston_aos said, they should be able to make it because DV cases don't require verification of things like affidavit of support. Shorter review time = more people in one day.