• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

By the way that was the first quiz on the first day at the vaccination room, n' ma response was YES! If yu saw yes that vaccine won't be administered to yu(But it is important for yua health if yu know yu've never had C.Pox(yu can ask the parents/guardian)......say no to get the vaccine.

Congs upon your success Wank. We are proud of you. I wish u luck in your forthcoming interview.

Interview experience: 2013 Interview done on 1st Oct 2012, visa/passport also received already

This is the experience of Lampshade!

Successful interview this morning for my husband and I. I believe we had the first interviews for 2013 October 1, 7:30 am

He did not ask much. What our plans are, have we been there before, who we staying with and when we hope to leave. Did not take five mins. He check our documents and told us congrats. He ask my hubby what he does for a living and if he intends to continue along that line in the USA and he he already has any jobs lined up.

Good morning all,
Visas were delivered this morning by DHL along with two sealed envelopes for border agents. We have 6 months from interview day to get to the US. Hoping to leave by year end. It now seems real to me seeing my cancelled visitors visa and new immigrant visa in our passports.

Good luck to you all.well am yet to recieve my 2nd nl. CN:2013AF000019** I think its because i sent my forms late(3rd july)

Hi members,
As I saw on an experience posted by Nesh..........................."We were asked to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results"................My quiz is............do we need to carry the X-ray envelop to the embassy? At the IOM, we were told not to carry since they will send the embassy a copy but we MUST carry the X-ray to US since it will be needed at the P.O.E in case we get the visas.

@Wankminister, the embassy did not request me to open mine, they didn't even collect it from me. Are you sure about needing it at P.O.E ? another question is that - I used an address in California but im finally moving to a different state, I won't be residing in Cali for now, how do I go about changing my address ?

kwani am the only one going to Georgia..ama i should change P.O.E..lol

Perhaps u have Nigerian roots:p..on the previous years' threads,Georgia seems to be popular with the oga:D hadi there's a daily flight from ATL to Lagos(Delta)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps u have Nigerian roots:p..on the previous years threads,Georgia seems to be popular with the oga:D hadi ther's a daily flight from ATL to Lagos(Delta)

am going to maryland. hapo tu juu ya gorgia. we should hookup sometime and have a drink :cool:

No Confirmation yet

2013AF00020xxx
I sent the forms on 18th of July how come i havent received a confirmation from KCC? What should i do? should i call them or send other forms again

2013AF00020xxx
I sent the forms on 18th of July how come i havent received a confirmation from KCC? What should i do? should i call them or send other forms again

hey makiki welcome to the forum..kindly read through the forums from the begining and most of your questions will be answered. kindly update your signature.. karibu

Me and my family were never asked for the X-ray envelopes at the Poe though we had them. For the poe you can enter through any airport as long as you instruct the officer to change your mailing address for the purpose of delivering greencard and ssn.

Hi members,
As I saw on an experience posted by Nesh..........................."We were asked to open up our XRAY and bring out the medical results"................My quiz is............do we need to carry the X-ray envelop to the embassy? At the IOM, we were told not to carry since they will send the embassy a copy but we MUST carry the X-ray to US since it will be needed at the P.O.E in case we get the visas.

The embassy won't need it, neither was I asked for it at the P.O.E. They usually advice you to carry it at the P.O.E though as hand luggage so you never know.

@Wankminister, the embassy did not request me to open mine, they didn't even collect it from me. Are you sure about needing it at P.O.E ? another question is that - I used an address in California but im finally moving to a different state, I won't be residing in Cali for now, how do I go about changing my address ?

Just book your flight to your final destination. Once you get at the P.O.E request for address change. No drama mine slid through like a charm.

How to update the signature

hey makiki welcome to the forum..kindly read through the forums from the begining and most of your questions will be answered. kindly update your signature.. karibu

how do i update this signature thing????????????

Hi good people,
hope you are having a great time,waiting for our first successful interviews,going to do my medicals on 23rd oct 2012 and my onterview is on 1st nov,prayers guys

Hi good people,
hope you are having a great time,waiting for our first successful interviews,going to do my medicals on 23rd oct 2012 and my onterview is on 1st nov,prayers guys

It is the only way, Nesh. Prayers..prayers.........hope God will hear all.

hy guys. long tym...was just tarmacking....kutafuta job....found this article in a certain website called individual.com......sad news indeed.........
"
U.S. Begins 2014 Visa Lottery
by Abiodun Oluwarotimi
Oct 04, 2012 (Leadership/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) --

The US State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs has announced the commencement of the 2014 Diversity Visa program (DV-2014).

According to information obtained by our Correspondent, the entry submission period for the programme which started at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 2, 2012 will end at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on November 3, 2012.

The bureau also stated that the entry form will only be available for submission during this period only, and added that entries will be accepted through the U.S. Postal.

Meanwhile, legislation which would eventually eliminate the Diversity Visas is in progress in the U.S Congress.

Sponsors of the bill are also working to re-allocate the 55,000 visas currently awarded to Diversity Visa Lottery winners and reserve them for undocumented immigrants already in the United States.

The proposed legislation, however, specifies that beneficiaries must be graduates in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM.)

In the Senate, Senator John Cornyn a Republican from Texas has already introduced a bill (S. 3185) that would re-allocate Diversity Visas to STEM graduates.

The Diversity Visa Programme , popularly known as Green Card Lottery Visa programme was established in 1990 to provide visas to persons from specific countries.

As moves are being made to eliminate it, an adjustment was made in the 2013 edition to include citizens of South Sudan and Poland while Bangladesh was removed as a qualifying country because of their high rate of migration to the US.

Copyright Leadership. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).