• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

According to state.gov website on birt certificate issue:
Birth Certificate
Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

The certificate must contain the:

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

My birth certificate doesn't contain my father's name reason best known to my mother...she brought me up singly..what happens to my case??

BY GOD'S GRACE,I HAVE MY 2NL AT LAST!!!

Guys thank you alot for your great support,i was soo worried.I had got my 2nl today and i realized it was emailed yesterday.Ikept on saying that God can not make us winners from over 12 million applicants and come to let us down here,my interview is scheduled for Nov 1,i am now going to prepare for my medicals as soon as possible and keep praying.You are lika a family guys and you really kept me going,Special thanks to Obbeez,Karendi and Ash,ladies is it chocolate or ice-cream

Guys thank you alot for your great support,i was soo worried.I had got my 2nl today and i realized it was emailed yesterday.Ikept on saying that God can not make us winners from over 12 million applicants and come to let us down here,my interview is scheduled for Nov 1,i am now going to prepare for my medicals as soon as possible and keep praying.You are lika a family guys and you really kept me going,Special thanks to Obbeez,Karendi and Ash,ladies is it chocolate or ice-cream
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!
I told you, Your day must be there.
I take this chance to thank the house on your behalf due to a lot of support, strength, hope and even prayers.
Thanks to the Most High.
Our house is getting stronger day by day.
Nesh, remember to update your signature..............2NL Received.

It happens:p

Did they give u a breakdown of this figure/how they came about it?

No they didn't, by the way this does not mean that we will spend the whole amount. It is in case if we spend above the required amount..........But there's no way we will overspend the amount.

Great news Nesh, i can only imagine the relief. You do have enuf time to prepare, make the best of it. a Smirnoff ice will do.:D

2NL number increasing

;)Its great news;)
Where should we get anyone current in Oct and interview date btw 1-15 from East AF?
Am looking for these ppl, Where are they hidden?

NESH..NESH.how great is our God..am up at 2:30a.m. Only to read this great news. I am so encouraged...like we kept telling you, God is on your side..
Wewe na Wankib are inmy immeadite list if prayers. Its yours in Jesus name!! We are family and we shall support each other to thee end. Now, relax.and let JC rock your boat :)

P.s am a vanilla girl...all the way

did my medicals jana total cost KShs18,872 dollar rate 84.25
waiting for interview on the 11th October.
@Mzee..wow, that is close. Tunakuombea na Mungu anafanya mambo yote Kuwa shwari. Keep us posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Lord, thank you because you hear our prayers. Thank you because all will be well with Wanking master and thank you because Nesh will get his 2NL soonest and all will be well. Calm his heart and assure him that all is well because with you all things are possible.
Dear God, I pray for all members of this forum that our hard work and anxiety will not be invain. That all of us will have victorius testimonies by end of this season, thank you God that from the many millions who applied for this; you picked us to proceed with the DV program and we believe you did not bring us this far to leave us.
Those in doubts over their grades and work experience, God, thank you because you are making springs in the desert and all will go well, for the glory of your holy name.
God remember all those trusting you for finances for the process. Thank you because you are providing to us according to your riches in Glory. Dear God, guide us on the right path and at the end of it all we shall be careful to say thank you. In Jesus name we prayed and Believed...AMEN!!

God, those who trust in you will never be put to shame. We trusted u for Nesh's 2nd nl and it has come. Thank you Jesus, as Wankin, Mzee and Nesh prepare fir their interviews...guide them ooh great councellor and make all crooked ways straight. In Jesus name we pray and give thanks.

Birth Certificate
Each applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the applicant, based upon the original registration of birth. Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview. Important Notice: All Immigrant Visa applicants must submit a long form original birth certificate. Short form birth certificates will not be accepted.

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

My birth certificate doesn't contain my father's name reason best known to my mother...she brought me up singly..what happens to my case??

Obeezy and Catchme - you are our advicing counsel help a brother out ^_^

Birth Certificate

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;

Updated April 28, 2011

New U.S. Birth Certificate Requirement

Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State will require the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information will not be acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This will not affect applications already in-process that have been submitted or accepted before the effective date.

For more information, see 22 CFR 51.42(a).

To obtain a new birth certificate, see the CDC.

In addition to this requirement, certified copies of birth certificates must also include the following information to be considered acceptable primary evidence of U.S. citizenship:

Full name of the applicant
Date of birth
Place of birth
Raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal of issuing authority
Registrar’s signature
The date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year)

If you cannot obtain a birth certificate that meets these requirements, please see Secondary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_5401.html

If u obtained ur info from the above link,then it would be accurate to presume it applies to those seeking U.S citizenship & not to other sovereign states' civil procedures unless its a requirement to immigrate to the U.S. to which I'm yet to find any requirement that ur birth cert should bear the outlined contents.

PS:eek:n ur passport application form,did u fill in #3;section a,b,c & d(applicant's father)?.

Guys thank you alot for your great support,i was soo worried.I had got my 2nl today and i realized it was emailed yesterday.
Thanks be to GOD.

I kept on saying that God can not make us winners from over 12 million applicants and come to let us down here
Well said.

my interview is scheduled for Nov 1,i am now going to prepare for my medicals as soon as possible and keep praying.
Its about time,go,go,go.

You are lika a family guys and you really kept me going,Special thanks to Obbeez,Karendi and Ash,
U r very welcome

ladies is it chocolate or ice-cream
now that's a first:cool:Leo ni furahiday,wachukulie maraundi;Mr waiter,leta vile tulivyo:p