• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Nbo - US flights Info

Please advise, are they direct flights? I have 2 kids aged 4 and 1.8. My friend Ash has 5.

From Kenya they are no direct flights to US.
If flying to places where emirates fly you can connect from nbo-Dubai- USA. Problem with this is that the Dubai to US flight is greater than 14 hours and this can be tormenting for kids as well as for you.

Can always take KLM or BA and connect through Amsterdam or London. These airlines give you a layover of 4 to 5 hours befor connecting, which is ideal as you can stretch your legs and grab a meal.

Also remember that some airlines will connect you in the US. So for example your final destination is Baltimore but you initially land in Atlanta for connection to Baltimore. You do not want such a connection as your Green card paperwork will be completed at Atlanta and any delays might cause you to miss the next connection.

Hope this helps

Yes it is though wait till you have your visa and yellow envelope and they will book for you though it depends on time of the year you traveling in september it will cost around 900 dollars but during winter that is Late October to Maybe Jan thats when it will cost you 500. Yeah and they can just email you the ticket all you need to do is appear at the airport.:)

phew! i was beginning to get worried there

From Kenya they are no direct flights to US.
If flying to places where emirates fly you can connect from nbo-Dubai- USA. Problem with this is that the Dubai to US flight is greater than 14 hours and this can be tormenting for kids as well as for you.

Can always take KLM or BA and connect through Amsterdam or London. These airlines give you a layover of 4 to 5 hours befor connecting, which is ideal as you can stretch your legs and grab a meal.

Also remember that some airlines will connect you in the US. So for example your final destination is Baltimore but you initially land in Atlanta for connection to Baltimore. You do not want such a connection as your Green card paperwork will be completed at Atlanta and any delays might cause you to miss the next connection.

Hope this helps
Ofcourse it does, thanks and be blessed.

Yes it is though wait till you have your visa and yellow envelope and they will book for you though it depends on time of the year you traveling in september it will cost around 900 dollars but during winter that is Late October to Maybe Jan thats when it will cost you 500. Yeah and they can just email you the ticket all you need to do is appear at the airport.:)

Thanks alot for the info.

Please advise, are they direct flights? I have 2 kids aged 4 and 1.8. My friend Ash has 5.

That is true. I think I may have to use the airport trolleys to ferry the kids.

As for the flights, there are no direct flights unfortunately. So either KLM or BA will all have to go through their countries of origin. The IOM deal is for BA flights. So my dear Catchme, just do enough exercise before you travel because we have alot of carrying to do with the kids.

Will not go to the details everyone knows that is handing in your originals and copies and payment part etc.

Called to window 10:
co: How are you?
I: answered
co: You seem to be in a hurry (abit agitated cause my son is nagging)
I: no not at all
co: raise your hand and swear that what is written is the truth (in regards to the Ds 230 form) .................
I: followed instructions and i sign the Ds 230 form. He says hi to my son who ignores and goes back outside to play.
co: brings out my son's birth cert and asks who is this pointing at fathers name
I: answer
co: where is he
co: you know he has his rights, you have to get consent from him
I: i nod acknowledging (knowing very well am covered in that area)
Co: you have to get a court order or bring him in person to give consent
I: i produce the court order and he goes like that's a first most people are not aware (i feel so relieved)
Co: so after high school what else did you do
CO: pls hand me the certificates
I: i hand them
Co: hands them back after perusal and says ok then turns to his comp and types for like 30 secs. Then turns to the file and i see him write issued and he tells me handing a green piece of paper that your visa has been issued and it will be at the courier you selected in a weeks time.
I: say thank you and wish him a good day ofcourse with the biggest grin ever.:D

It took less than 3 minutes. And again all interviews are different. Be confident, organized etc. Am not sure but they didn't say what you should have attained. So poor in narration hope this helps. All the best guys it shall be well believe in God.:)

That was a piece of cake. You should thank heaven.

How do i call the embassy

do not worry. At least they confirmed that they have your forms. Since you will be current in oct, you can call the embassy and ask about your interview date. You do not have to wait for your 2nd nl to have that info.
how can i call the embassy?

Hi Kabombi- call me slow but what is a yellow envelope?

Hullo members,

I just got info from a 2010 winner that there are cheap one way air tickets bought from IOM. I understand the price was 500$ per immigrant in 2010. Is there any one who knows the latest fee?

Am told the procedure is, register at IOM Westlands after you get your visa, your name is then sent to Geneva for approval that you are a true immigrant, after approval you pay for ticket at KCB, then the ticket is issued. I understand they can also just send it to your email after it is issued. Especially for some of us from far (Uganda), we do not have to wait for the ticket. They can send it to you.

Can some one please verify this info?

Thank God for this site- I am geting so much info. This is totally new, so IOM meaning Inter'l Org. of Migration? As in really? and do you get to choose the preferred airline?? Juicy stuff....:D

thank you catchme,i have just emailed the embassy i hope all goes well,waiting with baited breath

Nesh, relax all is well. When God opens a door no one can close it. Your number is relatively low and I understand the anxiety but not to worry everyone must be interviewed before Sept. 2013....all is well. Keep us posted on the good news.

Will not go to the details everyone knows that is handing in your originals and copies and payment part etc.

Called to window 10:
co: raise your hand and swear that what is written is the truth (in regards to the Ds 230 form) .................
I: followed instructions and i sign the Ds 230 form. He says hi to my son who ignores and goes back outside to play.
co: brings out my son's birth cert and asks who is this pointing at fathers name
I: i produce the court order and he goes like that's a first most people are not aware (i feel so relieved)
Co: hands them back after perusal and says ok then turns to his comp and types for like 30 secs. Then turns to the file and i see him write issued and he tells me handing a green piece of paper that your visa has been issued and it will be at the courier you selected in a weeks time.

It took less than 3 minutes. And again all interviews are different. Be confident, organized etc. Am not sure but they didn't say what you should have attained. So poor in narration hope this helps. All the best guys it shall be well believe in God.:)

Wow, thanks for sharing this; very important info and am thanking God for you for this good news. All the best and keep in communication with us....aaw and i like your son already :)

Called to window 10:

Thanks in advance

Thank God for this site- I am geting so much info. This is totally new, so IOM meaning Inter'l Org. of Migration? As in really? and do you get to choose the preferred airline?? Juicy stuff....:D

Yes it is International Organisation for Migration (the guys incharge of your medicals). The airticket issue is handled from their Westlands office and not where you will do your medicals from.

As for the prefferred airline, I do not know about that. I only know of British Airways. I do not know whether the deal is with other airlines as well.

House,
Form DS-230 part II, on the question concerning the occupation intending to work in the USA; For example, let me say my current occupation is xxxxxxxx and then on that question I filed as yyyyyyy ocupation. Can this be a problem during ma interview?
I had a guy(DV2012) who had an interview on Tuesday at Nairobi this week but unfortunately he failed, though he refused to discuss or either share his interview experience. The only thing that caused Visa denial was that; he was unable to give a proper reason as to why he choose to work on a different occupation rather than the one he is currently on.

Reply fro embasy

Nesh, relax all is well. When God opens a door no one can close it. Your number is relatively low and I understand the anxiety but not to worry everyone must be interviewed before Sept. 2013....all is well. Keep us posted on the good news.

cid:image001.png@01CB8707.04BA9A50

Embassy of the United States of America

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

Thank you for your email.

Please contact Kentucky Consular Center. The office which provides appointment letter for DV 2013 applicants are Kentucky Consular Center at this time.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative 5

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

I HAVE NOW EMAILED THE KCC ON THE ISSUE BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THEIR VISA BULLETIN THEY HAVE PROCESSED UP TO 8000 AND MINE IS 4K,GOD,PLEASE GIVE A SIGN,GUYS,YOUR PRAYERS WANTED

House,
Form DS-230 part II, on the question concerning the occupation intending to work in the USA; For example, let me say my current occupation is xxxxxxxx and then on that question I filed as yyyyyyy ocupation. Can this be a problem during ma interview?
I had a guy(DV2012) who had an interview on Tuesday at Nairobi this week but unfortunately he failed, though he refused to discuss or either share his interview experience. The only thing that caused Visa denial was that; he was unable to give a proper reason as to why he choose to work on a different occupation rather than the one he is currently on.

Bottom-line;r u able to defend ur selection of yyyyyyy instead of xxxxxxxx?

As someone said in this forum(cant remember whom)alot/if not all of ur interview queries will be centered on what u wrote on ur forms thus u should be prepared to defend it.

Obviously the wound is still raw,give him sometime time to recover;alternatively,u could buy him drinks & perhaps that could loosen things up:D

It s quite understandable that those who succumb to the interview would be unwilling to share(I would too:mad:)

Cheers.