• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Cooooooooooongs Solwach. Am so happy for you guys. I wish you all the best.
sorry guys for keeping you in the dark for long,

its good news, visas granted. it was 1 minute interview.
CO: What are you currently doing?
ME: Answered my occupation
CO: Are those your biological children?
ME: Yes.
CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper
ME: Thank you very much.
NOTE: My wife was not asked any question. it was very brief.
To God be the glory, thank you for your prayers.

CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper

Solwach, I understand they give out the qualifications sheet for people to read before the interviews, what did they give you as a Ugandan, is it the same KSCE thing or selectees from other countries are given a different one. Otherwise what is the minimum for Ugandans?

I posted some advise on this earlier on this forum. For those of you from Uganda, please go to the Immigration Department at Port Bell (Luzira) and apply for a temporary travel permit, this will allow you to travel back and forth while your passport is with the embassy. You have 2 options;

1 - If travelling by road, the permit costs UGX 5,000 OR 2 - If travelling by air, the permit costs UGX 30,000.

So instead of staying in Nairobi, you can do what I did, which was bring the rest of my family back immediately after the interview, then only I went back when it was time to collect the documents.

However, if you are already in Nairobi, then go to the UG embassy in Uganda House, (I think that is on Kenyatta Avenue) and process the temporary travel permit from there, which will enable you to come home as you wait for your passport.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
Uganda1, how did you cross back to Uganda after the interviews without your passport. I have a family of four and in case our visas are approved, I can not maintain them in a hotel for all that long when waiting for the passports at DHL outlet. Advice
You're in a hotel? Gees, we had an apartment. Very nice and homely. Those days are too many to stay in a hotel with kids moreover.

I posted some advise on this earlier on this forum. For those of you from Uganda, please go to the Immigration Department at Port Bell (Luzira) and apply for a temporary travel permit, this will allow you to travel back and forth while your passport is with the embassy. You have 2 options;

1 - If travelling by road, the permit costs UGX 5,000 OR 2 - If travelling by air, the permit costs UGX 30,000.

So instead of staying in Nairobi, you can do what I did, which was bring the rest of my family back immediately after the interview, then only I went back when it was time to collect the documents.

However, if you are already in Nairobi, then go to the UG embassy in Uganda House, (I think that is on Kenyatta Avenue) and process the temporary travel permit from there, which will enable you to come home as you wait for your passport.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
Uganda1, how did you cross back to Uganda after the interviews without your passport. I have a family of four and in case our visas are approved, I can not maintain them in a hotel for all that long when waiting for the passports at DHL outlet. Advice
You're in a hotel? Gees, we had an apartment. Very nice and homely. Those days are too many to stay in a hotel with kids moreover.
Dear Uganda1, thank you so much for the info. We shall act accordingly.

New 2014 guys register, below is the link to the East African spread sheet for 2014 selectees:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

I have also added a column for the month and year when any one is expecting the interview according to the previous bulletins, open and fill so that we can be able to track. The names are arranged in such a way that interview months are running from top bottom.
This was suggested by JONGE and I agree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Solomon, it was just the other day when you were really having butterflies on whether you'll be granted that VISA and now you have it. I take this opportunity to Congratulate you and your family. I wish you a smooth transition to the US.

Sm1smom,
Are you sure they can get the citizenship after it is granted?

Some Nigerian man did the same and when he was at his home country trying to do the same for his son he was asked questions as to why he lied in the first place so in the midst of the conversation with the CO he realised that he has fried himself terribly so he backed off and went home. the day came when he was going back to US when he reached the US he was denied entry reason the home office had informed the US that he lied so immediately he got back to Nigeria but he was advised by friends to go Canada since GC people can enter Canada freely before Canada is informed of him since he had his card he got a flight to Canada where he got his way and he is living happily there.

So it is very possible that they will revoke his Citizenship

Congratulations and welcome to America ...

New 2014 guys register, below is the link to the East African spread sheet for 2014 selectees:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

I have also added a column for the month and year when any one is expecting the interview according to the previous bulletins, open and fill so that we can be able to track. The names are arranged in such a way that interview months are running from top bottom.
Fabian .T from DRC Congo, welcome to the house, I can see you added your name on the spread sheet. Register too here on the forum by clicking the word 'join today at the top of this page.

Hey Solomon, it was just the other day when you were really having butterflies on whether you'll be granted that VISA and now you have it. I take this opportunity to Congratulate you and your family. I wish you a smooth transition to the US.

hahhahahaha thanks Makiki, am welcome to US indeed, need to throw some party in texas for forumates, be sure will be there.
am booking flight for 9th September, God bless you.

Solwach, I understand they give out the qualifications sheet for people to read before the interviews, what did they give you as a Ugandan, is it the same KSCE thing or selectees from other countries are given a different one. Otherwise what is the minimum for Ugandans?

yes I was given the paper and it shows 3rd grade for Ugandans as minimum.

Good work Family 2133 cheers

Today's devotion

Jeremiah 31:3,
He says, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have DRAWN you.”
We read of a loving God gently drawing His people to Himself.May we always respond to God’s gently drawing as He seeks to guide us, and to bring us into a closer relationship with Himself.

Amen to that

Today's devotion

Jeremiah 31:3,
He says, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have DRAWN you.”
We read of a loving God gently drawing His people to Himself.May we always respond to God’s gently drawing as He seeks to guide us, and to bring us into a closer relationship with Himself.

Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
yes I was given the paper and it shows 3rd grade for Ugandans as minimum.
Oh no this has knocked down my hope, because mine is a 4th grade even though I passed six subjects out of the ten sat for, I thought that they gauge according to the number of subjects passed. I do not know whether I can combine my 4th grade with the one year certificate in IT, and considering that I am doing a Diploma in IT right now. Advice.
Otherwise am thinking of backing off and wait next time when I will have finished my diploma and probably started on Bachelors.