• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Thank you guys especially Wankin master Ash, Catchme and the rest for your prayers and encouragement,Tomorrow is the day..that the lord has made for me to go pick my visa!!i have a strong feeling that all is going to be well.Guys iam sorry have been offline for quite a long period of time i have had problems accessing net of late but thanks to Donmisty,dude been allowing me to access net he knws what i mean!!so the smart guys in suit i meet tomorrow my anser will be my AOS is from our homeboy Barrack himself so they should take a hike to hell and back on foot!!!!lol,i will see you guys again tomorrow plase keep me in your prayers and i belive we are gonna come out of this together stronger!!!!!

“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11: 22 onwards. The VISA Is yours go pick it!!!

1. It is advisable to visit the nearest SSN office and put in your application in person once you receive your GC. Usually, at the point of entry, they will ask you if you want them to apply for the SSN for you, and you will of course answer yes (like most newly landed immigrants have done in the past). But because of the huge bureaucratic practices involved with government offices, most immigrants end up waiting for a long time without receiving the SSN.

2. It depends on the individual involved. How quickly you're able to pass both the written and road tests (and vision exam) determines how soon you can be issued with a driver's license. Of course, this is also assuming you have a vehicle for the road test at your disposal. Your signature indicates Atlanta as your POE, this link provides more information regarding driver's license in Georgia:

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/Dldata.aspx?con=1740871758&ty=dl

3. Technically, the answer is No! You need your GC in order to apply for a SSN which you need to apply for employment.

Hey thankyou all for for the great answers pertaining my questions, but if i may ask it will take like 3 months to get the physical green card, does this means that i wont be able to get a gainful employment as i wait for this.
Am saying this coz am in it Technical field and we our certs are global , i send my CV at monster.com and have already got several job offers (3) including a call from Atlanta, asking when am available for immediate job offer..
i thought having a SSN should be enough + your passport

Hey thankyou all for for the great answers pertaining my questions, but if i may ask it will take like 3 months to get the physical green card, does this means that i wont be able to get a gainful employment as i wait for this.
Am saying this coz am in it Technical field and we our certs are global , i send my CV at monster.com and have already got several job offers (3) including a call from Atlanta, asking when am available for immediate job offer..
Wow Paps, thats great. I was told you do get some kind of temporary document while the GC is under process. Its amazing that you are getting offers already. My host gave us that same address and told us to apply and put his US address; if they called he would tell them we are yet to arrive. Lol. In my opinion, its only fair to yourself and the possible employer to do this if you have say a month to relocate. You don't want to keep people waiting for six months. But still am happy for you man. An offer in your line of work even before you have traveled is a real dream.

Thank you guys especially Wankin master Ash, Catchme and the rest for your prayers and encouragement,Tomorrow is the day..that the lord has made for me to go pick my visa!!i have a strong feeling that all is going to be well.Guys iam sorry have been offline for quite a long period of time i have had problems accessing net of late but thanks to Donmisty,dude been allowing me to access net he knws what i mean!!so the smart guys in suit i meet tomorrow my anser will be my AOS is from our homeboy Barrack himself so they should take a hike to hell and back on foot!!!!lol,i will see you guys again tomorrow plase keep me in your prayers and i belive we are gonna come out of this together stronger!!!!!
You will only be allowed to get in thru the first gate 30 mins prior to your interview time, so make sure to b there @ 6.00am. All the best

You are welcome Nesh. The visa is yours, go get it. Yes you can.

My idea of humble beginning would be to do the smallest job in my profession and then grow little by little. I think its much harder to start in another line and then make it back. Well, i guess am gonna have to pray about it.

Indeed, we need lots of prayers.

Well, the fact of the matter is there are no guarantees in life. yes, it's possible to continue along your current line of employment, but it's most likely not going to be automatic. It may take a while to get back along that line, you may have to apply your current skills to some other form of employment if you do not wish to become a burden/charge on your hosts.

If you're in the nursing profession and are desirous of continuing along that line, you will no doubt have to enroll an in academic institution to ensure that your training is at par within that profession, and yes, you will pay tuition and other fees for that. (Only Elementary, Junior High and High Schools are tuition free). You will not likely get employed as a nurse based on your current education and experience. Doctors and a couple of other professions go through the same process, I believe.

Doing odd jobs in order to make ends meet while trying to re-establish yourself is not a bad way to start in my opinion. (Again, this is my personal opinion). Oh yes, I flipped burgers :D when I initially moved to Europe to get started. I also worked as a Telemarketer when I first arrived in North America. I hated both jobs with a passion, but they paid my bills and enabled me to get started. They enabled me to independently establish myself (I didn't have any host family/friends to stay with). I know of an engineer that worked as a discount stores sales person (don't be deceived by the fancy title, it was a door to door sales job :eek:), pilots who worked as cab drivers and so on when they first arrived and are at the top of their original professions as of today.

Thanks for the info. Kindly highlight the issue of public schools vizaviz the area in which you live. Am told that if you live in some area, you have to go to the school in that area and not any other.

All the best Nesh. Victory is yours in Jesus name....waiting the good news.

This whole storm thing is kind of scary. My planned state is New Jersey. Now with this kind of weather, eeh! You get my drift!

Relax my dear....positive thoughts, positive thoughts...only entertain positive thoughts and all will be well.

wow wow this is a GREAT start i think will also start searching for Cisco jobs but lucky enough this is recognised world wide. Be patient Papasan the jobs are there waiting for us

Last edited by a moderator:

anything for you bro. :cool: u know i got your back. all the best kesho na usalimie huyo CO mwambie tutapatana na yeye sometime next year :D

so the smart guys in suit i meet tomorrow my anser will be my AOS is from our homeboy Barrack himself so they should take a hike to hell and back on foot!!!!lol
+10:):)

Good luck brother. We'll be praying for sho, and don't pull a Wankin on us boy.

He's on my speed dial unless he switches off his phone/diverts all calls/declines to answer:mad:.

If i were u,I wouldn't return to the forum for like a week until the suspense is almost running over:p

Last edited by a moderator:
He's on my speed dial unless he switches off his phone/diverts all calls/declines to answer:mad:.

If i were u,I wouldn't return to the forum for like a week until the suspense is almost running over:p

That's good Obeez. No suspense we need to know the outcome and the long version of the story too.

nesh we wish you all the best,but you will take less than 30min.afterwards update the house.
i will be heading there in two weeks time

hi guys,i have qsn,since most of the interviews are scheduled 6.30am and you should be at the gate 30min earlier,how do people make to that place at such timing especialy those residing outskirts of city,do we have pocket friendly guest houses in the soroundings pliz help

Shika hii nyahunyo!!!

Tomorrow 0630hrs ni turn yako kunyorosha hao ma CO wa American embassy.

Mzee1917 & Wank did us proud & now the onus is on u: Be sure to return the nyahunyo,mstari ya watakao itumia ni ndefu:p:p

All the best.

Congrats on those job offers. I hope one of them does pan out for you.

but if i may ask it will take like 3 months to get the physical green card

No, it shouldn't take up to 3 months before you receive the physical GC in the mail. Most people have received this within a month of arrival.

You will most likely receive the physical GC before the SSN

Technically, the answer is No! You need your GC in order to apply for a SSN which you need to apply for employment.

Notice I qualified the above earlier response with the word "Technically"? Meaning, there could be sometimes be exceptions.

Once you arrive, you can visit the nearest SSN office with your international passport (which should have some sort of stamp indicating your new status, I guess), and any other document given at the POE, and apply for the SSN. Prospective employers are required to E-Verify all potential employees to guard against their employing illegal immigrants, and a SSN is needed in order to do this. But once you're in the system, your potential employer may be able to verify your status.

After your arrival, if an offer is confirmed before you get your SSN, explain to your potential employer about your status and the steps you've taken. Most employers are quite accommodating and will be willing to work out something mutually beneficial to both parties.

hi guys,i have qsn,since most of the interviews are scheduled 6.30am and you should be at the gate 30min earlier,how do people make to that place at such timing especialy those residing outskirts of city,do we have pocket friendly guest houses in the soroundings pliz help

Good question man. We'll appreciate details on hotels/lodging as some of us reside outside Kenya. We need to know what you would recommend, prices etc