• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

If u obtained ur info from the above link,then it would be accurate to presume it applies to those seeking U.S citizenship & not to other sovereign states' civil procedures unless its a requirement to immigrate to the U.S. to which I'm yet to find any requirement that ur birth cert should bear the outlined contents.

PS:eek:n ur passport application form,did u fill in #3;section a,b,c & d(applicant's father)?.
NO i have never used my father's name in any of my documents i used my grandfather's as my surname ..

NO i have never used my father's name in any of my documents i used my grandfather's as my surname ..

Sorry Paps, that can be stressful...not to worry my dad had the same SAME thing and guess what he is a Maa too :))
Utatoboa usi worry too much, kama ni yako ni yako!!!

So far today has been a very nice day to me coz I have been following the 2011 & 2012 threads, their interview experiences was/are very informative. Hope that even our 2013 will be as nice as theirs'.

2nd letter

Hi forum members.my cn is 2013AF000019** but i have not yet received the 2nd letter.can there be a problem? Am so worried

Hi forum members.my cn is 2013AF000019** but i have not yet received the 2nd letter.can there be a problem? Am so worried

Kobrich
I don't think there is any problem,have seen someone on nairaland conversations with very low case no. 3** slotted for early November interview.just b patient,yours is on the way

BY GOD'S GRACE,I HAVE MY 2NL AT LAST!!!

Guys thank you alot for your great support,i was soo worried.I had got my 2nl today and i realized it was emailed yesterday.Ikept on saying that God can not make us winners from over 12 million applicants and come to let us down here,my interview is scheduled for Nov 1,i am now going to prepare for my medicals as soon as possible and keep praying.You are lika a family guys and you really kept me going,Special thanks to Obbeez,Karendi and Ash,ladies is it chocolate or ice-cream

Cooooooooooooongs Nesh! Am so happy for you. Let the party begin. And ..ammm... I will have ice cream with chocolate flavour!!!

Do not worry Kobrich. You will get it soon. There are still 9 more days to go before October 1st. So just relax. We are praying for you though.

2nd letter

Do not worry Kobrich. You will get it soon. There are still 9 more days to go before October 1st. So just relax. We are praying for you though.

thanks guys for your support.i know that God wont let me down..keep praying for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,preparing for my medicals now,hope to do them in Msa,i have a little query though,my sir name,as appears in my national ID,school transcripts,marriage cert,passport and even in my Interview letter,doesnt appear in my birth cert,in my birth cert,my dads name isnt as in the other certs,please advise as the same issue almost brought confusion while applying for my passport,i had to sent my high school certs to verify the name,what should i do to avoid being put in document identification AP during interview?convince the CO that we dont use family name or that the cert was tht way i dont know why or get a lawyer to write for me an affidavit?how long will it take?

Hi guys,preparing for my medicals now,hope to do them in Msa,i have a little query though,my sir name,as appears in my national ID,school transcripts,marriage cert,passport and even in my Interview letter,doesnt appear in my birth cert,in my birth cert,my dads name isnt as in the other certs,please advise as the same issue almost brought confusion while applying for my passport,i had to sent my high school certs to verify the name,what should i do to avoid being put in document identification AP during interview?convince the CO that we dont use family name or that the cert was tht way i dont know why or get a lawyer to write for me an affidavit?how long will it take?

Hi nesh, i think it is best for your dad to swear or affirm the affidavit. Attach all documents to the affidavit and he confirms that he gave you those names and that all the stated names in the different docs belong to one and the same person that is you. I know some one whose date of birth was different in birth cert and in passport. The dad swore an affidavit but guess what, the co didn't even notice. Just have the affidavit. Remember, you should only hand in the affidavit when the co asks u to clarify the anomally. Good luck

Nesh, drafting the affidavit will take about 10 to 20 mins. Then it is signed by another lawyer authorized to administer oaths. U should be done in 30 mins unless the lawyer is busy.

Hi nesh, i think it is best for your dad to swear or affirm the affidavit. Attach all documents to the affidavit and he confirms that he gave you those names and that all the stated names in the different docs belong to one and the same person that is you. I know some one whose date of birth was different in birth cert and in passport. The dad swore an affidavit but guess what, the co didn't even notice. Just have the affidavit. Remember, you should only hand in the affidavit when the co asks u to clarify the anomally. Good luck
Hi Ash,thanks for your advise,problem is,i am an orphan so i dont know how to go about it withouit my parents around to explain

Nesh, drafting the affidavit will take about 10 to 20 mins. Then it is signed by another lawyer authorized to administer oaths. U should be done in 30 mins unless the lawyer is busy.
Thank you Ash,doing that first thing tomorrow ,some law student tell me that it costs around 200 sh>?

Hae Ladies & Gentlemen,
Wankinmaster here again wid a problem. Help me solve it.
My wife used my name instead of her father's name-Maiden name(family name at birth) on Q #2(Other names or alias -If married give maiden name) DSP-230 Part I, can I email the Embassy to change the name for me, or wat should I do?

Thanks the almighty Jah for everything, thanks for every step we have passed successfully on these Dv processes after we got selected out of millions, we thank you for connecting us thru this forum which to us is like a bluetooth, We ask you to help n to be wid us for the remaining steps.
We can't forget all those members current on Oct & Nov who're waiting for their interviews. We mostly put those that participate on this thread at your Humble hands, God I assure that we gonna give more thanx and to You, we pray for your help to those current on Oct to have a successful interview and visa pick ups in order to open a way to the fellow members in a successful way. You said Knock the door and it shall open, now that we're knockin', May You kindly open for we....Amen

Hae Ladies & Gentlemen,
Wankinmaster here again wid a problem. Help me solve it.
My wife used my name instead of her father's name-Maiden name(family name at birth) on Q #2(Other names or alias -If married give maiden name) DSP-230 Part I, can I email the Embassy to change the name for me, or wat should I do?

my wife made the same mistake so i am really waiting for this answer....