• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hello brothers and sisters
i hope you had good weekend.

does anyone from Kenya has the interview during the first week of October.

I have not yet received my 2nd L.

Hey Lucy, I only know of people having interviews in the second week onwards. I think the first week has Edward who is from Asia. Do not worry about your 2nd NL. It will come.

CN 2013AF000123xx
Status Checked : 01May 2012
Forms sent to KCC :14 may 2012
ist and 2nd notifications done
Passport : Done

Medical:booked for 22nd oct
Interview:nov

HI PALS,I BOOKED MY MEDICAL ON 26/09/12 AND I CONFIRMED THIS THING IS REAL.I MEET SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE SAME PROCESS SO DONT GIVE UP.IT ONLY REQUIRES PATIENCE

And by the way, where did Mzee1970 go?
This man's interview will be on 11th of Oct, I rely on him most for rehearsal of my interview
Mzee1970 come baby come.....

niko tena sana my bday was on the 29th so nilianza wknd on Wednesday leo ndo nimerudi back to reality. i sent a PM with my email and fon number.

financial evidence needed

I got this from the 2014 instructions- FAQs (DV 2014 registration starts tomorrow 2nd Oct). Some people might still be doubful about financial evidence for DV selectees. But here is the answer from the Horse's mouth!

IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

I got this from the 2014 instructions- FAQs (DV 2014 registration starts tomorrow 2nd Oct). Some people might still be doubful about financial evidence for DV selectees. But here is the answer from the Horse's mouth!

IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE UNITED STATES, PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

Well, there you have it. Thank you Ash.

Started medical today-finish tomorrow

The most interesting story for me is that, medical cost for me, spouse n, ma son was just only 53k n some hundreds above. Otherwise i,ll give the whole story tomorrow. A very interesting experience, but 2morrow vaccines then hurrah........for medicals

medicals cost

The most interesting story for me is that, medical cost for me, spouse n, ma son was just only 53k n some hundreds above. Otherwise i,ll give the whole story tomorrow. A very interesting experience, but 2morrow vaccines then hurrah........for medicals

how come they wrote for me in the appointment paoer that i carry ksh,48000 for my wife and i?isnt that too expensive considering what wankin-m paid for 3 pple,should i go and do it in Msa?is it possible to ignore since one has booked?

help this person who in boxed me and i dont know how to respond to her..
hey am ######## case number 2013AF000422XX
when should i expect my interview
i sent my forms to kcc and they confirmed receiving all of them for each family member what next thing should i do
my husband is not willing to travel and i wish to travel with my daughter will they give me the visa or not you see i had filled the form for each of us but my husband is not interested
where do we go for medicals and immunisations and how much is it gonna cost me
who should certify my academic documents the photocopies

how come they wrote for me in the appointment paoer that i carry ksh,48000 for my wife and i?isnt that too expensive considering what wankin-m paid for 3 pple,should i go and do it in Msa?is it possible to ignore since one has booked?

Nesh,They said u carry 48k but they did not say it would cost u 48k;u wouldn't want to go there & find out u r short on cash!!!:mad:U could call the Msa dr. & find out her rates.

Were u given a breakdown of what each procedure would cost or was it just a round figure?

Wankin please let us know the whole experience like the amount required and questions asked..did you tell them that you had other vaccinatons administered when you were a child...?? i hear this is important as it reduces the overall cost significantly..

Good luck boss. Keep us posted. I need to know how many vaccines they administer.

Take ur pick(s):p

* Hepatitis A
* Hepatitis B
* Influenza
* Influenza type b (Hib)
* MMR_Measles,Mumps,Rubella
* Meningococcal
* Pneumococcal
* Pertussis
* Polio
* Rotavirus
* Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids