• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Oh no this has knocked down my hope, because mine is a 4th grade even though I passed six subjects out of the ten sat for, I thought that they gauge according to the number of subjects passed. I do not know whether I can combine my 4th grade with the one year certificate in IT, and considering that I am doing a Diploma in IT right now. Advice.
Otherwise am thinking of backing off and wait next time when I will have finished my diploma and probably started on Bachelors.

Family,please do not back off because its not every year you get selected,trust in God and take this to the end,God bless you.

Some Nigerian man did the same and when he was at his home country trying to do the same for his son he was asked questions as to why he lied in the first place so in the midst of the conversation with the CO he realised that he has fried himself terribly so he backed off and went home. the day came when he was going back to US when he reached the US he was denied entry reason the home office had informed the US that he lied so immediately he got back to Nigeria but he was advised by friends to go Canada since GC people can enter Canada freely before Canada is informed of him since he had his card he got a flight to Canada where he got his way and he is living happily there.

So it is very possible that they will revoke his Citizenship
Am happy that this topic has come up, i remember when the CO asked me about my son, if i had lied that i didnt have a son it would have been a husstle to bring him here since he is in the Embassy records it will be a childs play to organise for him to come .. i dont regret what i did , i told God if i would nbe denied visa for telling the truth about my blood so be it..

Thanks Partitas, I will try my luck. Let me leave everything in the hands of the Almighty
you are welcome,read page 107 and see that with God its all possible,you are not alone,with a c minuc instead of c plain I will confidently face the CO .November isn't far.i hope you are getting ready.

Oh no this has knocked down my hope, because mine is a 4th grade even though I passed six subjects out of the ten sat for, I thought that they gauge according to the number of subjects passed. I do not know whether I can combine my 4th grade with the one year certificate in IT, and considering that I am doing a Diploma in IT right now. Advice.
Otherwise am thinking of backing off and wait next time when I will have finished my diploma and probably started on Bachelors.

What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Where is your faith Family 2133 ."Fear not" -God is saying reject fear.:)

Today's Devotion

Every great achievement was once considered impossible.

In Psalm 62:8 we read, “Trust in Him at all times you people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us”. It has been well said that when one is going through difficult times it is easy to start questioning God’s character, asking ourselves, “Does God know how I feel: Does He care”? The only way to counteract this negative thinking is to fill our minds with what the Scripture tells us about God’s character; that He does understand, He know exactly how we feel and He is there to help.

Alert

DV 2014

I would like to request guys going for medical to go for early check up especially if you had pneumonia, TB or any ailments to avoid refusal or being put on Ap. This is a request from a friend who is dear to me, requested that I post this.
Medical examination
Another common reason for the refusal of an immigrant visa case is the applicant's failure to complete medical examination prior to the Immigrant visa interview. if you have any of the above problem it can be handled within two months by taking medicine. All the best.

What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Where is your faith Family 2133 ."Fear not" -God is saying reject fear.:)
Nick am a believer and God has fought so many battles for me but on this one I do not know why I have that fear. I need prayers Nick, pray for me to go through this successfully.

Today's Devotion

Every great achievement was once considered impossible.

In Psalm 62:8 we read, “Trust in Him at all times you people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us”. It has been well said that when one is going through difficult times it is easy to start questioning God’s character, asking ourselves, “Does God know how I feel: Does He care”? The only way to counteract this negative thinking is to fill our minds with what the Scripture tells us about God’s character; that He does understand, He know exactly how we feel and He is there to help.
Thanks Nick, this is raising my hope.

Alert

DV 2014

I would like to request guys going for medical to go for early check up especially if you had pneumonia, TB or any ailments to avoid refusal or being put on Ap. This is a request from a friend who is dear to me, requested that I post this.
Medical examination
Another common reason for the refusal of an immigrant visa case is the applicant's failure to complete medical examination prior to the Immigrant visa interview. if you have any of the above problem it can be handled within two months by taking medicine. All the best.
Nick post this more clearly because I have that problem, my kids have had pneumonia cases some time back. Can't they allow some one to do the interview while still under medical investigations instead of rescheduling the appointment. That is in case they have discovered a medical problem which need s some time to investigate.
Another thing that am looking at is the validity of the medical examination results, if I go early, it may expire before I get enough preparations for my travel(that is if am granted).

Nick post this more clearly because I have that problem, my kids have had pneumonia cases some time back. Can't they allow some one to do the interview while still under medical investigations instead of rescheduling the appointment. That is in case they have discovered a medical problem which need s some time to investigate.
Another thing that am looking at is the validity of the medical examination results, if I go early, it may expire before I get enough preparations for my travel(that is if am granted).[/QU

Its a very tricky situation you have to understand that Visa issuance date ends in sep 30th, id rather medicals expire and be interviewed as i await to re-do medicals than not doing the medicals early. We have less than 7 weeks to go to the last day of visa issuance so if you get an abnormal scan am sorry i guess thats the end..in my opinion

Another thing that am looking at is the validity of the medical examination results, if I go early, it may expire before I get enough preparations for my travel(that is if am granted).[/QU

Its a very tricky situation you have to understand that Visa issuance date ends in sep 30th, id rather medicals expire and be interviewed as i await to re-do medicals than not doing the medicals early. We have less than 7 weeks to go to the last day of visa issuance so if you get an abnormal scan am sorry i guess thats the end..in my opinion

Thanks Papasan, mine is a 2014 case and I expect my interview in November this year according to my case number and previous Visa bulletins. How can you advise me in that case.

Hi guys,

My interview was scheduled for today at 8am and so we were there bright and early, went through the usual security checks,
paid the visa fees only to be told that some of my documents have not been sent from Washington and that i have to come
back later when the documents are there.

My medical results were there and so was my form that i had sent to KCC. Am literally at a loss on what document they were
talking about. They said when my name was keyed in there was no response.

On a positive, they said they would call me and inform me on the interview date they will allocate me.

Guys pray for me!
Clama, have they called you yet, if not, read the information in these links, your case could be related to Security Advisory Opinion(SAO)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

http://www.studentaffairs.cmu.edu/oie/forstu/pdf/tal-students.pdf

Another thing that am looking at is the validity of the medical examination results, if I go early, it may expire before I get enough preparations for my travel(that is if am granted).

Visiting a physician/your doctor to see if there is any trace of pneumonia or TB so that when you go for medical you are clean, that's what i meant.

Today's Devotion

Celebration

My Friend, You will be celebrated when it is all said and done. You will be envied because of what God will do for you. Your mourning will turn into laughter and dancing will be in your home once again. Like a city set on a hill, you will be recognized. Like salt, you will not lose your relevance and you will add taste wherever you are. You will be rebuilt for favor, for dignity and for wisdom in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Dear team,
I have two questions where I request for your help
1. Does the expiry date at the top of the DS forms matter, I realized that by the time I sent my forms, the expiry date was March 2013 but they have now put a form which expires in 2016
2. When I was filling the forms, I used to type the answers and then printed. When it came to signing, one dependent made a mistake when signing form DS 230 part I, we decided fill and print another copy but the printer failed, so what we did, we included that page with an error and also got another blank but same page and filled it in Ink.
summary
1.The forms I used had expired.
2.Form DS 230 for one of my dependents went with two copies of page 2, one copy filled in computer and printed but with an error on the date when form signed and the other copy filled in ink but without any error

Colleagues will this cause me any problem, do I need to send other forms to rectify the above two problems.