• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Where is a preferable studio to take dv photos nai, my sister is applying and she just took really wierd photos from some studio. Thanks

Chariot Photo Studio, Re Insurance Plaza_ground floor, City Centre.They r accredited by the US embassy.

Breakdown;
4pix per person(2X2)..............................Kshs 400
transferring image to digital media...........Kshs 100.
If u don't have a usb stick.around Kshs50 for the cd.
Total without usb stick=Kshs 550: total with usb stick=Kshs 500.

All the best.

Dv photos for online application purposes are 600px by 600px. The photos needed after selection by KCC (hard copies) and embassy/IOM are 2 x 2 in size.

Hello Friends,

Just wish to ask if Grades matter for high school degree. Also I have read somewhere in this Forum that they did ask for affidavit of support to couple of winners. Do DV Visa winners require affidavit of support as well.

Affidavit of support is optional. However, you need to prove that you will not become a public charge in the US once granted the visa by providing other forms of financial evidence for example a bank statement, land title etc. Check this out from the DOS website;

IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

Hi Obz, what is the meaning of your location 'Niko Worx/Mtaani, Jamhuri yetu'? "Which country is that?".....lol.... Seriously, am curious?

Anyone who was denied Visa because he/she had a C- kwenda chini BUT had a GENUINE DEGREE (and/or has work experience) optional. Please, please we welcome you to solve this issue. Henrica80 i am hoping that the one who was denied will answer this for IF there is one. Otherwise just know every interview is UNIQUE only your GOD will save you.

KCSE is the most important to those guys. Even if one has a PHD from Havard, with a KCSE mean grade of C-, you get dumped. It is all about beating the competition guys. Remember there are over 100,000 winners minus derivatives who are competing for 50,000 visas. So they are looking for the smallest reason to deny you a visa and give it to another person with a clean record ( meaning passed with flying colours).

Hi Obz, what is the meaning of your location 'Niko Worx/Mtaani, Jamhuri yetu'? "Which country is that?".....lol.... Seriously, am curious?

"Niko Worx" is urban slang for I'm at work:Mtaani(estate/neighborhood) denotes I'm at home. Jamhuri yetu is our Kenyan republic(Kenyan diaspora refer to the motherland as "Jamhuri").

:cool::cool:

HAS NO HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA=== CORRECT HEXA CORRECT. hey but why would one apply if she had NO DIPOMA hics hics :eek: lolest

We r all pushing our luck to see how far it would take us:p:p

In countries where many people don't speak English, there are agents who offer to do your DV entry for a fee. The most unscrupulous of these agents don't care if you have HS diploma, they just want to get your fee. So, there are cases when the winners don't actually qualify.

And then there are people who is just pushing their luck, or willing to get fake diplomas to move ahead. The US embassy in my country even has a warning out: if you submit a falsified document, we won't just deny your application, we will report you to the national police.

Congrats Wakin & Family

DV2013AF00018XXX
Entry Checked: -
Forms sent to KCC: 14.07.2012
Confirmed by KCC : After putting calls thru to them
Medicals: NOT YET
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police : NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET
P.O.E:STATEN ISLAND,NY

Congrats Wakin,may you and your family posses your possession in the US.Remember us in your prayers guy.I think our case is similar cos i was also single when i applied for d lottery now married after the lottery selection but can tell if i would pregnant during the interview.Wish me and my husband luck too

Am happy also, thank you for your prayers

Thank you Karendi

Congrats Wakin & Family

DV2013AF00018XXX

Congrats Wakin,may you and your family posses your possession in the US.Remember us in your prayers guy.I think our case is similar cos i was also single when i applied for d lottery now married after the lottery selection but can't tell if i would pregnant during the interview.Wish me and my husband luck too.

Am happy also, thank you for your prayers

Thank you Karendi

Lost Confirmation Number

Hmmmm, I'm in a big trouble then. Been looking for it ever since I confirmed my selection. Will see what I can do. If I don't find it I will call KCC to see if there's a way out. I won't tell my wife abt abt this or else she will collapse. lol

If you checked your status using your personal computer that memorises data previously filled-in in online forms, all hope not lost yet. (Even public computer (office, internet cafe) will do, but you must find the specific computer you used and hope the cache has not been deleted, then there maybe many numbers to select from, if other people have been using the same computer to check their status).

Anyway, once you are on the specific computer and web-browser that you used before, all you have to do is to go back to the confirmation website (www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/) and as you start to type the confirmation number 2013... it should display the previously entered number, and you are good to go. Then fill in your last name and DOB and you'll be taken back to your 1st NL.

Regards

Chariot Photo Studio, Re Insurance Plaza_ground floor, City Centre.They r accredited by the US embassy.

Breakdown;
4pix per person(2X2)..............................Kshs 400
transferring image to digital media...........Kshs 100.
If u don't have a usb stick.around Kshs50 for the cd.
Total without usb stick=Kshs 550: total with usb stick=Kshs 500.

All the best.
Nowadays they are doing this for only Ksh.480 plus transferring to a cd.
Good luck, guys.

DV2013AF00018XXX

Congrats Wakin,may you and your family posses your possession in the US.Remember us in your prayers guy.I think our case is similar cos i was also single when i applied for d lottery now married after the lottery selection but can tell if i would pregnant during the interview.Wish me and my husband luck too
You'll be blessed

Date of Birth

Hello guys,

please i would like to ask you about DOB correction, my friend registered in original entry MMDDYYYY but now when he email them to inquire about his case they reply "The information you have provided does not match the case. For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the correct required information" and he said he is sure he remember very well how he entered and the problem now he already sent them the DS 230 and DSP- 122 forms and his case is current for December till now he didn't receive his 2NL and can't inquire via email?
pls guys lets share your experience with us to overcome this trouble.

any help highly appreciated.

KCSE is the most important to those guys. Even if one has a PHD from Havard, with a KCSE mean grade of C-, you get dumped. It is all about beating the competition guys. Remember there are over 100,000 winners minus derivatives who are competing for 50,000 visas. So they are looking for the smallest reason to deny you a visa and give it to another person with a clean record ( meaning passed with flying colours).

This is not true. I won DV Lottery in DV 2012 and got my visa in Nairobi Embassy early 2012. I had a mean grade of C- (Minus) in KCSE but had a Masters degree from a US university. I lived in the US for 3 years before coming back to Kenya and won the lottery and my visa was approved with no issues. I am now back in the US. So its not true that KCSE is the final qualification, if you have post secondary qualifications e.g. Bachelors degree and your performance is good those folks at the embassy should approve your visa with no issues! Good Luck folks :)

This is not true. I won DV Lottery in DV 2012 and got my visa in Nairobi Embassy early 2012. I had a mean grade of C- (Minus) in KCSE but had a Masters degree from a US university. I lived in the US for 3 years before coming back to Kenya and won the lottery and my visa was approved with no issues. I am now back in the US. So its not true that KCSE is the final qualification, if you have post secondary qualifications e.g. Bachelors degree and your performance is good those folks at the embassy should approve your visa with no issues! Good Luck folks :)

It is not true for you but it is true for others who have also posted in this forum. Remember you did your Masters from the US. Your case is exceptional. Your documents were evaluated by the US and they took you on for their Masters. So the embassy had to tag along. It is a different scenario for some one who studied here. Some one was denied yet they had a Diploma in Law and work experience but was told they had a C-. Anyway, at the end of the day, there is also lady luck. If she smiles yo way, you can beat the odds.