• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Mom,
  1. The fact that KCC submitted DV file to FO, indicates that AOS (that contains crucial I-485 form + supporting documents) package HAS BEN FORWARDED from NBC in Missouri/Nebraska Service Center TO the applicant's field office ?!! Is this correct assumption?
  2. Because....the only way KCC knows about where to send KCC (initial DV forms) file is IF Field Office Requests it ?!?...Yes...or..no?
  3. OR...NBC/NSC contacts KCC to send DV forms to FO...which then means that, even though KCC has submitted files to FO, does not necessarily indicate that FO HAS AOS files ?!!
Still trying to come up with the logistics of the procedure!

Thoughts?

Thx

1. Yes the assumption is correct.

2. I don't agree with @c1984 and I will go with 'Yes' also on this one. Reason being that people move, relocate and change addresse all the time. So I don't think KCC will rely on an address on the DSP form submitted several months before to determine an applicant's applicable FO.

3. To the best of my knowledge, FOs are responsible for contacting the KCC to make the file requests.

Hey guys,
So I had my interview this morning. It was fairly short and simple. Lasted no more than 15mins.
I took the oath, yes/no questions, asked for my DV fee receipt, birth certificate, my current employment and pay stubs.
Then she asked for my transcripts, and asked me if I had graduated, which I had. Then she questioned me about this one semester which I took off for an CPT internship here in the US. I was still enrolled college for that semester since it was mandatory to enroll in a pass/fail practical training class. However, she said needs to further verify this information and handed me "Case held for further review notice, no documents needed at this time" and asked me to wait to hear from them within 2 weeks. I was a bit upset, but oh well what could I do than to wait it out.

Just now when I checked my case status, it's in Card production :)
I'm still a little skeptical since she didn't take the I-94 or EAD from me. Is this normal? Am I greened?

Thanks guys :)

Congs! You're GREEN! :)

I just called to USCIS but they told me that they do not know. They did not want to transfer my call to the immigration supervisor. All they said is that the ASC office is responsible for that and they have no idea whether it was sent or not.

Call again tomorrow and request to speak with a 2nd Level officer, not immigration supervisor.

Reactions: CWH
Sorry, I asked to speak with the immigration officer and they did not want to transfer my call.

No worries. Just give it another shot tomorrow, hopefully you will get to speak with a more understanding person. Be polite but firm when you request the transfer, they may make you wait for upto 1 hour, but I think it could be worth it. The first line rep can't see anything you can't see online yourself, only the 2 level officer/immigration officer can access the file and see a bit more.

Mom, the 12 year veteran I met the other day had a "rank" of SISO. The first S being a Senior I suppose. She kept telling me she had special access to several systems that "normal" officers didn't have. Is that what you mean by a 2nd level officer?

Simon, to be honest, I have no idea about their ranking system. To the best of my knowledge, the 2nd LO is actually an immigration officer unlike the customer service rep who answer the phone when one calls the USCIS 1-800 number. I believe I've read somewhere that those guys are really 3rd party contractors with limited access to case files. They used to play such an important role back in those days when applicants had limited online access to check up on their cases directly.

Just got the result of my expedite request last week,
still shows that "will have an interview in Sep."
very unhelpful!!!!
can I do the request again or just wait to Friday?
How can they put all cases in Sep.????
really feel hopeless...

Just got the result of my expedite request last week,
still shows that "will have an interview in Sep."
very unhelpful!!!!
can I do the request again or just wait to Friday?
How can they put all cases in Sep.????
really feel hopeless...

Oh nice!

Just wait until Friday. You and I might have to accept our fate (a September interview). There really is not a risk of visas being exhausted in August, so if we at least get early September dates we will be ok.

Mom, the 12 year veteran I met the other day had a "rank" of SISO. The first S being a Senior I suppose. She kept telling me she had special access to several systems that "normal" officers didn't have. Is that what you mean by a 2nd level officer?
I got interested and just looked up what that abbreviation might potentially stand for....

SISO=Supervisory Immigration Services Officer (Field Office Director)

Some of job duties: (source: usajobs.gov)
  • Providing technical and administrative supervision to multiple levels of subordinates engaged in programs administering immigration benefits and services, processing citizenship applications and family and employment based petitions and registration;
  • Providing administrative or logistical support to multiple levels of subordinates engaged in enforcement activities related to the prevention of aliens illegally obtaining immigration benefits in the United States;
But can not imagine that (ranked) employee would work front and center- at the Info Pass cubicle!?!

I got interested and just looked up what that abbreviation might potentially stand for....

SISO=Supervisory Immigration Services Officer (Field Office Director)

Some of job duties: (source: usajobs.gov)
  • Providing technical and administrative supervision to multiple levels of subordinates engaged in programs administering immigration benefits and services, processing citizenship applications and family and employment based petitions and registration;
  • Providing administrative or logistical support to multiple levels of subordinates engaged in enforcement activities related to the prevention of aliens illegally obtaining immigration benefits in the United States;
But can not imagine that (ranked) employee would work front and center- at the Info Pass cubicle!?!

I can assure you that is what the printed record of visit she gave me said...

I came across the same title. http://www.americajobs.com/federal/supervisory-immigration-services-officer/858064/

I actually enjoyed this part of the job description "
  • Respond to applicants’ questions or resolve problems through the application of established methods and criteria without causing unnecessary delays to either the applicant or the organization."

Did the officer say anything?
Mine told me that my case was approved, checked that little square on his form, and told me to wait for my GC within the next 2 weeks, max a month.
Hi Sorry, Just saw your answer. Everything went really fast. I received my GC yesterday! I am so relieved.
Thank you all

2. I don't agree with @c1984 and I will go with 'Yes' also on this one. Reason being that people move, relocate and change addresse all the time. So I don't think KCC will rely on an address on the DSP form submitted several months before to determine an applicant's applicable FO.

3. To the best of my knowledge, FOs are responsible for contacting the KCC to make the file requests.
Thank you, Mom, for your reply and explanation!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: CWH
@alimomenz,

Please don't repost your letter on this thread again. This thread is for AOS related issues only. I've already created a new thread called 'An Open Letter to Simon' and moved your previous post to it. Please find the thread in the forum and follow up on your case/issues from there. I'm therefore deleting the one you've reposted here.

I don't think we disagree on no. 2. As I said in my post I think that the FO places the request and KCC sends the file to them.

I actually think, and this might be the thing that you disagree with, that you could even skip DSP-122 all together. I think you could actually start the whole process just by the DV fee payment and I-485. Not that I would advise people to skip DSP-122. We KNOW that the process that you have in the spreadsheet works and you don't change something that works. :)

I don't think we disagree on no. 2. As I said in my post I think that the FO places the request and KCC sends the file to them.

I actually think, and this might be the thing that you disagree with, that you could even skip DSP-122 all together. I think you could actually start the whole process just by the DV fee payment and I-485. Not that I would advise people to skip DSP-122. We KNOW that the process that you have in the spreadsheet works and you don't change something that works. :)

I've thought of that before too (and I'm sure Mom has), whilst I agree that you could do that, I think it might introduce some delay, since KCC do some DV specific checks, so when the FO requests the file, KCC might delay sending it while they do those checks....

Yep, one could skip that part if they wish. As a matter of fact, Raevsky erroneously encouraged some AOS applicants back in 2013 not to send in the DSP 122 form, even after we confirmed from KCC that they wanted the form sent in.

Sure, nothing disastrous may happen from not sending in the form, apart from the fact that anyone who doesn't send in the form does not get the AOS specific 2NL which is not a big deal except in cases where some IO specifically asked to see that at the time of interview as reported by some.

My case Cn Eu24000, my FO is Detroit, my BIO was on March 28, I visited infopass first time may8, and right away got my EAD and Advanced parole, from this time I was coming to see FO every 2 weeks with Info pass, I got IL on July 23, 2014, for interview Aug 18. If this is not frustrating? Each time was explanation, your file is actively working on, you need to wait for your IL, and wait, wait, wait.
Now I found that in my I485 I wrote down in organisation part, that I serviced in Military services, and under yes/no qs number 15, I mistakenly wrote no under military services instead yes, what will be my explanation on Interview if this qs arise? I did mistake, when was filling it up, cz, my services was actually just supportive, no any military activity, no any training, did not hold weapon even once.
Any suggestions, advises?

My case Cn Eu24000, my FO is Detroit, my BIO was on March 28, I visited infopass first time may8, and right away got my EAD and Advanced parole, from this time I was coming to see FO every 2 weeks with Info pass, I got IL on July 23, 2014, for interview Aug 18. If this is not frustrating? Each time was explanation, your file is actively working on, you need to wait for your IL, and wait, wait, wait.
Now I found that in my I485 I wrote down in organisation part, that I serviced in Military services, and under yes/no qs number 15, I mistakenly wrote no under military services instead yes, what will be my explanation on Interview if this qs arise? I did mistake, when was filling it up, cz, my services was actually just supportive, no any military activity, no any training, did not hold weapon even once.
Any suggestions, advises?

Sm1smom is the expert here, but I would personally suggest that you be prepared to correct that mistake during your interview. It is not good to have such a blatent mistake on your immigration records with the USA as that could come back to haunt you. Hopefully you have something regarding your military services in terms of discharge papers or a document of completion of your military service. I would have that document ready even though it might not normally be required for aos. My reasoning for that is in case they feel the earlier omission was deliberate to cover up something. Chances are that they won't really care and I don't think it will be a problem.

Good luck for the 18th!