• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Silly question: If you're on F-1 OPT and your GC just got approved, what are the next steps to do? I know I must inform my school & employer. Are there other things that I should be aware of?

You may want to visit the nearest SSA building and request for a replacement SSN card - you're now entitled to a SSN without the DHS restriction authorization on it,

You may also want to read the New Immigrant Guide compiled by USCIS:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

This morning I got my GC, that it's actually green, not anymore pink. :)

I have already informed my school (since I was on a F-1 visa), my employer (since I was on CPT), one of the following day I will go to have my SS card replaced (since its labeled that I can work only under authorization), and one day I will return my EAD to the FO.

Thank you everyone who contributes to this forum that has been so helpful in the entire process.

This morning I got my GC, that it's actually green, not anymore pink. :)

I have already informed my school (since I was on a F-1 visa), my employer (since I was on CPT), one of the following day I will go to have my SS card replaced (since its labeled that I can work only under authorization), and one day I will return my EAD to the FO.

Thank you everyone who contributes to this forum that has been so helpful in the entire process.

Oh the joy of that moment that you open the envelope. Congrats and enjoy. :)

I hand delivered a letter to my congressman yesterday. I plan to write to the San Francisco office Section Chief today also to continue adding some pressure on them to schedule their cases for interview in a timely manner. I plan to make that a general plea on behalf of all waiting cases, so if anyone wants to add there "voice" to that let me know. Andyaos - it might be good to go to your infopass armed with a similar letter and leave it for the section chief.

I hand delivered a letter to my congressman yesterday. I plan to write to the San Francisco office Section Chief today also to continue adding some pressure on them to schedule their cases for interview in a timely manner. I plan to make that a general plea on behalf of all waiting cases, so if anyone wants to add there "voice" to that let me know. Andyaos - it might be good to go to your infopass armed with a similar letter and leave it for the section chief.

Best of luck! #teamsimon

In addition to @hilgardian's response above, I think you're mixing things/terms up here.

"or the interview schedule has no relation with the AOS package transfer?"

1. The AOS package has everything to do with the interview, without the AOS package, there's no application in the system which means an interview cannot take place.

2. AOS is not what KCC sends to the FO. What they send is the DV case file which is different from the AOS package

3. AOS is the stuff your sister mailed to the Chicago Lockbox which gets forwarded to your applicable FO.

Mom question for you, based on the above note you made. What does the DV case file contain? I was also under the impression that the AOS package I sent is re-routed to the FO?

Mom question for you, based on the above note you made. What does the DV case file contain? I was also under the impression that the AOS package I sent is re-routed to the FO?

I'm sure that would contain the eDV entry information, the 122 form and any other correspondence you had with KCC, along with any information they had through their basic processing of the case.

Yes, and your impression is correct. The Chicago lockbox forwards the AOS package to the FO and I clearly stated that in my post which you quoted. Again, the AOS package is different from the KCC file/DV Case file. People please try to comprehend what is written before you start stressing yourselves out over nothing.

The DV case file from KCC contains your eDV application, the DSP 122 form (and DS 230 for those who bothered to include that), copies of whatever email correspondence you've had with KCC, possibly a copy of your DV payment receipt, possibly information from KCC confirming your selection and any other information KCC deems fit.

OK - I have sent this letter by Fedex. to be delivered tomorrow:

USCIS

630 Sansome Street

San Francisco, CA 94111

For the urgent attention of the Section Chief

Dear Sir/Madam,

I attended an Infopass appointment on Friday August 1, 2014. The reason for the appointment was to inquire why we had not been invited for interview already for our adjustment of status case. My wife is a DV2014 DV lottery selectee and my daughter and I are derivatives of her case. We were told that we would be interviewed “some time” in September and that is of great concern to us.

My case is fully ready for interview. Our DV lottery rank number (that determines processing order) became current in June. We submitted our I485 package in April (as allowed according to USCIS policy), it was accepted in early May and we completed biometrics in early June. I understand you have received clean background checks, your office requested and received our DV file from KCC in May. There is nothing holding us back from interview apart from your office scheduling the interview. We requested our case be expedited on July 3rd as we were entitled to do due to the “sunsetting” concerns of the DV lottery (i.e. our case cannot be processed once visas have been exhausted OR after September 30th, 2014). The fully justified expedite request seems to have been ignored by your office.

Due to the overselection of selectees this year (140,000 versus the normal ~100,000) it is certain that DV selectees will miss out this year. We have waited our turn and followed all the procedures correctly and given that we were current in June and submitted our paperwork in a timely manner, I do not want our case to be among the sad stories this year. That would be horribly unfair and not at all appropriate according to the processing of cases by rank number as set out in statutes and policy.

I understand your office has made a deliberate decision to delay all remaining DV case interviews until September. That decision is clearly contrary to the intent of the USCIS policy as set out in the Policy memorandum (PM-602-0088). The delay causes unnecessary stress and risk to our case as DV visas could be exhausted at any moment (and will most certainly be exhausted before the end of the fiscal year). So, I am writing to strongly urge you to reconsider this decision and schedule our appointment (as well as other cases that are ready for processing) as soon as possible. There is no justification to delay our case further and I am not aware of any other field office scheduling in this manner.

I have raised this issue with my Congressman (Congressman Swalwell) and I hopeful that he will contact your office on our behalf but it would obviously be preferable to have this decision reversed for all waiting cases including those that are less knowledgeable (and therefore vocal) about the risks and the policies in effect.

Our USCIS case numbers are:-

To be clear, I am not as pessimistic as the letter above sounds, but I have been told that I won't get interviewed until September and that makes no sense, so it isn't something I can ignore, and perhaps it will get them to move on all DV cases, not just mine....

USCIS

630 Sansome Street

San Francisco, CA 94111

Dear Sir/Madam,

I attended an Infopass appointment on Friday August 1, 2014. The reason for the appointment was to inquire why we had not been invited for interview already for our adjustment of status case. My wife is a DV2014 DV lottery selectee and my daughter and I are derivatives of her case. We were told that we would be interviewed “some time” in September and that is of great concern to us.

My case is fully ready for interview. Our DV lottery rank number (that determines processing order) became current in June. We submitted our I485 package in April (as allowed according to USCIS policy), it was accepted in early May and we completed biometrics in early June. I understand you have received clean background checks, your office requested and received our DV file from KCC in May. There is nothing holding us back from interview apart from your office scheduling the interview. We requested our case be expedited on July 3rd as we were entitled to do due to the “sunsetting” concerns of the DV lottery (i.e. our case cannot be processed once visas have been exhausted OR after September 30th, 2014). The fully justified expedite request seems to have been ignored by your office.

Due to the overselection of selectees this year (140,000 versus the normal ~100,000) it is certain that DV selectees will miss out this year. We have waited our turn and followed all the procedures correctly and given that we were current in June and submitted our paperwork in a timely manner, I do not want our case to be among the sad stories this year. That would be horribly unfair and not at all appropriate according to the processing of cases by rank number as set out in statutes and policy.

I understand your office has made a deliberate decision to delay all remaining DV case interviews until September. That decision is clearly contrary to the intent of the USCIS policy as set out in the Policy memorandum (PM-602-0088). The delay causes unnecessary stress and risk to our case as DV visas could be exhausted at any moment (and will most certainly be exhausted before the end of the fiscal year). So, I am writing to strongly urge you to reconsider this decision and schedule our appointment (as well as other cases that are ready for processing) as soon as possible. There is no justification to delay our case further and I am not aware of any other field office scheduling in this manner.

I have raised this issue with my Congressman (Congressman Swalwell) and I hopeful that he will contact your office on our behalf but it would obviously be preferable to have this decision reversed for all waiting cases including those that are less knowledgeable (and therefore vocal) about the risks and the policies in effect.

Oh oh! :oops:

USCIS

630 Sansome Street

San Francisco, CA 94111

Dear Sir/Madam,

Nice! :)

Thank You!!!
Yeah we will have all documents including our work authorization cards, driver licenses and employment letter. Did He asked about Your translations? I mention above that we sent our translations in Chicago package and we didn't make copy :(((. He should have them right?
Our case is a bit different but I past almost a year checked every corner, every policy and any U.S. rights and we doing everything lawfully, everything look pretty clear so we should also make it happen.
Thank You for a number and Your help.
Hi kukilaska,
Did u call KCC?