• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I think the Uganda forum should merge with us...whats ur take on this guys???????????????????????

We are only a 3 or 4 on the Ugandan list, and I think all of us are already participating on the Kenyan list already. So makes sense to consider us merged. Besides, we have to come to Nairobi for our interviews since the US embassy in Kampala doesn't handle immigrant visas. So it is very helpful for us to know what to expect when we come over. Maybe we should just make it an East African list, I think we have members from other EAC countries.

hi AhWah,
Good! you have said that you did your visa interview early this year and you was also a DV2012,
The KCSE C Plain qualification in US Embassy Nairobi, started early April this year especially after reduction of the Diversity Visa fees.
Thanks members,

I disagree with you on this one, Remember they reviewed the visa fees 2 times, the first time it was reviewed from $819 to $440 was late last year and that is the time they reviewed KCSE requirements in the US Embassy Nairobi, Also the paperwork i did at the embassy -the requirement was C plain, so by the time i went to the embassy the current requirement for KCSE was already in place!

It is not true for you but it is true for others who have also posted in this forum. Remember you did your Masters from the US. Your case is exceptional. Your documents were evaluated by the US and they took you on for their Masters. So the embassy had to tag along. It is a different scenario for some one who studied here. Some one was denied yet they had a Diploma in Law and work experience but was told they had a C-. Anyway, at the end of the day, there is also lady luck. If she smiles yo way, you can beat the odds.
Ash, Diploma is not equivalent to a Bachelors or a Masters degree. I want anybody who was denied with a Bachelors or a Masters degree to post their experience. So i don't think they can deny someone who has degree and graduated with a good GPA despite having a C- (Minus) in KCSE. So guys go for it but if yours is a diploma, its not a guarantee :)

I think the Uganda forum should merge with us...whats ur take on this guys???????????????????????

True..that's an idea:p how about renaming the thread to EA.

Come to think of it,do we have Somalis,South Sudanese,Mauritians in the house?

Academic requirement

DIVERSITY VISA NOTICE FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS

Please review this paper carefully

To qualify for the Diversity visa, you must have graduated from secondary school and passed the KCSE with a minimum of c plain or its equivalent.

Below are the guidelines for educational requirements in Kenya

Degree programs

Admission to bachelor’s degree programs is based on any one of the following minimum qualification:

K.C.S.E. Mean grade c+ or equivalent.
K.C.S.E MEAN GRADE C- or equivalent plus a certificate and Diploma
O level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma.
O level Division III or equivalent plus a certificate and diploma
O level division III or equivalent plus a 3 year diploma from a recognized post secondary institution for admission to bachelor of education
Diploma from recognized instituting and aggregate of c in K.C.S.E or equivalent
A level with two principles passes or equivalent in relevant subjects. Only applicants whose results are available at the time of application will be considered.
CPA II/CPS II/CIPS or equivalent for commerce and arts and should have attained an aggregate of c in K.C.S.E or O level division III
Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in K.C.S.E
Degree From a recognized University

Yaani huyu msee alinipa hiyo info hapo juu alikua anaipikia jikoni gani hii? Alaaaa

Work experience

You can either apply the diversity program through education or work experience

Qualification for work experience

1. Have a K.C.S.E certificate
2. Have NOT less than two years work experience with a recognized institution/company

Na hiyo hapo juu pia, sasa sisemi kitu kapsaaaaaaaaaaa

Diversity requirement for Kenyans
1. All school certificate
2. Birth certificate
3. A 6 month valid passport that means a new passport
4. A good conduct certificate from Criminal investigation department

Medical results (only from IOM) Located in 4th ngong avenue upperhill, they have their own panel physician. NAIROBI
Dr. Uma Nathwani City House, Moi Avenue opposite Catholic Church Mombasa Medical Practice

I got the above information from a very reliable source, those who were there can say they saw it before paying their fee.

Any contribution that is not contradicting to be posted we all want to HELP and not Demoralize.

Last edited by a moderator:
DIVERSITY VISA NOTICE FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS

Please review this paper carefully

To qualify for the Diversity visa, you must have graduated from secondary school and passed the KCSE with a minimum of c plain or its equivalent.

Below are the guidelines for educational requirements in Kenya

Work experience

Diversity requirement for Kenyans
1. All school certificate
2. Birth certificate
3. A 6 month valid passport that means a new passport
4. A good conduct certificate from Criminal investigation department

Medical results (only from IOM) Located in 4th ngong avenue upperhill, they have their own panel physician. NAIROBI
Dr. Uma Nathwani City House, Moi Avenue opposite Catholic Church Mombasa Medical Practice

I got the above information from a very reliable source, those who were there can say they saw it before paying their fee.

Any contribution that is not contradicting to be posted we all want to HELP and not Demoralize.

Don't have a say!

This is getting more interesting i just wonna say am loving this forum minute after minute, day after day, its very educative and very very supportive. So much information, Cool i say!!!

Hello guys,

my question is, if i got Affidavit of support form from someone else than which I've written in DS form is there a problem? i mean the first person was unable to send me and there was not enough time to inform the KCC to change the address then i got it from another person, do you think that it will make some problem?

IF someone's beliefs and confidence are strong enough, they can achieve something that is very difficult, and thats FAITH, almost all of us have different fears, i might have c and above yet i have another issue that i feel might hinder me from achieving my goal, at the end of the day, its our FAITH, who has began a good thing in us will finish it... have a blessed sunday my forum family
Yes what do you mean?

technically i get what you are saying tihihihihihi............... we take the ones you have left and ignore what you ignored i.e

!!!!Thanks Wanky!!!! Anyone struggling with this KCSE question should by now fed him/herself.

Jipangeni mapeoples tihi tihihihihihi
o
This is getting more interesting i just wonna say am loving this forum minute after minute, day after day, its very educative and very very supportive. So much information, Cool i say!!!

IF someone's beliefs and confidence are strong enough, they can achieve something that is very difficult, and thats FAITH, almost all of us have different fears, i might have c and above yet i have another issue that i feel might hinder me from achieving my goal, at the end of the day, its our FAITH, who has began a good thing in us will finish it... have a blessed sunday my forum family

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.

Hello guys,

my question is, if i got Affidavit of support form from someone else than which I've written in DS form is there a problem? i mean the first person was unable to send me and there was not enough time to inform the KCC to change the address then i got it from another person, do you think that it will make some problem?

There is no problem at all so long as you give them the address at the embassy for you to receive your SSN and GC when you are in the land of honey

Thank you very much Henrica for that info. That is the key by the way.

Do you want to Soar Like Eagles or Scratch like Chickens?

Confidence and believe that you can. In my life i have never seen obstacles i see opportunities so this issue of grading/ marriage after winning/ affidavit of support are just stepping stones to success. Only that some people freak and quack like ducks or cluck like a barnyard chicken when they see the storm is coming. That is why you are here, to look for more and more information and see how you can step up and move. Helloooo!!! Believe you Can!!! Soar high like like an Eagle fly high and stop eating worms for christ sake go ahead and do it. Why would you expect a convincingly successful outcome when you haven’t convinced yourself that it’s possible?

CRACK THE FOLLOWING STORY I GOT SOMEWHERE

What are chickens like? Chickens are crowd followers. If a chicken sees a bunch of chickens running across the chicken yard, he will take off after them. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t know where they are going or why they are going there. He follows along because he doesn’t want to miss out on anything the majority is doing. Chickens just naturally “squabble and fight” over things in the chicken yard. If one finds a nice juicy bug to eat, suddenly they all want it. They will chase each other all over the chicken yard, trying to take it away from each other. They are funny that way. They can walk all around a bug or a grasshopper and not pay any attention to it, but the moment one decides he wants it, at that moment, they all decide they want it and the chase is on. They are content to live in the chicken yard, walking around with their eyes on the ground, scratching in the dirt looking for something to eat. Most of them will never try to fly. They are earthbound birds.

What are eagles like? They rise far above the ground and see life from a broad perspective. They also know how to wait for the right moment to soar. For thousands of years the eagle has been respected for its grandeur. When you observe its flight, its great wing span, and the power of its claws, it is inspiring, to say the least. The eagle is committed to that which he is destined to do, without concern for what is below him.

Imagine how each bird handles a storm. They are both birds, but they respond very differently when faced with adverse weather conditions. The chicken will immediately become worried. She’ll run in circles and flap her wings. Of course, she won’t actually fly, but she’ll flap and cluck and run for the chicken coop and the company of all the other scared chickens. She’ll try to get to shelter so she can stay out of the approaching storm. Now what about the eagle? The eagle won’t run, and he won’t cluck and make a fuss. The eagle will actually turn his face into the storm, feeling the strong wind on his face. Then, when the time is right, he’ll spread his wings, leap off of his perch, and fly directly into the violence of the storm. With his wings outstretched, he’ll catch the violent up drafts caused by the storm and be immediately swept up above the clouds and into the bright sunshine. He uses the pressure of the storm to glide higher without using his own energy. The eagle is able to do this because God has created it uniquely with an ability to lock his wings in a fixed position, in the midst of the fierce storm winds. The eagle uses the adversity of the storm to create an opportunity for itself.

Eagles, unlike chickens are raised to be risk-takers. So my friends don't think of the medical and visa fee just do it if you see a possibility opening for you. Zingine zote mwachie mwenyezi mungu. Ask God to remove all the limitations and obstacles that are bound to fail you.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things and win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”People who soar like eagles are risk takers. They are willing to “dare those mighty things” even when it means they may fail. They will not allow the fear of failure to rule their lives. They cling to the grace of God and this frees them to try new things. What if we put our whole heart and soul into a direction and it doesn’t work? Whenever we move forward with our dream, that is the risk we have to be willing to take in order to live as one who rises up on wings like an eagle.

GO EAGLES GO GO GO GO FLY SO HIGH MY FRIENDS BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Confidence and believe that you can. In my life i have never seen obstacles i see opportunities so this issue of grading/ marriage after winning/ affidavit of support are just stepping stones to success. Only that some people freak and quack like ducks or cluck like a barnyard chicken when they see the storm is coming. That is why you are here, to look for more and more information and see how you can step up and move. Helloooo!!! Believe you Can!!! Soar high like like an Eagle fly high and stop eating worms for christ sake go ahead and do it. Why would you expect a convincingly successful outcome when you haven’t convinced yourself that it’s possible?

CRACK THE FOLLOWING STORY I GOT SOMEWHERE

Eagles, unlike chickens are raised to be risk-takers. So my friends don't think of the medical and visa fee just do it if you see a possibility opening for you. Zingine zote mwachie mwenyezi mungu. Ask God to remove all the limitations and obstacles that are bound to fail you.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things and win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”People who soar like eagles are risk takers. They are willing to “dare those mighty things” even when it means they may fail. They will not allow the fear of failure to rule their lives. They cling to the grace of God and this frees them to try new things. What if we put our whole heart and soul into a direction and it doesn’t work? Whenever we move forward with our dream, that is the risk we have to be willing to take in order to live as one who rises up on wings like an eagle.

GO EAGLES GO GO GO GO FLY SO HIGH MY FRIENDS BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

I wish there was a like button. I like this...people take the chance; if you get refused at least you'll know what you need to pass the next time. If you get banned forever; well at least you will forget the dream of USA and dream for something else. Life is everywhere...if you want it...you will get it if you work towards it.

We are all winners already because we strive to be better than we already are.