• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Thanks Minto for those details. Please post details of car types available to us and prices. I can see Obeez saying am getting ahead of my self (lol) but hey i have even looked at houses for sale and i have decided i may just have to rent. Buying is too expensive, i have even looked at some sites on the net for jobs.
Please also advise on which states in the US would you recommend.
Thanks in advance.

Please post details of car types available to us and prices.
I've done that already........

I can see Obeez saying am getting ahead of my self (lol)
yep..u really walked into this one:p:p

but hey i have even looked at houses for sale and i have decided i may just have to rent.
for know until u r set.

Buying is too expensive, i have even looked at some sites on the net for jobs.
what did u find?

Please also advise on which states in the US would you recommend.
hmmm...let me see...Alaska it is:cool::cool:

Catchme,I cooked up a lil sumthin sumthin for u..:p:p

2012 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid - :$71,450 - $82,872.
2012 BMW 7-Series Hybrid - $97,000 - $101,000.
2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Hybrid - $91,850 - $91,850.
2010 Hummer H3 - $33,390 - $41,705.
2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport - $60,045 - $75,245.
2012 Volkswagen Beetle - $18,995 - $29,095(apple green)
2012 Audi Q7 - $46,250 - $59,950(my favorite).
2012 Lamborghini Aventador - $338,400 - $338,400

ITS A BEAUTIFUL LIFE :cool::cool:

Curious just like me, lol! have browsed about housing (The houses have inbuilt fridge, oven, microwave, Ac, laundry etc) this will make life easy for us :cool: and schools for the young ones.

Curious just like me, lol! have browsed about housing (The houses have inbuilt fridge, oven, microwave, Ac, laundry etc)
was the rent like $2k p.m.?

and schools for the young ones.
not yet there,coming soon.:cool:

for know until u r set.

what did u find?

Obeez, dont the have toyota? Lol.

Hallo Ladies & Gentlemen,

It is great to read all the posts on this forum. They are very educative and encouraging. Kindly bear with my schedule, I travel a lot (At the moment am in Afghanistan on a three week assignment), and may not have time to contribute as often as possible but I always log in about twice or thrice a week to get updates. Am really part of you. I have 2 questions and I request your help to answer them;

1. On form 230 (The one for my entire family and myself, I just noticed that I did not answer one of the questions where I am supposed to tick a "NO" for all the forms - Question 40 (e), for all the forms). What do I do? I find it very minor to send a correction especially since all the other questions are NO. I am thinking of just letting it stay then when am asked by CO during the interview I will say it was an oversight (which actually it was). I may be wrong hence I need your advice.

2. I work for an International NGO headquartered in the USA (I got the job in July this year, about a month after I sent the forms). We normally have Annual Leadership Summit in The Headquarters for all the leaders in the field in mid may for one week. Now I already have the invitation for this summit next year. I am supposed to apply for a non-immigrant visa, yet am already on the DV Visa. I have never been to USA and I indicated that in form DS 230. How do I go about this? Do I say I am in process for the DV Visa when I will be applying for Non-immigrant visa? When I will go for the interview for the DV visa next year most likely July (see my case number), and I originally indicated I had never visited USA (which was true), but the CO sees a US Visa on my passport. The whole thing is confusing me how to go about it. Please Help guys.

Thank you.

for know until u r set.

what did u find?

Oh Obeez, i just googled cars for sale in the state i hope to move to and the prices are from as low at $600 for a jeep grand Cherokee. I must say am impressed man.

@ fomogho i think you should read the previous poss and you will learn lots about the medical experience .. all questions answered
i also think we should not expect too much on the other side ,,its good to be optimistic but it all depends on your host and your perception..
i would wish to settle as soon as possible coz am used to having ma space meaning i will work extra hard to move out asap..
i would want to know how long it takes to get a ssn and will it be possibke for me to work without waiting for the tht GC

i would want to know how long it takes to get a ssn and will it be possible for me to work without waiting for the tht GC
2 weeks..

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php/62601-How-long-does-it-take-to-get-an-SSN

i would want to know how long it takes to get a ssn and will it be possible for me to work without waiting for the that GC
yes it's possible..online jobs,babysitting & jobs along those lines.

Obeez, dont the have toyota? Lol.

Noooo..Toyotas r for Kenya(the car infront of u is always a Toyota...their ad):u need to make a statement(LOUD N CLEAR) that u r in the U.S.A with a vehicle commensurate with ur new found status:p:p.A big muscle vehicle like a hummer or an escalade drives the point home.

Hallo Ladies & Gentlemen,

It is great to read all the posts on this forum. They are very educative and encouraging. Kindly bear with my schedule, I travel a lot (At the moment am in Afghanistan on a three week assignment), and may not have time to contribute as often as possible but I always log in about twice or thrice a week to get updates. Am really part of you. I have 2 questions and I request your help to answer them;

1. On form 230 (The one for my entire family and myself, I just noticed that I did not answer one of the questions where I am supposed to tick a "NO" for all the forms - Question 40 (e), for all the forms). What do I do? I find it very minor to send a correction especially since all the other questions are NO. I am thinking of just letting it stay then when am asked by CO during the interview I will say it was an oversight (which actually it was). I may be wrong hence I need your advice.

2. I work for an International NGO headquartered in the USA (I got the job in July this year, about a month after I sent the forms). We normally have Annual Leadership Summit in The Headquarters for all the leaders in the field in mid may for one week. Now I already have the invitation for this summit next year. I am supposed to apply for a non-immigrant visa, yet am already on the DV Visa. I have never been to USA and I indicated that in form DS 230. How do I go about this? Do I say I am in process for the DV Visa when I will be applying for Non-immigrant visa? When I will go for the interview for the DV visa next year most likely July (see my case number), and I originally indicated I had never visited USA (which was true), but the CO sees a US Visa on my passport. The whole thing is confusing me how to go about it. Please Help guys.

Thank you.

It is great to read all the posts on this forum. They are very educative and encouraging. Kindly bear with my schedule, I travel a lot (At the moment am in Afghanistan on a three week assignment), and may not have time to contribute as often as possible but I always log in about twice or thrice a week to get updates. Am really part of you.
yep..1 big happy family,aint that right folks,back me up on this one...:D

40. United States laws governing the issuance of visas require each applicant to state whether or not he or she is a member of any class of
individuals excluded from admission into the United States. The excludable classes are described below in general terms. You should
read carefully the following list and answer Yes or No to each category. The answers you give will assist the consular officer to reach a
decision on your eligibility to receive a visa.
.I would rather u fill in the affected page(s) & email them with a cover letter regarding ur issue.

What do I do? I find it very minor to send a correction especially since all the other questions are NO
It would be assumptive that the CO will agree with ur view.If(GOD forbid) someone malicious were to come by ur docs & check the YES boxes(devil's advocate):mad: .Also according to the FAM notes,the CO has to ensure that the doc is duly filled.

9 FAM 42.62 PN4 FUNCTIONS PRELIMINARY TO INTERVIEW

9 FAM 42.62 PN4.1 Initial Duties of Document Checker

(CT:VISA-1464; 08-09-2010)
When the applicant presents the documents, the post must check the documents for completeness and legibility. The document checker should ensure each question on Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, or Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, has been answered. If a question does not apply, posts should write “not applicable” or “NA” in the space for the answer. (For example, some questions do not apply to small children. Posts should not use dashes or Xs (except when marking "yes-no" boxes). If Form DS-230 is illegible or incomplete, the document checker must return it to the applicant for completion or give the applicant a new form to be completed legibly. If Form DS-260 is incomplete, the document checker must reopen the application via the “Reopen DS-260” button at the top of the online IV application report and direct the applicant to log back onto the Consular Electronic Application Center and complete the missing information. If necessary, the document checker may assist the applicant in completing the application.

I am thinking of just letting it stay then when am asked by CO during the interview I will say it was an oversight (which actually it was)
I would like u to treat this as a cross exam in court by the opponent's lawyer.Giving the CO the opportunity to come up with more queries wouldn't be a good idea coz the more u talk,the higher the probability u will say something untoward.

2. I work for an International NGO headquartered in the USA (I got the job in July this year, about a month after I sent the forms). We normally have Annual Leadership Summit in The Headquarters for all the leaders in the field in mid may for one week. Now I already have the invitation for this summit next year. I am supposed to apply for a non-immigrant visa, yet am already on the DV Visa. I have never been to USA and I indicated that in form DS 230. How do I go about this? Do I say I am in process for the DV Visa when I will be applying for Non-immigrant visa?
Since its work related,the employer should make the necessary arrangements & vouch for u.

Do I say I am in process for the DV Visa when I will be applying for Non-immigrant visa?
the truth should suffice.

When I will go for the interview for the DV visa next year most likely July (see my case number), and I originally indicated I had never visited USA (which was true), but the CO sees a US Visa on my passport.
on the DS-230 form,#35 will redeem u since it is dated then.On the other hand,refilling that page(subsequent to ur US visit) & emailing it to KCC would bury this issue:).

All the best..

Last edited by a moderator:
Obeezyb

Thanks for your comprehensive response. When you say I email, do you mean I scan the forms and email? Is that acceptable by KCC? If yes, I will do that immediately, if no, until I return to Kenya.

On another note, is it true that if I won DV lottery my spouse can enter again for 2014? I saw some post in this forum alluding to that.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

ronnyblessed

Obeezyb

Thanks for your comprehensive response. When you say I email, do you mean I scan the forms and email? Is that acceptable by KCC? If yes, I will do that immediately, if no, until I return to Kenya.

On another note, is it true that if I won DV lottery my spouse can enter again for 2014? I saw some post in this forum alluding to that.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

ronnyblessed

Thanks for your comprehensive response.
U r most welcome:)

When you say I email, do you mean I scan the forms and email?
Yes...(KCCDV@state.gov)

Is that acceptable by KCC?
Yes..
You may correspond with KCC using email or any form of mail delivery, including DHL, FedEx, UPS, Express, and USPS...this was their reply to my query back in July.
.who likes paperwork:mad: (e-forms r the future :))...u may even use smoke signals.:D:D:D

If yes, I will do that immediately
y not..delivery is instantenous & receipt confirmation immediate:)

if no, until I return to Kenya.
at least ur pocket won't be lighter:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets talk about dating , whites ?? african american?? for some of us who might look for loooove on the other side,...culture clashes??