• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hatice how's things going for You? Did You get Your IL letter?
Hi kukilaska,
I called KCC on June 13th and they told me that uscis has not requested my file. The same day I called uscis and ask them about my case. After I talked to the customer service I asked to be transfered to level two officer. After long wait, the lady told me that my file was transferred to my local office on May 15 and they must be looking for spot for me for the interview and ask me to wait two more weeks. And no news yet. I booked an info pass for May 24th hoping that they will give me an answer. Lets wait and see.

Today I called KCC to verify that my documents had been sent. The lady confirmed that they were sent on the 11th(2 days after my interview, understandable since my officer requested the documents after my interview). I asked how long it normally takes for the documents to arrive at the FO, she said up to 2 weeks! Dang, do they use pigeons??

Pigeons are actually fast! So maybe they use donkeys! LOL
They always "exaggerate" the time to be safe. For example, they say the card will arrive within 6-8 weeks, but it normally comes a few days after the interview.

You will be fine! My teaching assistantship is just above the level of poverty (LOL) and I have no savings either, so I was worried about it and prepared a whole bunch of sponsor documents. But at the interview, the officer looked at my salary and said, "Ok, the salary is good...".
So don't worry about it! Plus--a person doing a postdoc can hardly become a public charge! :p They realize that too!

They probably assumed the number you wrote as an annual salary was the monthly salary.... :D

You can do both simultaneously. Anyway, with infopass, it's not like you can visit your FO right away, you have to wait for your appointment. The 1 800 number is the USCIS number on all the correspondence you've received from USCIS

The good news is that today I received the letter for my interview! It will be in mid July. I don't know if the fact I contacted the senator's office late last week had anything to do with or it's purely co-incidental. Either way I am relieved to finally have an interview date!

The good news is that today I received the letter for my interview! It will be in mid July. I don't know if the fact I contacted the senator's office late last week had anything to do with or it's purely co-incidental. Either way I am relieved to finally have an interview date!

Indeed, that's some good news. One step closer to the finish line.

Fabulous news! :)

You will be fine! My teaching assistantship is just above the level of poverty (LOL) and I have no savings either, so I was worried about it and prepared a whole bunch of sponsor documents. But at the interview, the officer looked at my salary and said, "Ok, the salary is good...".
So don't worry about it! Plus--a person doing a postdoc can hardly become a public charge! :p They realize that too!

Thanks Fiefia. The postdoc is in Philly. Given the living expenses over there 46k will be good enough to pay rent and stay on diet=).

Congratulations. what did you write to the senator?

Hi kukilaska,
I called KCC on June 13th and they told me that uscis has not requested my file. The same day I called uscis and ask them about my case. After I talked to the customer service I asked to be transfered to level two officer. After long wait, the lady told me that my file was transferred to my local office on May 15 and they must be looking for spot for me for the interview and ask me to wait two more weeks. And no news yet. I booked an info pass for May 24th hoping that they will give me an answer. Lets wait and see.
Oh ok, good to know. Keep us updated please! If I will not get anything I will book info pass for an about July 10th.

Dear friends,

I and my wife had our interview yesterday morning. It went very smooth and didn't take more than 10 minutes.

We arrived there around 8:00 AM and could be seated around 8:10 AM. The officer showed up on 8:15 AM and accompanied us to his office. We took an oath at the beginning. Then, he asked for my passport and driver license and asked about my last arrival to US. Then, he took my I-94 card from my passport and he checked the spelling of my first name, last name, address and telephone number from I-485 and went through the 5 or 6 of the YES/NO questions. He asked exactly the same thing to my wife. Then, he input some information into his computer and printed a receipt which he put it on our documents.

After that, he told us that he needs some paperwork from "Department of State" that was not there yet. He told us that paperwork usually arrives at the time of interview, however, in some cases it doesn't. He said that as soon as he gets that packet, he should be able to approve our cases. Then, he said if we have any questions and I asked him how long this process might take and he told me that it shouldn't take more than a month.

In the end, he walked us to the exit door.

My question is that has anyone else experienced this and what paperwork from US Department of State did he mean? I checked our status on USCIS website and there is no change yet.
The other question is that will the officer ask for the paperwork from KCC or State or otherwise, should I call KCC to get an update on this case?

guys and gals, for all of your which experienced the return of the package from Chicago Lockbox , do you recall how long it took for the package to be shipped back ?

guys and gals, for all of your which experienced the return of the package from Chicago Lockbox , do you recall how long it took for the package to be shipped back ?

When I sent mine I made a mistake in the check amount for my daughter. So - about 3 weeks after we had sent the forms we got the written acceptance notices for my wife and I and the rejected package for my daughter.

When I sent mine I made a mistake in the check amount for my daughter. So - about 3 weeks after we had sent the forms we got the written acceptance notices for my wife and I and the rejected package for my daughter.
Hi Simon, yes I recall your case and based on the timeline you had one of the longest waiting times.

How did you receive the acceptance notice, Text or Email ?

Hi Simon, yes I recall your case and based on the timeline you had one of the longest waiting times.

How did you receive the acceptance notice, Text or Email ?

Well I first got a 2 texts, then 2 emails (and that is when we had a clue that my daughters case was being rejected). Then a few days later I got the hardcopy acceptance in the mail (x2) and the same day had the reject for my daughter.

Edit:
We have just in the last few days got the NOA for my daughter also - and the bio appointment letter. Planning a walk in on Monday for her bio (mine and my MrsBritsimon are done). Once the bio is done I'll setup an infopass to make sure they connect the dots between the three cases and try and nudge an interview along.