• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I really do not know what to do. My application was accepted on July 22, but I still did not receive biometrics appointment letter. I just feel hopeless.

In addition to @hilgardian's response above, I think you're mixing things/terms up here.

"or the interview schedule has no relation with the AOS package transfer?"

1. The AOS package has everything to do with the interview, without the AOS package, there's no application in the system which means an interview cannot take place.

2. AOS is not what KCC sends to the FO. What they send is the DV case file which is different from the AOS package

3. AOS is the stuff your sister mailed to the Chicago Lockbox which gets forwarded to your applicable FO.
Mom,
  1. The fact that KCC submitted DV file to FO, indicates that AOS (that contains crucial I-485 form + supporting documents) package HAS BEN FORWARDED from NBC in Missouri/Nebraska Service Center TO the applicant's field office ?!! Is this correct assumption?
  2. Because....the only way KCC knows about where to send KCC (initial DV forms) file is IF Field Office Requests it ?!?...Yes...or..no?
  3. OR...NBC/NSC contacts KCC to send DV forms to FO...which then means that, even though KCC has submitted files to FO, does not necessarily indicate that FO HAS AOS files ?!!
Still trying to come up with the logistics of the procedure!

Thoughts?

Thx

Reactions: CWH
Mom,
  1. The fact that KCC submitted DV file to FO, indicates that AOS (that contains crucial I-485 form + supporting documents) package HAS BEN FORWARDED from NBC in Missouri/Nebraska Service Center TO the applicant's field office ?!! Is this correct assumption?
  2. Because....the only way KCC knows about where to send KCC (initial DV forms) file is IF Field Office Requests it ?!?...Yes...or..no?
  3. OR...NBC/NSC contacts KCC to send DV forms to FO...which then means that, even though KCC has submitted files to FO, does not necessarily indicate that FO HAS AOS files ?!!
Still trying to come up with the logistics of the procedure!

Thoughts?

Thx

KCC knows which FO to send the DV file to based on the DSP-122 that you filled (if you did). But they will wait until a request is placed by the FO. So yes, if KCC has sent the file to a specific FO, it means that the FO has received your AOS package and has taken the step to request your DV file from KCC as well.

OK - I have sent this letter by Fedex. to be delivered tomorrow:

USCIS

630 Sansome Street

San Francisco, CA 94111

For the urgent attention of the Section Chief

Dear Sir/Madam,

I attended an Infopass appointment on Friday August 1, 2014. The reason for the appointment was to inquire why we had not been invited for interview already for our adjustment of status case. My wife is a DV2014 DV lottery selectee and my daughter and I are derivatives of her case. We were told that we would be interviewed “some time” in September and that is of great concern to us.

My case is fully ready for interview. Our DV lottery rank number (that determines processing order) became current in June. We submitted our I485 package in April (as allowed according to USCIS policy), it was accepted in early May and we completed biometrics in early June. I understand you have received clean background checks, your office requested and received our DV file from KCC in May. There is nothing holding us back from interview apart from your office scheduling the interview. We requested our case be expedited on July 3rd as we were entitled to do due to the “sunsetting” concerns of the DV lottery (i.e. our case cannot be processed once visas have been exhausted OR after September 30th, 2014). The fully justified expedite request seems to have been ignored by your office.

Due to the overselection of selectees this year (140,000 versus the normal ~100,000) it is certain that DV selectees will miss out this year. We have waited our turn and followed all the procedures correctly and given that we were current in June and submitted our paperwork in a timely manner, I do not want our case to be among the sad stories this year. That would be horribly unfair and not at all appropriate according to the processing of cases by rank number as set out in statutes and policy.

I understand your office has made a deliberate decision to delay all remaining DV case interviews until September. That decision is clearly contrary to the intent of the USCIS policy as set out in the Policy memorandum (PM-602-0088). The delay causes unnecessary stress and risk to our case as DV visas could be exhausted at any moment (and will most certainly be exhausted before the end of the fiscal year). So, I am writing to strongly urge you to reconsider this decision and schedule our appointment (as well as other cases that are ready for processing) as soon as possible. There is no justification to delay our case further and I am not aware of any other field office scheduling in this manner.

I have raised this issue with my Congressman (Congressman Swalwell) and I hopeful that he will contact your office on our behalf but it would obviously be preferable to have this decision reversed for all waiting cases including those that are less knowledgeable (and therefore vocal) about the risks and the policies in effect.

Our USCIS case numbers are:-

Good job! Simon!
Hope it works.
I will also try to explain again this Friday with my Infopass.
Hope we can get it through...really feel stressful...

I really do not know what to do. My application was accepted on July 22, but I still did not receive biometrics appointment letter. I just feel hopeless.

Not that it's way overdue, but you can call USCIS customer service and ask whether the Biometrics letter has been sent. I will not be surprised if the Biometrics letter is on the way. What is your ASC? Is it a busy one?

Not that it's way overdue, but you can call USCIS customer service and ask whether the Biometrics letter has been sent. I will not be surprised if the Biometrics letter is on the way. What is your ASC? Is it a busy one?

i am quite certain that the ASC is indianapolis, IN beacause @MK999 and my sister are in the same town. from what i know of, people in our town get to go there for bio. if i remember correctly, @MK999 is current in july.

To be clear, I am not as pessimistic as the letter above sounds, but I have been told that I won't get interviewed until September and that makes no sense, so it isn't something I can ignore, and perhaps it will get them to move on all DV cases, not just mine....

Simon:

just think of our FO is so weird.
What if we pass the interview, we will get the approved soon?
they will inform to KCC on time that we get the approved or what?

LOL - I have a feeling our interview might be a bit tougher because of my whining - but oh well - I'm prepared, bring it on!

Tell me, what da heck happened to all those yoga practice I asked you to keep working on? :eek:

Well, it's really not the toughness of the interview per se that I'm concerned about, it's more about the fact that adjustment of status is not a right, it's a priviledge and the bloody FO superitendent could decide to pull that on you and refuse to actually schedule you till the FY is over, knowing fully well that once that happens no court can order them to adjudicate your case any more. I don't think that will actually happen in your case, but I just feel one needs to be aware of that. So having said that, I would have picked some of my words with care. Men! that letter doesn't even sound like the Simon we know here.

Since you already have your NOA which means you have a MSC case no, call USCIS to find out if the bio letter has been mailed out or not. It's possibly on its way, but you don't want to seat back and be wringing your hands without doing anything else. Earlier this year, someone was equally in that same situation only for USCIS to inform them the bio letter had already been mailed - but it never got delivered. He was told to call back after a couple of days if he still didn't receive it, and he still never got the mailed one - USCIS eventually had to fax him a copy maybe a day or two before the bio appointment.

Tell me, what da heck happened to all those yoga practice I asked you to keep working on? :eek:

Well, it's really not the toughness of the interview per se that I'm concerned about, it's more about the fact that adjustment of status is not a right, it's a priviledge and the bloody FO superitendent could decide to pull that on you and refuse to actually schedule you till the FY is over, knowing fully well that once that happens no court can order them to adjudicate your case any more. I don't think that will actually happen in your case, but I just feel one needs to be aware of that. So having said that, I would have picked some of my words with care. Men! that letter doesn't even sound like the Simon we know here.

Yeah I hear you - but I am British. It is all about fair play and SF FO aren't playing fair.

As for the letter I thought I had been "gentle".... :oops:

Good job! Simon!
Hope it works.
I will also try to explain again this Friday with my Infopass.
Hope we can get it through...really feel stressful...

Given Mom thinks I might have been a little bold, you might want to not go quite as "heavy" as I did..... :oops:

Simon:

just think of our FO is so weird.
What if we pass the interview, we will get the approved soon?
they will inform to KCC on time that we get the approved or what?

If everything is ready before your interview AND your CO knows the procedures your case should be approved in the interview - and the CO can "pick" the visa number right there. Sometimes they tell the applicants they need to "review" the case (code for they don't know what they are doing) and when that happens the cases seem to get approved within a few days or even hours.

Hey guys,
So I had my interview this morning. It was fairly short and simple. Lasted no more than 15mins.
I took the oath, yes/no questions, asked for my DV fee receipt, birth certificate, my current employment and pay stubs.
Then she asked for my transcripts, and asked me if I had graduated, which I had. Then she questioned me about this one semester which I took off for an CPT internship here in the US. I was still enrolled college for that semester since it was mandatory to enroll in a pass/fail practical training class. However, she said needs to further verify this information and handed me "Case held for further review notice, no documents needed at this time" and asked me to wait to hear from them within 2 weeks. I was a bit upset, but oh well what could I do than to wait it out.

Just now when I checked my case status, it's in Card production :)
I'm still a little skeptical since she didn't take the I-94 or EAD from me. Is this normal? Am I greened?

Thanks guys :)

I think it is Indianapolis. I just called to USCIS and they told me that they do not know if it was sent or not. It is just crazy.

Hey guys,
So I had my interview this morning. It was fairly short and simple. Lasted no more than 15mins.
I took the oath, yes/no questions, asked for my DV fee receipt, birth certificate, my current employment and pay stubs.
Then she asked for my transcripts, and asked me if I had graduated, which I had. Then she questioned me about this one semester which I took off for an CPT internship here in the US. I was still enrolled college for that semester since it was mandatory to enroll in a pass/fail practical training class. However, she said needs to further verify this information and handed me "Case held for further review notice, no documents needed at this time" and asked me to wait to hear from them within 2 weeks. I was a bit upset, but oh well what could I do than to wait it out.

Just now when I checked my case status, it's in Card production :)
I'm still a little skeptical since she didn't take the I-94 or EAD from me. Is this normal? Am I greened?

Thanks guys :)

Hahaha - see my post just before yours. This isn't the first time a "review" was needed. I imagine that review was something along the lines of "hey, what do I do with this DV thingy?"

You're green - congrats!

Since you already have your NOA which means you have a MSC case no, call USCIS to find out if the bio letter has been mailed out or not. It's possibly on its way, but you don't want to seat back and be wringing your hands without doing anything else. Earlier this year, someone was equally in that same situation only for USCIS to inform them the bio letter had already been mailed - but it never got delivered. He was told to call back after a couple of days if he still didn't receive it, and he still never got the mailed one - USCIS eventually had to fax him a copy maybe a day or two before the bio appointment.

I just called to USCIS but they told me that they do not know. They did not want to transfer my call to the immigration supervisor. All they said is that the ASC office is responsible for that and they have no idea whether it was sent or not.

Hahaha - see my post just before yours. This isn't the first time a "review" was needed. I imagine that review was something along the lines of "hey, what do I do with this DV thingy?"

You're green - congrats!

Hahaha perfect timing.
Thanks a lot for helping me throughout this process guys. Special shout out to Sm1smom, Britsimon, and abidjan. Thanks for helping me and everyone else out there.

All the best for the rest of you out there. :)