• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

My case number is EU41xxx and it looks like I will be current in September. I know it's a short time period but I have decided to try. I currently live in Atlanta and that's the field office that KCC has on file for me. However, I will be moving to Philadelphia in August for a postdoc. I'm wondering whether I should change my field office to Philadelphia or just leave it as Atlanta. I'm afraid that changing the field office might delay the process, given this short time frame I have to finish everything. I will be having access to my current mail box even after I move to Philadelphia. My other concern is that if I don't change the field office then the immigration officer might ask me why I am applying in ATL (if I manage to get to the interview stage) when I have moved to Phil. (they can see the start date for the postdoc on the offer letter). Your suggestions/advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi. I am on H4 visa and my wife who is on H1b won the DV lottery. She is doing AOS. Is it possible for me do to my medicals and file for AOS and then leave the US and come back for the biometrics and interview please? Will it be considered as abandoning AOS. Will I have difficulty to re-enter the US with H4 visa? Thank you:)

For evidence of financial support, my sister has asked her friend who is an LPR to be her sponsor. So far, she has with her:
1) I-134 form, signed and dated.
2) Copies of the tax return transcripts for 2011-2013

However, she is not sure what bank statements are. Can her friend go online and print off her bank transcations? Or my sister should ask her friend for her monthly bank statements for the last 12 months?

Thanks

My case number is EU41xxx and it looks like I will be current in September. I know it's a short time period but I have decided to try. I currently live in Atlanta and that's the field office that KCC has on file for me. However, I will be moving to Philadelphia in August for a postdoc. I'm wondering whether I should change my field office to Philadelphia or just leave it as Atlanta. I'm afraid that changing the field office might delay the process, given this short time frame I have to finish everything. I will be having access to my current mail box even after I move to Philadelphia. My other concern is that if I don't change the field office then the immigration officer might ask me why I am applying in ATL (if I manage to get to the interview stage) when I have moved to Phil. (they can see the start date for the postdoc on the offer letter). Your suggestions/advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Whatever information KCC currently has on file for you has no impact what soever on where your FO will be. Your FO is only determined by the address you put on your I-485 when it get's submitted.

Hi. I am on H4 visa and my wife who is on H1b won the DV lottery. She is doing AOS. Is it possible for me do to my medicals and file for AOS and then leave the US and come back for the biometrics and interview please? Will it be considered as abandoning AOS. Will I have difficulty to re-enter the US with H4 visa? Thank you:)

Yes, it's possible for you to leave the US after filing, and return for the bio and interview without your case being considered as abandoned because you have a H4 visa which is a dual intent visa. But be aware that admission into the US is always at the discretion of the CBP, regardless of whatever visa type one holds, it's not guaranteed. Unless it is absolutely necessary, I wouldn't recommend leaving the US during the process.

For evidence of financial support, my sister has asked her friend who is an LPR to be her sponsor. So far, she has with her:
1) I-134 form, signed and dated.
2) Copies of the tax return transcripts for 2011-2013

However, she is not sure what bank statements are. Can her friend go online and print off her bank transcations? Or my sister should ask her friend for her monthly bank statements for the last 12 months?

Thanks

Personally, I feel an account verification letter serves a better purpose than bank statements. An account verification letter is short and precise, indicates when the account was opened and how much is in the account. However if your sister wants to use bank statements, either the online statements or bank issued copies will equally do, and she doesn't need for the past 12 months. Three to Six months will do just fine.

She will need a copy of the sponsor's LPR card too.

Reactions: CWH
Personally, I feel an account verification letter serves a better purpose than bank statements. An account verification letter is short and precise, indicates when the account was opened and how much is in the account. However if your sister wants to use bank statements, either the online statements or bank issued copies will equally do, and she doesn't need for the past 12 months. Three to Six months will do just fine.

She will need a copy of the sponsor's LPR card too.

Thanks Mom. So her friend can just go to her banker and ask for an "account verification letter"? Also, my sister said that she read it in I-134 instructions, and it asks for letter of employment. It's not in the list of required documents on this forum, though. Should she ask her friend to get the letter?

Hi. I am on H4 visa and my wife who is on H1b won the DV lottery. She is doing AOS. Is it possible for me do to my medicals and file for AOS and then leave the US and come back for the biometrics and interview please? Will it be considered as abandoning AOS. Will I have difficulty to re-enter the US wi:)
Yes, it's possible for you to leave the US after filing, and return for the bio and interview without your case being considered as abandoned because you have a H4 visa which is a dual intent visa. But be aware that admission into the US is always at the discretion of the CBP, regardless of whatever visa type one holds, it's not guaranteed. Unless it is absolutely necessary, I wouldn't recommend leaving the US during the process.
Thanks mom

Thanks Mom. So her friend can just go to her banker and ask for an "account verification letter"? Also, my sister said that she read it in I-134 instructions, and it asks for letter of employment. It's not in the list of required documents on this forum, though. Should she ask her friend to get the letter?

Yes, her friend should ask her banker for an account verification letter, it is easy to obtain.

All the better if the friend is willing to provide her employment letter. We didn't include it on the spreadsheet because most sponsors are usually unwilling to provide provide a lot of the required documents, so we listed the most crucial ones as a form of guidance. The more the documents that can be gathered the better.

Reactions: CWH
Yes, her friend should ask her banker for an account verification letter, it is easy to obtain.

All the better if the friend is willing to provide her employment letter. We didn't include it on the spreadsheet because most sponsors are usually unwilling to provide provide a lot of the required documents, so we listed the most crucial ones as a form of guidance. The more the documents that can be gathered the better.

Thanks. I really appreciate it!

Did
Did you send your package ???

Hello all,
My CN is EU00016*** from NYC . AND I AM VERY ANGRY !!! My husband and i got an appointment from congressperson and we told them our situation on june 4th and they make applications each of us to know where are our documents , from that day we didnt get any response. i called today one more time and they said nothing new... at the same time we persuaded our lawyer he doesn't know nothing about DV process(he was keep telling us, you have to wait 7-8 monthes more...) and then finally he sent a fax to USCIS which is explaining our emergency situation. now, what i will do? i will get another appointment from congressperson and send a message to senator, KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND . I am telling you, who are making AOS from NYC PLEASE EVERYBODY WRITE SOMETHING TO THE SENATOR!

Hello all,
My CN is EU00016*** from NYC . AND I AM VERY ANGRY !!! My husband and i got an appointment from congressperson and we told them our situation on june 4th and they make applications each of us to know where are our documents , from that day we didnt get any response. i called today one more time and they said nothing new... at the same time we persuaded our lawyer he doesn't know nothing about DV process(he was keep telling us, you have to wait 7-8 monthes more...) and then finally he sent a fax to USCIS which is explaining our emergency situation. now, what i will do? i will get another appointment from congressperson and send a message to senator, KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND . I am telling you, who are making AOS from NYC PLEASE EVERYBODY WRITE SOMETHING TO THE SENATOR!

You are going to have to sort this out yourself. Engaging the lawyer was a costly mistake - but no use worrying about that - just make sure you are doing all you can. The congressperson can only nudge the process along - they are not responsible for your case. Have you setup infopass appointments? If I were you I would be doing that. Get a clear idea where your files are and ask when you will get your interview.

Hello all,
Hi Dubel,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you thought contacting again the congresswoman and following up with her again. The staff who works at the Field Office, from few visits I have had, is not trained properly and not quite professional. I would say try to get in contact with other people from NYC area who are going through the process just like you and as a group reach out again to Gillibrand. You need to press on this thing. For me at this point don't even engage with the people at the FO they are clearly not doing their job. Reach out to Charles Schumer as well. You never know, play all your cards and just like Britsimon said do not even engage a lawyer.

I worry too since I will have to go though the same in a few months with that FO.

Whatever information KCC currently has on file for you has no impact what soever on where your FO will be. Your FO is only determined by the address you put on your I-485 when it get's submitted.

Thanks Mom. In the DS122 I put my current GA address. Also, on the $330 payment receipt the GA address is listed. If I put the Philly address when I file i-485 do I need to call KCC and let them know that I changed field offices? As far as I understand KCC would have to sent my file to the field office before the interview is scheduled.

Some reasons why I am not sure whether to change my address or not: I am finishing PhD this month in Atlanta and been here for 5 years now. My case number is high and I only have such a short time frame to finish everything (assuming I will be current in September). I might have to get the congressman involved if my interview is delayed too much. Since I know some good people and have finished schooling here I kind of feel more comfortable to do the interview in ATL. I have already done the medicals in ATL. I also haven't reserved a new apartment in Philly yet. I will have to do that though by the end of this month. Also, even though I will have access to the mailbox in ATL I still would have to come here at least twice (for biometrics and interview). I am not sure if it will be a problem if I put the ATL address in i-485 since by the time of interview I will not be living here anymore. I have to move to Philly in the first week of August.

Hello all,

Hi Dubel,
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you thought contacting again the congresswoman and following up with her again. The staff who works at the Field Office, from few visits I have had, is not trained properly and not quite professional. I would say try to get in contact with other people from NYC area who are going through the process just like you and as a group reach out again to Gillibrand. You need to press on this thing. For me at this point don't even engage with the people at the FO they are clearly not doing their job. Reach out to Charles Schumer as well. You never know, play all your cards and just like Britsimon said do not even engage a lawyer.
I worry too since I will have to go though the same in a few months with that FO.

Okay guys. please let's get something straight. The congress person is really not responsible for what's going with your case, so please stop posting their information here. Trying to incite a bombardment of their office is not right, it will only make it harder for them to be available to help other peopel in the future. Also note, you can't just be contacting any congressperson or asking everyone to get in touch with a particular congress person. You should only be reaching out to the Congressperson whose district you live in.

For those expressing unusual delays, you just have to be persistent with your FO. Continue to make use of infopass appointments and 1-800 calls. And of course, I'm not saying don't get in touch with the congress person, just do it the right way!

Thanks Mom. In the DS122 I put my current GA address. Also, on the $330 payment receipt the GA address is listed. If I put the Philly address when I file i-485 do I need to call KCC and let them know that I changed field offices? As far as I understand KCC would have to sent my file to the field office before the interview is scheduled.

Some reasons why I am not sure whether to change my address or not: I am finishing PhD this month in Atlanta and been here for 5 years now. My case number is high and I only have such a short time frame to finish everything (assuming I will be current in September). I might have to get the congressman involved if my interview is delayed too much. Since I know some good people and have finished schooling here I kind of feel more comfortable to do the interview in ATL. I have already done the medicals in ATL. I also haven't reserved a new apartment in Philly yet. I will have to do that though by the end of this month. Also, even though I will have access to the mailbox in ATL I still would have to come here at least twice (for biometrics and interview). I am not sure if it will be a problem if I put the ATL address in i-485 since by the time of interview I will not be living here anymore. I have to move to Philly in the first week of August.

Again, whatever address you provided to KCC is IRRELEVANT at this stage! KCC will not send your file unless your FO has requessted for it. KCC is not spending time trying to figure out which FO to send which file to when the CN becomes current. Your FO is only determined following the submission of your I-485.

If you're comfortable sticking with the ATL address, and you're certain you still have access to the mailbox by all means stick to it and use it when filing out your forms. Just make sure you're still listed on the mailbox with the post office or you will at least list your address as 'i/c' whoever will be officially listed as the new owner if the mail box will no longer be directly listed under your name.

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for bombarding you with questions but it seems like every tiny thing in this process becomes a challenge for me!
So, I thought that I had chicken pox as a child and was immune, however, I decided to take a test to make sure of this. Surprisingly, It turned out that I am not immune. And now the problem is that apparently, starting a few years ago, it has been decided that Vercilla vaccine needs to be a two-phase vaccine and I do not have enough time to take the second shot. What do you think I should do? Is it OK to only do the first shot or would the civil surgeon take my word If I tell them that I am immune?

Thanks for your help.

It's not a big deal Mohammad. Just go through the process. It's just fine to have the vaccination process started. As long as you are going through the vaccination process, you are good. Just present the vaccination document to your surgeon.
Good that you brought the topic, I have to do my third shot :)

I just want to defend NY FO =)
You guys are talking about NYC (city!!) FO. Which is known to be very slow and difficult to deal with.
From timelines in previous years it seems to me that they indeed wait and combine DV cases with the latest one.

Yes, talking about the NYC office. It's a disaster it seems.