• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Originally Posted by wankinmaster
Hae Ladies & Gentlemen,
Wankinmaster here again wid a problem. Help me solve it.
My wife used my name instead of her father's name-Maiden name(family name at birth) on Q #2(Other names or alias -If married give maiden name) DSP-230 Part I, can I email the Embassy to change the name for me, or wat should I do?

my wife made the same mistake so i am really waiting for this answer....

(IMHO)It is not wrong per se for ur spouse to state her family name is ur name since she is married to u & has adopted ur name in the process & thus her identity is tied to urs(since she's "your family").Come to think of it,how do her names appear on her PP,marriage cert & ID?

It is an assumption that women will change their names after marriage(patriarchal society);perhaps in some cultures,the men adopt the woman's family name which would make query #2 "odd".

thanks the almighty jah for everything, thanks for every step we have passed successfully on these dv processes after we got selected out of millions, we thank you for connecting us thru this forum which to us is like a bluetooth, we ask you to help n to be wid us for the remaining steps.
We can't forget all those members current on oct & nov who're waiting for their interviews. We mostly put those that participate on this thread at your humble hands, god i assure that we gonna give more thanx and to you, we pray for your help to those current on oct to have a successful interview and visa pick ups in order to open a way to the fellow members in a successful way. You said knock the door and it shall open, now that we're knockin', may you kindly open for we....amen

amen

Hae Ladies & Gentlemen,
Wankinmaster here again wid a problem. Help me solve it.
My wife used my name instead of her father's name-Maiden name(family name at birth) on Q #2(Other names or alias -If married give maiden name) DSP-230 Part I, can I email the Embassy to change the name for me, or wat should I do?

My wife used my name instead of her father's name-Maiden name(family name at birth) on Q #2
(IMHO)Your family name may as well be her family name since she is now ur family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_name

can I email the Embassy to change the name for me
The Embassy cannot alter anything on your documents

wat should I do?
U have 2 optinos;
1;wait it out & explain it to them during the interview(IF ASKED)
2;email a corrected copy to them.

Hi guys,preparing for my medicals now,hope to do them in Msa,i have a little query though,my sir name,as appears in my national ID,school transcripts,marriage cert,passport and even in my Interview letter,doesnt appear in my birth cert,in my birth cert,my dads name isnt as in the other certs,please advise as the same issue almost brought confusion while applying for my passport,i had to sent my high school certs to verify the name,what should i do to avoid being put in document identification AP during interview?convince the CO that we dont use family name or that the cert was tht way i dont know why or get a lawyer to write for me an affidavit?how long will it take?

Good Morning!
If there is someone who know how an affidavit look like
(affidavit sample) or format
could you please show me.
my name has been misspelled on my high school diploma.
thank you.

Thanks the almighty Jah for everything, thanks for every step we have passed successfully on these Dv processes after we got selected out of millions, we thank you for connecting us thru this forum which to us is like a bluetooth, We ask you to help n to be wid us for the remaining steps.
We can't forget all those members current on Oct & Nov who're waiting for their interviews. We mostly put those that participate on this thread at your Humble hands, God I assure that we gonna give more thanx and to You, we pray for your help to those current on Oct to have a successful interview and visa pick ups in order to open a way to the fellow members in a successful way. You said Knock the door and it shall open, now that we're knockin', May You kindly open for we....Amen

Amen. Amen.

Good Morning!
If there is someone who know how an affidavit look like
(affidavit sample) or format
could you please show me.
my name has been misspelled on my high school diploma.
thank you.
Good afternoon,just from making one,it took me just 15 mins in a lawyersoffice and bargained from 500 to 300,its just a letter from any commissioner for oaths

Affidavit of name change

Hi members,
Hope u r all well,just from the lawyer to get an affidavit coz of my names.my surname is nor in my birth cert...i have done it in 15mins in a commissioner of oaths office at a cost of 300 shs,it includes all my other info like school certs,marriage cert n passports to show its one and same person

Hi guys,
Its been long...well, on this grading system storo; I have some rather bad news. Know someone who was denied visa due to a poor grade in MATHS, yeah. Also, the fact that he did electrical (diploma) in college but ended up working in admin (joblessness)
This happened just last wekk.
Lets keep praying for each other. Baraka
I was a realdummy in maths i scored a C- though average grade i got a B+,prayers more and more!!!aiya!!

Hi members,
Hope u r all well,just from the lawyer to get an affidavit coz of my names.my surname is nor in my birth cert...i have done it in 15mins in a commissioner of oaths office at a cost of 300 shs,it includes all my other info like school certs,marriage cert n passports to show its one and same person

Good for you, the amount you paid gives me an indication of what it should cost me here in Ug. Was just wondering though, can a minor swear an affidavit? I do need one for me and for my 4 year old. There is a letter on his birth certificate on his middle name but which is not included on his passport, example, Hamuza vs Hamza.(Not his name, just illustrating)

I was a realdummy in maths i scored a C- though average grade i got a B+,prayers more and more!!!aiya!!

Hi Nesh, same story here, i was no dummy though, the other day i read some stories in the archives about how some 15,000 students not only scored F9 which translates into a fail here in Ug, but also actually got zero in Maths. I will pray and wait for feedback from you. I hope to God for a good result my brother.

Hi members,

Good job. All will be well.

Hi Ash,thanks for your advise,problem is,i am an orphan so i dont know how to go about it withouit my parents around to explain

Sorry about your parents. I should have given you an option if parents are not there or unable to swear (that is to swear it yourself like you have done already)

Hi dear family members..
hope you have had wonderful day though very quiet,after the excitement of getting 2nl now its the interview phobia but we serve a mighty lord, pray for W,master coz he will lead us with his interview having less than 3 weeks to go.I am preparing to do my medicals

Hi dear family members..
hope you have had wonderful day though very quiet,after the excitement of getting 2nl now its the interview phobia but we serve a mighty lord, pray for W,master coz he will lead us with his interview having less than 3 weeks to go.I am preparing to do my medicals

Thanks Nesh, we need no worry.........thatz wat I'av learnt................What has to be, Must be.

DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you were not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 22, 2012 at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4).

2nd selection hopefuls...FFWD to 22 Oct.

Good luck & cheers.