• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Congratulations & welcome;

given ur number,u will be current from around June 2013 & thus u should receive ur 2nd NL around that time.

Ur interview date will be mentioned in ur 2nd NL thus probably around June 2013 or later.

To get a better grip of how things r going on,just go thru the thread from the start;if u do get stuck,we'll assist:D

Cheers.

I second Obeezyb on that one, you probably will be sometime in June 2013. However if the process is faster than last year who knows, maybe earlier than June. All the best.
The thread is very informative especially on the process, you can follow it up and welcome to the house ;)

Spelling mistake

Hi guys,
I have a situation. My son's birth certificate has a name error. Lets use the name Hamza. Birth certificate has Hamuza while passport has Hamza. The guys at the registry have not been of much help. Thats why am here to ask you if this is a problem.

Hi guys,
I have a situation. My son's birth certificate has a name error. Lets use the name Hamza. Birth certificate has Hamuza while passport has Hamza. The guys at the registry have not been of much help. Thats why am here to ask you if this is a problem.

am thinking if you get an affidavit (from a recognized advocate & commisioner of oaths) things can work out

am thinking if you get an affidavit (from a recognized advocate & commisioner of oaths) things can work out
Kinda same case here but mine is to do with the passport. My passport is badly spelt, I have gotten an affidavit but my lawyer has asked that i get a replacement once and for all...dunno how that would apply for a birth certificate

Kinda same case here but mine is to do with the passport. My passport is badly spelt, I have gotten an affidavit but my lawyer has asked that i get a replacement once and for all...dunno how that would apply for a birth certificate

Yeah a replacement is better, that way you don't have to explain yourself for the rest of your life.

KCC or the EMBASSY?

Ok, am a bit confused..............After having the 2NL, I had an inquiry of info from the Embassy in ma country where my interview is set but this is what they responded;

As we do not yet received DV 2013 files, Please contact Kentucky Consular Center with all your questions.

Yet on my 2NL, this is what the KCC stated

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear
Hae guys I need much advice.........On who is who to question.

Clear the air

Ok, am a bit confused..............After having the 2NL, I had an inquiry of info from the Embassy in ma country where my interview is set but this is what they responded;

As we do not yet received DV 2013 files, Please contact Kentucky Consular Center with all your questions.

Yet on my 2NL, this is what the KCC stated

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear
Hae guys I need much advice.........On who is who to question.

Queries.

1:Was the communication from the Nrb post an auto reply message or it was customized specifically for u(as in not from a template)?

2:As to ur query,who is the qualified recipient?(KCC is limited to processing;weighty matters r handled by the embassy).

Proposed solutions.

1:Give them a call(KCC\Nairobi Post) to find out who exactly will address ur query(r ur docs in transit?, what's their ETA & such).

2:Email the embassy a copy of ur forms with the related query on ur cover letter.

Good day.

I am more than ready to help where i can about the process up to the interview time. Post them and also guys go through the Kenya forum 2011,2012,Nigeria 2011, 2012,Ghana 2011 and 2012 there is a lot info there to be used and i think most ans will be there but if you got a unique case/question just post it.

Im happy you got your visa, I have a question regarding P.O.E. were you asked of your P.O.E and if u have relatives in the USA ? because when I filled my DS 230 i didnt include that i knew anyone or have place to stay there so when i went for medicals i WAS ASKED by the doctor where my P.OE is and if i had relatives then i told him California and that i have friends there. Is this any problem ? can I still change P.O.E ? will I be asked during interview for my P.O.E ? please help me. Thanks

Im happy you got your visa, I have a question regarding P.O.E. were you asked of your P.O.E and if u have relatives in the USA ? because when I filled my DS 230 i didnt include that i knew anyone or have place to stay there so when i went for medicals i WAS ASKED by the doctor where my P.OE is and if i had relatives then i told him California and that i have friends there. Is this any problem ? can I still change P.O.E ? will I be asked during interview for my P.O.E ? please help me. Thanks

POE can be changed. A member told us here that he changed because his would be host ditched him at the last minute so even if he had earlier indicated another POE, he showed up at a different POE and explained to the officials there and it wasn't a problem. In addition to POE they need your address because that's where they'll send your green card.

POE can be changed. A member told us here that he changed because his would be host ditched him at the last minute so even if he had earlier indicated another POE, he showed up at a different POE and explained to the officials there and it wasn't a problem. In addition to POE they need your address because that's where they'll send your green card.

@Catchme ..... Thanks for the information. Blessing unto ya

Hi guys,

An affidavit is best to clarify that issue since the registry guys are not co-operating. Am surprised they are not of help yet I took mine back three times for correction and they did it. They mispelt the name and the area. But I think you should walk straight to the registrar's office and complain. That is a small mistake that can be corrected by that office.

@Catchme ..... Thanks for the information. Blessing unto ya

Does it matter if I filled N/A on my DS 230 form on the part which asks if you have anyone in the USA to stay with ??????? and now I have a P.O.E cos i finally found someone I could use the address

Does it matter if I filled N/A on my DS 230 form on the part which asks if you have anyone in the USA to stay with ??????? and now I have a P.O.E cos i finally found someone I could use the address

Given that u've already received ur interview notification,nothing much can be done right now.

Come to think of it,call the embassy handling ur case on the way forward since I highly doubt ur forms r still at KCC.

Just be sure to inform the CO the person ur going to stay with so that it can be entered on the form.

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guyz..Home at last ! i can see you have been keeping the forum alive...have a question..Is an an affidavit of support a requirement?

Hey Guyz..Home at last ! i can see you have been keeping the forum alive...have a question..Is an an affidavit of support a requirement?

Hi Paps,
It seems like members are not sure.The discussion has come up before and it left us in doubt whether or not to provide one. If you can get one then please do, i think it helps your case to have it.

Hi Paps,
It seems like members are not sure.The discussion has come up before and it left us in doubt whether or not to provide one. If you can get one then please do, i think it helps your case to have it.

Hi Papa,
Great to have you back....on the affidavit of support I personally do not think it would be necessary for now, unless they specifically ask for one but like catchme said; the house is not certain on it. How bout' we wait for kina Wankin to go for their interview and hopefully they shall advise :)

Wee! Karendi (Ka-Lady?), for me am confused on this issue of AOS. Do you know it's not that easy to get one? Anyway av a friend of mine who's in the embassy right now I hope he gonna give us something although he's a DV2012. His interview was supposed 2b yesterday but unfortunately, the embassy had not received his medical n' therefore was requested to get back today.

Request of information

I would like to know if there is a single woman who won DV lottery?
I want to know if a single woman having a baby will bring the same documents at the interview as single person.

I would like to know if there is a single woman who won DV lottery?
I want to know if a single woman having a baby will bring the same documents at the interview as single person.
Anyway for me am a "He". If a pregnant woman gives birth before the interview, her baby's case is considered special
and therefore If the applicant succeeds, the baby also succeeds and as a result the child gets a visa.:cool: