• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

you're confusing me...................i insist that she was not asked by the way i wondered why............the only docs taken were police record, original passport and birth cert for my spouse then birth cert and original passport for my son.............they never asked for the academic cert for my spouse......i think my interview was special

thank you for the correction. Point taken

MaKiki, the requirement for high school education / two years work experience is only for the DV selectee (main applicant). The spouse is not subject to that requirement.

If the selectee doesn't meet the requirement the entire family isn't getting visas:confused:, it doesn't matter even if his/her spouse is a PhD from Harvard. If the selectee meets the requirement, then it doesn't matter if the spouse never spent a day in school.

Thank you for the information, It is very good and educative. Somewhere in the forum threads i came across the story below, we are ALL here as DV SELECTEES (out of the 7'00'000 people that applied you were among the 4700 that were chosen from KENYA so YOU ARE UNIQUE and SPECIAL waiting for further processing, FORUM MEMBERS give opinions that can HELP or ******* especially to people who panic!!!! So kindly explore as much information as possible and decide for yourself after all its your life and REMEMBER Every interview is UNIQUE! UNIQUE! UNIQUE!

I went to the interview with my wife, who is a DV lottery winner. We have been married for ten years. Our interview was in London in August 2010. They didn't ask for any additional documents or evidence of marriage such as wedding photos etc. What you should bring with you to the interview are the documents listed in the NL. Naturally, marriage certificate is very important as it is the official document that proofs your marriage.

Because my wife is the DV lottery winner, she was asked lots of "tricky" questions in the interview. For example: when did you get your high school diploma? When I tried to help her, the officer got angry because I am not the winner but my wife is. Therefore, I shouldn't say anything and she must answer the questions correctly. Ok, that suited me fine.

Because my wife is the winner, they checked only her school diplomas. My wife had a high school diploma but she didn't have a document that would show the scores for each course she took in high school, so the officer became unsure if my wife's high school degree is comparable to that in the U.S. It turned out to be a problem, but we managed to sort that out. Then again, the officer started to hesitate about issuing the visa, as my wife has been house wife for the past ten years and she won't be working in the U.S. Our idea is that I will be working and she will stay home, taking care of our kids that we're planning to have after moving to the U.S.

At that point, I showed the officer my PhD diploma and a letter from my (non-US) employer explaining my position, salary and a work history of eight years in that organization. I believe there is a strong demand for my skills and experience in the U.S. and it seemed that the officer thought so, too. Once the officer saw these documents, she became convinced that my wife and I will not be a burden on U.S. social services and I will be able to get a job (and a salary) that enables our life in the United States. Only now I was allowed to speak on behalf of my wife, and the rest of the interview was between me and the officer.
Last edited by dalmatian; 30th December 2010 at 04:07 AM.

Someone somewhere is Selected and might have the same background i hope this will RAISE you HOPES so HIGH that you will continue untill GOD sees you thru. Be blessed and remember You are UNIQUE and so is your interview.
Obeezyb where are you please help out by analysing this your STYLE, am trying to reach people who give up so easily when they see some CRACKED walls

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information and i hope one confused forumite like me will get to learn something from this. Thank you BUT for the rest who want to read more i got this for you from some thread in the forum. tho it was 2010 and we are in 2012. Every interview is unique oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks for that story.

The primary question in that example is whether the selectee (the wife) has a high school diploma, which she does. The next stage is finding out whether the family can support itself in USA, which can be satisfied by showing the spouse's high education, or a bank statement with enough money for several months' worth of living cost while they look for jobs.

Now, if the wife has no high school diploma, it would not matter if the husband has a PhD. The consular officer can not legally grant them visas. If he/she does then he/she is breaking the law, thus subject to firing and or prosecution.

The married couples questions are a bit scary. I'll be getting married some time in January, Inshallah, and hope that doesn't ruin my chances. I don't want to rush so as to please the DV people.

We will have a review of our facts before going though, make sure he knows everything.

Married interview from my view are the easiest thing to do. Wankinmaster was grilled as per what he had filled in the forms before as a single person and when he won he changed the status to married yet he had been married all that time.To avoid greencard marriages they had to go beyond doubts that its his wife and kid. I know of a nigeria guy who had to go for DNA of his kid to prove he is the father and it was at his own cost. If your married with kids and its a true marriage your good to go and the CO are bound by law to give you a visa if you have all the qualifications. They follow the law to the letter and that is why we have problems with education grades ie somebody got a c- but has degree.....but according to DV law its the KCSE grades that matters to them. Another thing is the principal applicant carries all the weight of qualifying qs. In my case they never looked at my wife's papers just what is needed and they ticked from a list. God bless you all and be confident, the visa is yours.

Married interview from my view are the easiest thing to do. Wankinmaster was grilled as per what he had filled in the forms before as a single person and when he won he changed the status to married yet he had been married all that time.To avoid greencard marriages they had to go beyond doubts that its his wife and kid. I know of a nigeria guy who had to go for DNA of his kid to prove he is the father and it was at his own cost. If your married with kids and its a true marriage your good to go and the CO are bound by law to give you a visa if you have all the qualifications. They follow the law to the letter and that is why we have problems with education grades ie somebody got a c- but has degree.....but according to DV law its the KCSE grades that matters to them. Another thing is the principal applicant carries all the weight of qualifying qs. In my case they never looked at my wife's papers just what is needed and they ticked from a list. God bless you all and be confident, the visa is yours.

Good advise for our fellow members.

Good stuff. Its good to know that people can still visit and advise us even when they are through with the process. God bless you too.

2nl

I would want to say a biiiiig Congratulations to Wank. Those of us behind will follow soon. my question is, will my 2NL and appointment letter be sent to me via e-mail or through post?

I would want to say a biiiiig Congratulations to Wank. Those of us behind will follow soon. my question is, will my 2NL and appointment letter be sent to me via e-mail or through post?

It is sent by email
KCC just send an email asking you to lon on their website and check ur status as you did when you were checking if you are selected.

does that mean i will need the code i used to check the results of the lottery again? i've misplaced that code ooo