• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

If there is any Ugandan out there who has ever passed the interview with Div 4 at O-level, post your experience dear.

Oh no this has knocked down my hope, because mine is a 4th grade even though I passed six subjects out of the ten sat for, I thought that they gauge according to the number of subjects passed. I do not know whether I can combine my 4th grade with the one year certificate in IT, and considering that I am doing a Diploma in IT right now. Advice.
Otherwise am thinking of backing off and wait next time when I will have finished my diploma and probably started on Bachelors.

I think you should still persue it if you passed above 5 subjects. let your fate be decided by the CO.
trust in God and you need to re-read Makiki's experience on this forum.

sorry guys for keeping you in the dark for long,

its good news, visas granted. it was 1 minute interview.
CO: What are you currently doing?
ME: Answered my occupation
CO: Are those your biological children?
ME: Yes.
CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper
ME: Thank you very much.
NOTE: My wife was not asked any question. it was very brief.
To God be the glory, thank you for your prayers.

Conglats... To GOD be the glory.

I posted some advise on this earlier on this forum. For those of you from Uganda, please go to the Immigration Department at Port Bell (Luzira) and apply for a temporary travel permit, this will allow you to travel back and forth while your passport is with the embassy. You have 2 options;

1 - If travelling by road, the permit costs UGX 5,000 OR 2 - If travelling by air, the permit costs UGX 30,000.

So instead of staying in Nairobi, you can do what I did, which was bring the rest of my family back immediately after the interview, then only I went back when it was time to collect the documents.

However, if you are already in Nairobi, then go to the UG embassy in Uganda House, (I think that is on Kenyatta Avenue) and process the temporary travel permit from there, which will enable you to come home as you wait for your passport.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Family2133 View Post
Uganda1, how did you cross back to Uganda after the interviews without your passport. I have a family of four and in case our visas are approved, I can not maintain them in a hotel for all that long when waiting for the passports at DHL outlet. Advice
You're in a hotel? Gees, we had an apartment. Very nice and homely. Those days are too many to stay in a hotel with kids moreover.

This is very true,
since the embassy delayed my passport, i had to take a temporary permit in kenya to travel to Rwanda via road thru Uganda. Permit is valid for 1year to travel within East Africa and it costs only Ksh 300.
All EA countries have it i believe.

Today's Devotion

Guys going for interview
Psalms 27:14 “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” God says in Isaiah 40:31 that He shall renew our strength if we wait on HIM. Friend, I pray that God will grant you wisdom to wait on HIM and an anointing to diligently seek HIM. I pray that HE will release a passion in you to persistently wait on HIM. I pray that The Almighty God will sweeten your waiting time and that HE will visit you in a special way in Jesus Faithful Name, Amen. Friend, wait, I say, on the LORD.

Re-tweeted by pekindu

This is very true,
since the embassy delayed my passport, i had to take a temporary permit in kenya to travel to Rwanda via road thru Uganda. Permit is valid for 1year to travel within East Africa and it costs only Ksh 300.
All EA countries have it i believe.
Pekindu, in box me your FB link

My brother solwach congrats,will be behind you to the us.I can see your question is well answered by the members all the best.

sorry guys for keeping you in the dark for long,

its good news, visas granted. it was 1 minute interview.
CO: What are you currently doing?
ME: Answered my occupation
CO: Are those your biological children?
ME: Yes.
CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper
ME: Thank you very much.
NOTE: My wife was not asked any question. it was very brief.
To God be the glory, thank you for your prayers.

Congrats to u and family

Today's devotion

Jeremiah 31:3,
He says, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have DRAWN you.”
We read of a loving God gently drawing His people to Himself.May we always respond to God’s gently drawing as He seeks to guide us, and to bring us into a closer relationship with Himself.
Amen and thanks

KCC Confirmation

Dear friends,

I seek advice from you:
My CN is AF00021***
I sent DS forms on 24th May 2013 and KCC withdrawn them from DHL on 28th May.
The problem is that I have not received the confirmation by KCC. what should I do?
Is this normal?

KCC confirmation

Dear friends,

I seek advice from you:
My CN is AF00021***
The problem is that I have not received the confirmation by KCC. what should I do?
Is this normal?

Yes it's Normal and I want to tell you that KCC will never notify you the reception of the forms , if you want please write to them inquiring the reception but you ve to mention your names , birth date( mm/dd/yy) , and your case number. you ll get the answer in one week.
Dear friends,

I seek advice from you:
My CN is AF00021***
Is this normal?