• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I would like to know if there is a single woman who won DV lottery?
I want to know if a single woman having a baby will bring the same documents at the interview as single person.

If you give birth before the interview, your child should go with you, however you have to pay Visa fees for him/her. He/she will have to go through medical examination and pay for the same. The documents required will include the child's birth certificate, plus the child's passport.
The tricky part is your single status.
1. If the child's father is dead, you will have to show certificate of death.
2. If he's alive, were you two married or not? in which case you will have to provide proof of custody of child, plus of course divorce papers. Generally, since the child belongs to two people you have to prove that the other party consents to this process; which may result in the father not seeing their child again should you win the DV. You can wait for for information from other members.

I would like to know if there is a single woman who won DV lottery?
I want to know if a single woman having a baby will bring the same documents at the interview as single person.

APB:All the single ladies,make urselves known!!!(I'm not,I'm a married man:p)

The documents will be the same apart from the baby's birth cert/medical records.(I guess!!!)

If you give birth before the interview, your child should go with you, however you have to pay Visa fees for him/her. He/she will have to go through medical examination and pay for the same. The documents required will include the child's birth certificate, plus the child's passport.
2. If he's alive, were you two married or not? in which case you will have to provide proof of custody of child, plus of course divorce papers. Generally, since the child belongs to two people you have to prove that the other party consents to this process; which may result in the father not seeing their child again should you win the DV. You can wait for for information from other members.

Thank you for the reply,
The father is not dead
we were not married and he does not accept the child,
after telling him that i am pregnant he aked me for abortion and I refused
so he said that he does not want to hear from us.I hope you understand.
He is not on birth certificate.

I second that....

Thank you for the reply,
The father is not dead

I think a birth certificate is incomplete without the father's name, whether you like him or not, the facts need to be stated, your child may want to find out one day, you cant deny him that. He's still the father present or absent.

Thank you for the reply,
The father is not dead

I have just googled and came upon this.
Children traveling internationally require the same documentation as adults, that means that even the youngest babies need to get a passport or other accepted ID

International Child Abduction laws mean that you'll need a little more advance preparation and documentation if you are a parent traveling without your spouse, a grandparent, or if your last name is different from your child's last name.

You will need a notarized letter from the absent parent giving their permission for you to travel with the child. The letter must include the absent parents address, phone number, authorization to travel, the destination and the length of stay.
If you are a single parent by divorce, you will need the notarized letter plus your legal papers outlining custody.
If your spouse has died, you will need the death certificate
If a child traveling has a different last name from one of the parents, be prepared to show documentation that shows that both are parents (e.g. a birth certificate or adoption decree).
If the child had only one parent at birth, be prepared to show a birth certificate

Note: Unfortunately I am unable to give advice about specific destinations or situations. Check with your country’s state department, and the embassy of each country you will be visiting regarding the latest regulations and requirements. Try to get written instructions that you can carry with you in case any questions arise at immigration. For US Citizens, the state department website is travel.state.gov

I have just googled and came upon this.
Children traveling internationally require the same documentation as adults, that means that even the youngest babies need to get a passport or other accepted ID

International Child Abduction laws mean that you'll need a little more advance preparation and documentation if you are a parent traveling without your spouse, a grandparent, or if your last name is different from your child's last name.

You will need a notarized letter from the absent parent giving their permission for you to travel with the child. The letter must include the absent parents address, phone number, authorization to travel, the destination and the length of stay.
If you are a single parent by divorce, you will need the notarized letter plus your legal papers outlining custody.
If your spouse has died, you will need the death certificate
If a child traveling has a different last name from one of the parents, be prepared to show documentation that shows that both are parents (e.g. a birth certificate or adoption decree).
If the child had only one parent at birth, be prepared to show a birth certificate

Note: Unfortunately I am unable to give advice about specific destinations or situations. Check with your country’s state department, and the embassy of each country you will be visiting regarding the latest regulations and requirements. Try to get written instructions that you can carry with you in case any questions arise at immigration. For US Citizens, the state department website is travel.state.gov

THANK YOU, I am going to try my best

THANK YOU, I am going to try my best

Hey gal am a single parent and trust me if father is not in the bc worry not cause they will not bother you, you are the only parent known so no one else has a right underneath is a quote from their website

Important Notice
Parents traveling with children under age 18:
If two parents are listed on the birth certificate, both must appear at the visa interview and give consent for their child to travel to the United States. Those who are now single parents must provide a court order confirming that they are the sole guardian of the child. If the certificate of birth was issued by the Republic of Kenya, this court order should be obtained from the Children’s Court of the High Court of Kenya.”

So honey its all up there worry not Lord God is with you all through. He made me victorious.

Hope i have answered your querry to the best of my knowledge. And when i went for my interview wasn't asked for any AOS.

No 2nl yet!!!!!!!

Was told my forms are r being processed but the guys have taken soo long n m wondering if all is well

Thank you for the reply,
The father is not dead

Catchme is right. A birth cert is incomplete without the father since the process involved two people. We understand your situation but my dear, put the feelings aside and have legally accepted documents. Even if a father of the child is dead, the name still appears on the birth cert. So for your case, I think it is not right to eliminate his name. Granted he rejected the kid, but the fact still remains that he is the father. Besides, if you proceed with only your name in the birth cert, the issue of the father will continue to pop up even when you are in the US. Actually, by leaving out the father's name, you are not being fair to your child. You are thinking about your self and your emotions.

Since you never married, I believe you can swear an affidavit stating the facts surrounding your case. For example, you can state that the whereabout of the child is not known, you are a single parent blah blah just in case. You can have it as back up. But you should only submit the affidavits or extra documents if you have been asked specifically.

Was told my forms are r being processed but the guys have taken soo long n m wondering if all is well

Do not worry. At least they confirmed that they have your forms. Since you will be current in Oct, you can call the embassy and ask about your interview date. You do not have to wait for your 2nd NL to have that info.

Of course,

Do not worry. At least they confirmed that they have your forms. Since you will be current in Oct, you can call the embassy and ask about your interview date. You do not have to wait for your 2nd NL to have that info.

For me, I just emailed KCC the day I noticed that I was current on Oct requesting for my date of interview. After 5 days I got a noreply email telling me that they have updated the dvlottery.state.gov/ESC for me, so as to download my 2NL using the confirmation number page.

interview

Hey gal am a single parent and trust me if father is not in the bc worry not cause they will not bother you, you are the only parent known so no one else has a right underneath is a quote from their website

Important Notice
Parents traveling with children under age 18:
If two parents are listed on the birth certificate, both must appear at the visa interview and give consent for their child to travel to the United States. Those who are now single parents must provide a court order confirming that they are the sole guardian of the child. If the certificate of birth was issued by the Republic of Kenya, this court order should be obtained from the Children’s Court of the High Court of Kenya.”

So honey its all up there worry not Lord God is with you all through. He made me victorious.

Hope i have answered your querry to the best of my knowledge. And when i went for my interview wasn't asked for any AOS.
hey Kabombi
kindly share the interview experience ndo tujue what to expect

Interview experience

We beg for yua experience pliz. We wish to hear form you.

Will not go to the details everyone knows that is handing in your originals and copies and payment part etc.

Called to window 10:
co: How are you?
I: answered
co: You seem to be in a hurry (abit agitated cause my son is nagging)
I: no not at all
co: raise your hand and swear that what is written is the truth (in regards to the Ds 230 form) .................
I: followed instructions and i sign the Ds 230 form. He says hi to my son who ignores and goes back outside to play.
co: brings out my son's birth cert and asks who is this pointing at fathers name
I: answer
co: where is he
co: you know he has his rights, you have to get consent from him
I: i nod acknowledging (knowing very well am covered in that area)
Co: you have to get a court order or bring him in person to give consent
I: i produce the court order and he goes like that's a first most people are not aware (i feel so relieved)
Co: so after high school what else did you do
CO: pls hand me the certificates
I: i hand them
Co: hands them back after perusal and says ok then turns to his comp and types for like 30 secs. Then turns to the file and i see him write issued and he tells me handing a green piece of paper that your visa has been issued and it will be at the courier you selected in a weeks time.
I: say thank you and wish him a good day ofcourse with the biggest grin ever.:D

It took less than 3 minutes. And again all interviews are different. Be confident, organized etc. Am not sure but they didn't say what you should have attained. So poor in narration hope this helps. All the best guys it shall be well believe in God.:)

Cheap Immigrant air tickets to the US at IOM

Hullo members,

I just got info from a 2010 winner that there are cheap one way air tickets bought from IOM. I understand the price was 500$ per immigrant in 2010. Is there any one who knows the latest fee?

Am told the procedure is, register at IOM Westlands after you get your visa, your name is then sent to Geneva for approval that you are a true immigrant, after approval you pay for ticket at KCB, then the ticket is issued. I understand they can also just send it to your email after it is issued. Especially for some of us from far (Uganda), we do not have to wait for the ticket. They can send it to you.

Can some one please verify this info?

Yes its true

Hullo members,

I just got info from a 2010 winner that there are cheap one way air tickets bought from IOM. I understand the price was 500$ per immigrant in 2010. Is there any one who knows the latest fee?

Am told the procedure is, register at IOM Westlands after you get your visa, your name is then sent to Geneva for approval that you are a true immigrant, after approval you pay for ticket at KCB, then the ticket is issued. I understand they can also just send it to your email after it is issued. Especially for some of us from far (Uganda), we do not have to wait for the ticket. They can send it to you.

Yes it is though wait till you have your visa and yellow envelope and they will book for you though it depends on time of the year you traveling in september it will cost around 900 dollars but during winter that is Late October to Maybe Jan thats when it will cost you 500. Yeah and they can just email you the ticket all you need to do is appear at the airport.:)

Hullo members,

Good info Ash but surely that seems fairly cheap. I was advised by my future host in US that since we have kids we shouldn't compromise on travel fair. He advised KLM who have a direct flight to US. If its not direct then it can be a hustle if you have kids.

Yes it is though wait till you have your visa and yellow envelope and they will book for you though it depends on time of the year you traveling in september it will cost around 900 dollars but during winter that is Late October to Maybe Jan thats when it will cost you 500. Yeah and they can just email you the ticket all you need to do is appear at the airport.:)

Please advise, are they direct flights? I have 2 kids aged 4 and 1.8. My friend Ash has 5.

Will not go to the details everyone knows that is handing in your originals and copies and payment part etc.

Called to window 10:
co: How are you?
I: answered
co: You seem to be in a hurry (abit agitated cause my son is nagging)
I: no not at all
co: raise your hand and swear that what is written is the truth (in regards to the Ds 230 form) .................
I: followed instructions and i sign the Ds 230 form. He says hi to my son who ignores and goes back outside to play.
co: brings out my son's birth cert and asks who is this pointing at fathers name
co: where is he
co: you know he has his rights, you have to get consent from him
I: i nod acknowledging (knowing very well am covered in that area)
Co: you have to get a court order or bring him in person to give consent
I: i produce the court order and he goes like that's a first most people are not aware (i feel so relieved)
Co: so after high school what else did you do
CO: pls hand me the certificates
I: i hand them
Co: hands them back after perusal and says ok then turns to his comp and types for like 30 secs. Then turns to the file and i see him write issued and he tells me handing a green piece of paper that your visa has been issued and it will be at the courier you selected in a weeks time.
I: say thank you and wish him a good day ofcourse with the biggest grin ever.:D

It took less than 3 minutes. And again all interviews are different. Be confident, organized etc. Am not sure but they didn't say what you should have attained. So poor in narration hope this helps. All the best guys it shall be well believe in God.:)

Thanks for posting, what a walk over. Good luck with everything. I have done an image verification for this reply over 10 times.