• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Leah I hope you enjoy your new status and Congratulations :)

Yes true our concerns are related to the NYC-FO. Seems like their office has halted the progress of many people who have became current months back. :s

One member did biometrics in NYC in December 2013 and is still waiting for an interview. I did biometrics in early April and still waiting.

I agree with Mom. I for sure will be following her advise. Seems like the staff at NY-FO are lost/ not knowledgeable or slacking.

Its time to be proactive. I worry about the same since I will be going through the same FO when my number gets current in August.

@lotteryvisa2014 - please keep us posted !

I have submitted a request to Senator Gillibrand's office. Let's see what happens with that.

NY FO seem to be taking their sweet time this year, so starting being proactive from your end. Make infopass appointments, call the 1-800 number and ask for a service request to be sent to your FO, contact your congressperson. Start making some noise!

Thanks for the guidance! Should I contact the 1-800 number (sorry, which number?) first or should I do infopass first or just do both simultaneously? Late last week I submitted a request to Senator Kirsten Gillilbrand (NY federal senator) for assistance.

Thanks for the guidance! Should I contact the 1-800 number (sorry, which number?) first or should I do infopass first or just do both simultaneously? Late last week I submitted a request to Senator Kirsten Gillilbrand (NY federal senator) for assistance.
i called 1-800 many times, they say that make infopass.

You can do both simultaneously. Anyway, with infopass, it's not like you can visit your FO right away, you have to wait for your appointment. The 1 800 number is the USCIS number on all the correspondence you've received from USCIS

You can do both simultaneously. Anyway, with infopass, it's not like you can visit your FO right away, you have to wait for your appointment. The 1 800 number is the USCIS number on all the correspondence you've received from USCIS

I wonder how soon they can make an infopass appointment at the NY FO. This FO seems to be overloaded, and I reckon to make an appointment would be another hassle and certainly a long-wait. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't try! :) Good luck, friends!

Hello,
I Hope everyone is doing well. Sm1smom, Britsimon or anyone has an experience, please help me answering this question.

I was current in May and I sent the package to Chicago Lockbox on April 7th. I received the bio letter on April 28th with bio appointment on May 9th. However, I did my bio walk in on April 29th. Today, I called KCC to check if my file was sent to my field office (Santa Ana, CA) and the lady told me that the FO has not requested my file yet. Also, she told me to call USCIS and ask them to request my file from KCC. Do I really need to call UCSIS or should I wait? From reading other people posts on this forum, I have not read that anyone called USCIS asking them to do such thing. So, I'm confused. Any answer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hatice how's things going for You? Did You get Your IL letter?

It's been a month from my bio walk in. Sm1smom do You think I should already set up an infopass or wait longer? If wait, then how long?
Oh and btw when I check my case number status is still Acceptance, should not be an Initial Review already when They send IL letter?
Thank You!

It's been a month from my bio walk in. Sm1smom do You think I should already set up an infopass or wait longer? If wait, then how long?
Oh and btw when I check my case number status is still Acceptance, should not be an Initial Review already when They send IL letter?
Thank You!

Hi kukilaska! :)
To answer your questions, I'll give you my examples:
1. I did my bio walk-in on March 20 and received my IL on May 9. So it was more than a month as you see. You can also check other people's timelines on the spreadsheet and see that many applicants waited way more than a month after the bio appointment for their IL to come.
2. My case number status was on "Acceptance" until the day of the interview. It only changed a couple of hours after the interview.

That being said, you are all right! :) No need to set up an infopass yet :)

Hi kukilaska! :)
To answer your questions, I'll give you my examples:
1. I did my bio walk-in on March 20 and received my IL on May 9. So it was more than a month as you see. You can also check other people's timelines on the spreadsheet and see that many applicants waited way more than a month after the bio appointment for their IL to come.
2. My case number status was on "Acceptance" until the day of the interview. It only changed a couple of hours after the interview.

That being said, you are all right! :) No need to set up an infopass yet :)
Thank You Fiefia! Oh I see... :( Hmmm Ok I will wait 2 more weeks. Just stressing out becsuse time is running. Fingers crossed anyway :D

I have a question about evidence of financial support. I have a postdoc offer letter paying 46k a year. However, I have <5k in my bank account. Is the employment letter good enough or do I need also form I-134 from a sponsor?

I have a question about evidence of financial support. I have a postdoc offer letter paying 46k a year. However, I have <5k in my bank account. Is the employment letter good enough or do I need also form I-134 from a sponsor?

The job offer should be good enough assuming you don't have 17 children.

Today I called KCC to verify that my documents had been sent. The lady confirmed that they were sent on the 11th(2 days after my interview, understandable since my officer requested the documents after my interview). I asked how long it normally takes for the documents to arrive at the FO, she said up to 2 weeks! Dang, do they use pigeons??

You will be fine! My teaching assistantship is just above the level of poverty (LOL) and I have no savings either, so I was worried about it and prepared a whole bunch of sponsor documents. But at the interview, the officer looked at my salary and said, "Ok, the salary is good...".
So don't worry about it! Plus--a person doing a postdoc can hardly become a public charge! :p They realize that too!