• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

They may never get to change it unless they say they want to adopt him. sm1smom will help us here

Just like Makiki rightly answered, nothing short of an adoption process can pave the way to their getting a GC for the kid. The adoption process itself is not even straight forward, they may need to work with an immigration lawyer to pull it off.

They cannot petition GC for him through F2A (family based GC process), for if they do, they run the risk of losing their GC (at least the principal applicant) they will be accused of fraudulently obtaining the GC by not listing him on their original application.

A major mistake on that family's part, I'm afraid!

oh no another expense! wanataka za the principal applicant ama mpaka za the beneficiaries

Educational certificates are only required from the principal applicant. That;s what I know to the best of knowledge, information and belief

Just like Makiki rightly answered, nothing short of an adoption process can pave the way to their getting a GC for the kid. The adoption process itself is not even straight forward, they may need to work with an immigration lawyer to pull it off.

They cannot petition GC for him through F2A (family based GC process), for if they do, they run the risk of losing their GC (at least the principal applicant) they will be accused of fraudulently obtaining the GC by not listing him on their original application.

A major mistake on that family's part, I'm afraid!

Thanks guys. I also thought it's a toll order, i doubt there's a way out apart for maybe waiting 5years, when they become citizens then they claim him. Very sad indeed

Thanks guys. I also thought it's a toll order, i doubt there's a way out apart for maybe waiting 5years, when they become citizens then they claim him. Very sad indeed

Trying to claiming him after they become citizens could still trigger a check that could lead to deportation - but if they're fortunate and USCIS does not do a thorough check of how come he did not get his GC when the rest of the family did, then they may be able to file for him. If they check and they find out he wasn't listed on the GC application when the requirement was for him to have been listed, it will citizeship could be revoked.

Bottom line is that family need to talk to an immigration lawyer.

whatever is making Obeez and Solwach to disappear into thin air is best known to them, God and the devil

sorry guys for keeping you in the dark for long,

its good news, visas granted. it was 1 minute interview.
CO: What are you currently doing?
ME: Answered my occupation
CO: Are those your biological children?
ME: Yes.
CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper
ME: Thank you very much.
NOTE: My wife was not asked any question. it was very brief.
To God be the glory, thank you for your prayers.

how long does it usually take to get the passports from DHL after interview?
am stuck in Nairobi, I cant travel back with family without the passports.

sorry guys for keeping you in the dark for long,

its good news, visas granted. it was 1 minute interview.
CO: What are you currently doing?
ME: Answered my occupation
CO: Are those your biological children?
ME: Yes.
CO: Your paper seems to be ok, congratulations, register with DHL to pick up your passports, gave me green paper & uscis paper
ME: Thank you very much.
NOTE: My wife was not asked any question. it was very brief.
To God be the glory, thank you for your prayers.

congratulations. I am happy for you. Obeez just disappeared

Sm1smom,
Are you sure they can get the citizenship after it is granted?

Trying to claiming him after they become citizens could still trigger a check that could lead to deportation - but if they're fortunate and USCIS does not do a thorough check of how come he did not get his GC when the rest of the family did, then they may be able to file for him. If they check and they find out he wasn't listed on the GC application when the requirement was for him to have been listed, it will citizeship could be revoked.

Bottom line is that family need to talk to an immigration lawyer.

how long does it usually take to get the passports from DHL after interview?
am stuck in Nairobi, I cant travel back with family without the passports.
From past posts, it takes a week to get your passport with visa and other sealed docs from the DHL point you selected. Have you ever met Obeez?