• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Obeezyb....vipi hali...nw hata sijui kama nikuite bro or siz...coz i fear ni offend anyone of my newly found family members.......anyway i c see u r keeping us all informed. thanks bana. really do appreciate

U r very welcome.

As to whether am a he/she,U decide,it doesn't really matter_ bottomline is that we help each other out.

About offending some/anyone,go ahead full steam,at least we'll have something to talk about:p

Subject doesn't matter at all. the format should be like this;
Case number: 2013AF0000000X
Principal Applicant: XXXXX Julius XXXXXX
Date of Birth; MM/DD/YYYY
RE:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And then yua request in few words.........................
, anyway didn't yu even get an email like this one here below?

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Please refer to the visa bulletin on our website at www.travel.state.gov after the 15th of each month to locate the current numbers being processed.

No I did not receive anything.

U r very welcome.

As to whether am a he/she,U decide,it doesn't really matter_ bottomline is that we help each other out.

About offending some/anyone,go ahead full steam,at least we'll have something to talk about:p

safi boss...haina shida....thx 4 inviting me kwa employment sector bt I gues lazima ni tarmac for sometime....ama...lol

all the best

Oooh ma God, finally I've got ma 2NL.
Thank to the most High.

Wank... Happy for you.... wishing you all the best as you begin or rather should i say as you continue with the process. All my prayers.. Keep us updated, all fingers/toes crossed for you.

Ash 2013,I beg to differ.

The above doc is meant for family sponsored immigrants & when I google "VISA INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS ",google's first pick will refer u to the following link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html .That however that not preclude anyone from being required to come up with a means of supporting himself/herself while in the US by the CO(afaik).For safe measure,be prepared to come up with one if required to do so.

For DV selectees,there's no mention of such a document_ref:http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html :all 4 pages do not mention anything regarding AOS documentation.Do note that they are not requiring any educational docs from non DV immigrants since its assumed that the petitioner will support them!!With regard to the DV,the petitioner in this case will be urself.

I think the reason they r not particularly insistent on AOS is ur DV qualifying criteria_which is work/education level.At least with either/both of these,one should be able to seek gainful employment & sustain onself and/or dependants.It is also highly unlikely that an immigrant would be so lazy such as to not seek employment/earn income since he/she would be deportable_ref #5:http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-5672.html

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?56176-What-do-you-do-if-you-become-homeless

Granted. But as I said, AOS is an option if you do not have any evidence of support at all from your country. The person you are going to live with can give you one. There is no instruction barring that. It's true DV guys are the petitioners but if some one has no evidence at all, then AOS can come in handy much as that person did not petition on your behalf. I believe that an ordinary letter promising to support you in the US might also work just like in visitor visa applications. But as you know, an Affidavit is a legal document compared to an ordinary letter. So DV guys are free to choose which ever evidence is within their disposal. It is better than going empty handed for the interviews.

Travel to the USA for 2 weeks to activate visa.

Hi everyone,
I am new in the forum but I find it very informative.
I am a 2012 DV winner and I got my visa already.However I am currently living in a foreign country and it will take me a while to clear before relocating.What I want to know is;
1.Can I travel to the USA together with my family for 2 weeks only and activate our visas and then come back and clear up a few things then relocate permanently in 4-5 months time?
2.How would I be able to travel back again to the USA as I doubt if I will have received my green card in two weeks time?Are there forms I need to fill or any re entry permit before leaving the USA?Or can the card be mailed to me by my host?
3.Will these have any negative implication in future in case I decide to apply for naturalization?
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
I am a 2012 DV winner and I got my visa already.However I am currently living in a foreign country and it will take me a while to clear before relocating.What I want to know is;
1.Can I travel to the USA together with my family for 2 weeks only and activate our visas and then come back and clear up a few things then relocate permanently in 4-5 months time?
2.How would I be able to travel back again to the USA as I doubt if I will have received my green card in two weeks time?Are there forms I need to fill or any re entry permit before leaving the USA?Or can the card be mailed to me by my host?
3.Will these have any negative implication in future in case I decide to apply for naturalization?
Thanks in advance.

Hae, all know is that when yu depart for US as a DV winner yu can't relocate before completion of five years in the US.

Granted. But as I said, AOS is an option if you do not have any evidence of support at all from your country. The person you are going to live with can give you one. There is no instruction barring that. It's true DV guys are the petitioners but if some one has no evidence at all, then AOS can come in handy much as that person did not petition on your behalf. I believe that an ordinary letter promising to support you in the US might also work just like in visitor visa applications. But as you know, an Affidavit is a legal document compared to an ordinary letter. So DV guys are free to choose which ever evidence is within their disposal. It is better than going empty handed for the interviews.

All i know is i need to have an affidavit of support and am gonna get it.I actually have two candidates vying to give it to us. Our future host who is also currently home in Ug and an uncle to hubby who is also currently visiting promised to give us one when we go for interviews. From the word go , i knew it was required, i may be wrong but if i have people willing to provide it i will take it.

All i know is i need to have an affidavit of support and am gonna get it.I actually have two candidates vying to give it to us. Our future host who is also currently home in Ug and an uncle to hubby who is also currently visiting promised to give us one when we go for interviews. From the word go , i knew it was required, i may be wrong but if i have people willing to provide it i will take it.

You are so lucky to have people knocking themselves off to give you their AOS. I tell you, there are many wishing they were in your shoes. It is better to be over prepared than be caught off guard.

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Yes you can travel then come back. However, it is not about activating your visa. It is about being entered in the US records officially as an immigrant. That includes getting your social security number and then your GC. What I know is that, people go get all the documents then you come back. As long as you do not exceed 6 months out of the US. If you are going away for more than 6 months, you apply officially for a re-entry permit. I know some one who is currently in Uganda. He just paid for the re-entry visa but he has not got it yet. He says he will get it in december after he does biometrics. Meaning he will fly back for the biometrics then come back to continue whatever he is doing. Right now he has travelled on the basis of the GC and he will enter the US again before 6 months elapse. I am not sure whether you will be able to re-enter the US when you have no GC if you decide to get out before processing. If you are seriously intending to relocate to the US, then getting your SSN and GC is more important than whatever you are doing in that foreign country. Meaning get the docs first then you can travel out freely.
If you travel frequently in and out as an immigrant, it can affect you in future. They will say you are not interested in settling in the US.

Thanks mate

Relax and take a deep breath, you're not the only selectee to have found himself/herself in a similar situation. Your birth certificate should always have your father's name, since you were born to him before you got married, right? :). So, apply for a new birth certificate with your maiden (father's last name). As for the police clearance certificate, it should be in your current last name (husband's surname) since you're applying for the clearance certificate after your marriage. Don't forge documents or manipulate them, such lies will eventually catch up and backfire.

If you can, I suggest you do a formal change of name, so that you have an additional legal document for your new last name (in addition to your marriage certificate - it wouldn't hurt to have that), and if you can't don't panic. You may want to consider getting a new passport using the new last name too.

Also go ahead and email KCC with regards to your change of name. Remember though to always use the last name listed on your notification anytime you contact KCC.

All the best!

Thanks for your time and contribution, much appreciated friend.

2nd nl

hey all am new in the site am a dv2013 winner my case no is 2013AF000522** WHEN DO U THINK MY SECOND NL WILL COME AND MY INTERVIEW DATE?

hey all am new in the site am a dv2013 winner my case no is 2013AF000522** WHEN DO U THINK MY SECOND NL WILL COME AND MY INTERVIEW DATE?

Congratulations & welcome;

given ur number,u will be current from around June 2013 & thus u should receive ur 2nd NL around that time.

Ur interview date will be mentioned in ur 2nd NL thus probably around June 2013 or later.

To get a better grip of how things r going on,just go thru the thread from the start;if u do get stuck,we'll assist:D

Cheers.