• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Very tired am still on tha road

Hae guys, pliz i'll post everything tomorrow after breaking down the amount for each. Right now am tired to do so. Much regards

Hae guys, pliz i'll post everything tomorrow after breaking down the amount for each. Right now am tired to do so. Much regards

congrats wanker..being a single applicant will i have to go for two days..or is it because you had kids..please answe tommorow i know you are tired...
lala salama

congrats wanker..being a single applicant will i have to go for two days..or is it because you had kids..please answe tommorow i know you are tired...
lala salama
Hi, Papa
Thankz for yua quiz, here is the answer.
whether yu're single or not, married with or without kid(s), its a MUST to attend medicals for two days consecutively unless it is on a weekend or a public holiday.

Hi, Papa
Thankz for yua quiz, here is the answer.
whether yu're single or not, married with or without kid(s), its a MUST to attend medicals for two days consecutively unless it is on a weekend or a public holiday.
Thanks for the info wankin..n what vaccinnes were u exempted from, and what was the total cost for you as a person..

MEDICAL: 1st DAY

We arrived IOM 7.00am and we were given an applicant budge by the security at the gate.
After that, we went straight to the main reception where we found a big number of people seated. we picked a waiting number and after few minutes our number was called. We went to the receptionist asked to give our passports and the 2Nl.
From there we were(in a group) asked to follow a certain IOM counselor to the counseling room where we got counseled according to your country of destination i.e US, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, n so on. Inside there we signed a vaccination consent (here don't forget to carry the address of your US host n especially his/her phone number)
From there we went back to the main reception to wait for a van to Nairobi hospital for a chest X-ray(here we were told that if they read a certain scar on the x-ray, they will examine it for two months and if they find out yu've TB, they will take another eight(8) months not 8 weeks to complete your medical. After the x-ray we were driven back to IOM where by we we given the next day's appointment.

MEDICAL: 2st DAY

IOM at 7.00am, thru gate, we got the budge the we were directed to doctors room by a certain employee of the IOM(but remember on the first day we gave the blood at the IOM for tests, yu know like syphilis,) At the doctor's room we picked a waiting number and gave our payment coupon to the receptionist.
Just a few moment a doctor called my wife's name and told her that she must repeat the X-ray since it was not readable(there n there I tensed..........could my wife be havin' TB or wat could it be or maybe a breast cancer) I was given another payment coupon for my wife's x-ray of ksh.1,400, we went to the cash office, paid and after payment we were taken to Nairobi hospital (now this case was special since it was a repeat n then we were the only Dv2013 applicant present at the day) I asked the doctor the reason why the x-ray spoiled n she told me it might be: she didn't follow instructions.
After the X-ray we were taken back to the IOM and imagine, within no time the x-ray result was there. God is great the x-ray was excellent. We were directed to doctor's room for testing eye sight, ears, measuring heights and weights. From there we were taken to another doctor who examined our eyes, ears, noses and even the whole body......one after the other wife, child & me(the physical room: here yu remove everything; if yu've a certain scar, the doctor will need to know wat caused it)
Here the doctor gave me the x-ray results and told me that the results are nice. She told me to go to the vaccination room for vaccines administered for we three. She also told me to keep the x-ray in a good place(do not fold) they will be needed(MUST)at the P.O.E (dont take them to the embassy since they've a copy)
We went to the vaccination room:
Here are the costs;
Adult: $138 per adult 2(138) @ a rate of Ksh.85 was 11,730
Child below 15 yrs: $ 105 @ the same rate Ksh.8,925
Remember this is not vaccination fees, this amount is mandatory.
Vaccines
Adult: Dultravax (d.t combi..) @ $32 per adult 2(32) Ksh5,440
Influenza @ $28 per adult 2(28) Ksh.4,760
MMR @ $26 per adult 2(26) Ksh.4,420
Child: Rotavirus @ $47 per child Ksh. 3,995
Tetraximm (Dtap +Hib) @ $33 per child Ksh.2,805 (was told that they will refund to me since it was not
appropriate time for him)

We arrived IOM 7.00am and we were given an applicant budge by the security at the gate.
After that, we went straight to the main reception where we found a big number of people seated. we picked a waiting number and after few minutes our number was called. We went to the receptionist asked to give our passports and the 2Nl.
From there we were(in a group) asked to follow a certain IOM counselor to the counseling room where we got counseled according to your country of destination i.e US, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, n so on. Inside there we signed a vaccination consent (here don't forget to carry the address of your US host n especially his/her phone number)
From there we went back to the main reception to wait for a van to Nairobi hospital for a chest X-ray(here we were told that if they read a certain scar on the x-ray, they will examine it for two months and if they find out yu've TB, they will take another eight(8) months not 8 weeks to complete your medical. After the x-ray we were driven back to IOM where by we we given the next day's appointment.

Congs Wank, you are lucky yo almost done with the visa journey!

It costed me about 53,860 and an additional of 1,400 for the xtra x-ray.
The most worst of all is the vaccines, yu don't feel them right away but at around evening until now they are still aching.

Remember I tried to approach almost everyone and unfortunately I didn't get a DV2013 applicant.
The only DV guy I got was a DV2012(he was like mad............he didn't know the DV2012 fiscal year is gone) But he insisted that he had a re-scheduled appointment letter of which he will be going to Embassy at 17th Dec this year. Anyway I tried to assist him by introducing him to the forums and also apply for the DV2014. More amazing, is that he made the payments on the first day but yesterday I left him advised by the IOM on the DV2012 issue.

Remember I tried to approach almost everyone and unfortunately I didn't get a DV2013 applicant.
The only DV guy I got was a DV2012(he was like mad............he didn't know the DV2012 fiscal year is gone) But he insisted that he had a re-scheduled appointment letter of which he will be going to Embassy at 17th Dec this year. Anyway I tried to assist him by introducing him to the forums and also apply for the DV2014. More amazing, is that he made the payments on the first day but yesterday I left him advised by the IOM on the DV2012 issue.

The only DV guy I got was a DV2012(he was like mad............he didn't know the DV2012 fiscal year is gone)
Was he one of the guys who were notified late(around July 2013)? Is he for real?

But he insisted that he had a re-scheduled appointment letter of which he will be going to Embassy at 17th Dec this yearIs that right(typo perhaps)!!! DV2012 is down the drain!!!
24. HOW LONG DO APPLICANTS WHO ARE SELECTED REMAIN ENTITLED TO APPLY FOR VISAS IN THE DV CATEGORY?
Persons selected in the DV-2012 lottery are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during fiscal year 2012, from October 1, 2011, through September 30, 2012. Applicants must obtain their visa or adjust status by the end of the fiscal year. There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the next year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas by September 30, 2012 (the end of the fiscal year.). Also, spouses and children who derive status from a DV-2012 registration can only obtain visas in the DV category between October 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012. Applicants who apply overseas will receive an appointment notification from the KCC through Entry Status Check on the E-DV website four to six weeks before the scheduled appointment.

Was he one of the guys who were notified late(around July 2013)? Is he for real?

But he insisted that he had a re-scheduled appointment letter of which he will be going to Embassy at 17th Dec this yearIs that right(typo perhaps)!!! DV2012 is down the drain!!!

That dude will be shocked. He better not waste money and think of 2014.@ obeezyb didn't you find it fishy when he said he was notified through mail that he had won 2012 dv?

MEDICAL: 1st DAY
From there we went back to the main reception to wait for a van to Nairobi hospital for a chest X-ray(here we were told that if they read a certain scar on the x-ray, .

IOM at 7.00am, thru gate, we got the budge the we were directed to doctors room by a certain employee of the IOM(but remember on the first day we gave the blood at the IOM for tests, yu know like syphilis,) At the doctor's room we picked a waiting number and gave our payment coupon to the receptionist.
Just a few moment a doctor called my wife's name and told her that she must repeat the X-ray since it was not readable(there n there I tensed..........could my wife be havin' TB or wat could it be or maybe a breast cancer) I was given another payment coupon for my wife's x-ray of ksh.1,400, we went to the cash office, paid and after payment we were taken to Nairobi hospital (now this case was special since it was a repeat n then we were the only Dv2013 applicant present at the day) I asked the doctor the reason why the x-ray spoiled n she told me it might be: she didn't follow instructions.
After the X-ray we were taken back to the IOM and imagine, within no time the x-ray result was there. God is great the x-ray was excellent. We were directed to doctor's room for testing eye sight, ears, measuring heights and weights. From there we were taken to another doctor who examined our eyes, ears, noses and even the whole body......one after the other wife, child & me(the physical room: here yu remove everything; if yu've a certain scar, the doctor will need to know wat caused it)
Here the doctor gave me the x-ray results and told me that the results are nice. She told me to go to the vaccination room for vaccines administered for we three. She also told me to keep the x-ray in a good place(do not fold) they will be needed(MUST)at the P.O.E (dont take them to the embassy since they've a copy)
We went to the vaccination room:
Here are the costs;
Adult: $138 per adult 2(138) @ a rate of Ksh.85 was 11,730
Child below 15 yrs: $ 105 @ the same rate Ksh.8,925
Remember this is not vaccination fees, this amount is mandatory.
Vaccines
Adult: Dultravax (d.t combi..) @ $32 per adult 2(32) Ksh5,440
Influenza @ $28 per adult 2(28) Ksh.4,760
MMR @ $26 per adult 2(26) Ksh.4,420
Child: Rotavirus @ $47 per child Ksh. 3,995
Tetraximm (Dtap +Hib) @ $33 per child Ksh.2,805 (was told that they will refund to me since it was not
appropriate time for him)

well told..

they will examine it for two months and if they find out yu've TB, they will take another eight(8) months:mad: not 8 weeks to complete your medical. After the x-ray we were driven back to IOM where by we we given the next day's appointment
Now this is 1 of the advantages of having a low CN!!! @least,you'll have hope of securing the visa b4 year end.

Were u asked if u had chickenpox?

That dude will be shocked. He better not waste money and think of 2014.@ obeezyb didn't you find it fishy when he said he was notified through mail that he had won 2012 dv?

hmmm......but the appointment letter is printable & IOM accepted his payments:confused:,as for the rescheduling authority,it can only be the Embassy since after the 2nd NL,KCC is thru with u(If I could only see the letter!!!).

(My 2 cents)Could it be that his medical had expired while on AP & he had to redo it in order to secure the visa & unfortunately he was time barred:confused:?

You know, this guy(Single) had been notified via email on late August.....he filled the forms and sent to Kentucky on early Sept and on 19th Sep he received the 2NL.
He told me that he had not prepared in terms of Birth cert,passports & sort of cash so he decided to reschedule n' I wondered how he was given such a date and yet he was a DV2012 which was ending at 30th Sep, 2012.
I av his phon number and I told him to join the forum and particularly post that story of his coz I even saw the letter. I might even call him n' ask what happened.

well told..

Now this is 1 of the advantages of having a low CN!!! @least,you'll have hope of securing the visa b4 year end.

Were u asked if u had chickenpox?
By the way that was the first quiz on the first day at the vaccination room, n' ma response was YES! If yu saw yes that vaccine won't be administered to yu(But it is important for yua health if yu know yu've never had C.Pox(yu can ask the parents/guardian)......say no to get the vaccine.