• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

finaaaalllly the image thing which was very 'boriiiing' and unreadable is longer there. thank you admin and thanks guys for your support

Dv 2014 application

You all in my prayers and those visas are yours. Nway i want to apply for dv 2014 but i realize most cybers dont confirm to the strict photo rules. So kindly if you dont mind private message me where you took them from or any good cyber especially in nrb. Once again good luck na wale tunangoja the 22nd selection good luck to us but meanwhile lets try 2014

hy guys. long tym...was just tarmacking....kutafuta job....found this article in a certain website called individual.com......sad news indeed.........
"
U.S. Begins 2014 Visa Lottery
by Abiodun Oluwarotimi
Oct 04, 2012 (Leadership/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) --

The US State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs has announced the commencement of the 2014 Diversity Visa program (DV-2014).

According to information obtained by our Correspondent, the entry submission period for the programme which started at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 2, 2012 will end at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on November 3, 2012.

The bureau also stated that the entry form will only be available for submission during this period only, and added that entries will be accepted through the U.S. Postal.

Meanwhile, legislation which would eventually eliminate the Diversity Visas is in progress in the U.S Congress.

Sponsors of the bill are also working to re-allocate the 55,000 visas currently awarded to Diversity Visa Lottery winners and reserve them for undocumented immigrants already in the United States.

The proposed legislation, however, specifies that beneficiaries must be graduates in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM.)

In the Senate, Senator John Cornyn a Republican from Texas has already introduced a bill (S. 3185) that would re-allocate Diversity Visas to STEM graduates.

The Diversity Visa Programme , popularly known as Green Card Lottery Visa programme was established in 1990 to provide visas to persons from specific countries.

As moves are being made to eliminate it, an adjustment was made in the 2013 edition to include citizens of South Sudan and Poland while Bangladesh was removed as a qualifying country because of their high rate of migration to the US.

Copyright Leadership. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).

Wow, at least they cannot abort the program while it's still running.

Wow, at least they cannot abort the program while it's still running.

I mean for the rest of our progeny or even for ourselves, God forbid, in case the interview is unsuccessful. Catchme, i was thinking beyond my nose.............u never know what will happen.

mazee, i cant wait for next year....mind u its not coz of the general elections but coz of the dv interview....this God willing i think will change my life forever..........oh God, if this green card will change my life and the next in a positive way, grant it to me. if, however, it will have negative impact on this life and the next one to come, separate it from me as You have separated the heavens and the earth.......amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

Guys, is it true that the university education in the US is almost free (highly subsidized by the Federal gov) or it is only for the natives.

hy guys. long tym...was just tarmacking....kutafuta job....found this article in a certain website called individual.com......sad news indeed.........
"
U.S. Begins 2014 Visa Lottery
by Abiodun Oluwarotimi
Oct 04, 2012 (Leadership/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) --

The US State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs has announced the commencement of the 2014 Diversity Visa program (DV-2014).

According to information obtained by our Correspondent, the entry submission period for the programme which started at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 2, 2012 will end at 12:00 PM EDT (GMT -4) on November 3, 2012.

The bureau also stated that the entry form will only be available for submission during this period only, and added that entries will be accepted through the U.S. Postal.

Meanwhile, legislation which would eventually eliminate the Diversity Visas is in progress in the U.S Congress.

Sponsors of the bill are also working to re-allocate the 55,000 visas currently awarded to Diversity Visa Lottery winners and reserve them for undocumented immigrants already in the United States.

The proposed legislation, however, specifies that beneficiaries must be graduates in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM.)

In the Senate, Senator John Cornyn a Republican from Texas has already introduced a bill (S. 3185) that would re-allocate Diversity Visas to STEM graduates.

The Diversity Visa Programme , popularly known as Green Card Lottery Visa programme was established in 1990 to provide visas to persons from specific countries.

As moves are being made to eliminate it, an adjustment was made in the 2013 edition to include citizens of South Sudan and Poland while Bangladesh was removed as a qualifying country because of their high rate of migration to the US.

Copyright Leadership. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).

Many have tried to shoot down/restructure this DV program to no avail;);).Lets pray for an Obama victory & a Democrat majority in both houses.

So far,DV 2013 & 2014 r already in the bag so perhaps 2015:p

http://www.globalimmigrationcounsel.com/tags/senator-charles-schumer/

http://www.visalaw.com/12jul1/1jul112.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You all in my prayers and those visas are yours. Nway i want to apply for dv 2014 but i realize most cybers dont confirm to the strict photo rules. So kindly if you dont mind private message me where you took them from or any good cyber especially in nrb. Once again good luck na wale tunangoja the 22nd selection good luck to us but meanwhile lets try 2014

Nway i want to apply for dv 2014 but i realize most cybers dont confirm to the strict photo rules.
Go to any studio with the requirements @ hand & ask if they can manage to take the photo to the stated specificity.Any studio worth their salt should be able to pull it off.U dont need the physical photo since the digital will do(it should cost less since there's no printing).Just make sure to confirm the photo specs(Image File Format,Image File Size, Image Resolution and Dimensions & Image Color Depth) b4 leaving the studio.

Cheers.

mazee, i cant wait for next year....mind u its not coz of the general elections but coz of the dv interview....this God willing i think will change my life forever..........oh God, if this green card will change my life and the next in a positive way, grant it to me. if, however, it will have negative impact on this life and the next one to come, separate it from me as You have separated the heavens and the earth.......amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

Good things come to those who wait (particularly for us with high CNs:cool::cool:)

I mean for the rest of our progeny or even for ourselves, God forbid, in case the interview is unsuccessful. Catchme, i was thinking beyond my nose.............u never know what will happen.

Yep,that's why I'm also applying for DV2014 (hedge ur bets,folks:p:p)

Cheers.

Hi good people,
hope you are having a great time,waiting for our first successful interviews,going to do my medicals on 23rd oct 2012 and my onterview is on 1st nov,prayers guys

hope you are having a great time
Its all gooood.

waiting for our first successful interviews
Mzee1917 is having his interview on Thursday(Oct 11 )..lets keep him in our prayers.

going to do my medicals on 23rd oct 2012 and my onterview is on 1st nov,prayers guys
Tuendelee vivyo hivyo.

There u go.........

how do i update this signature thing????????????

For your signature, go to settings in the top right hand side of ur browser page,click on it and on your left hand side under my settings you will see edit signature.

ur sig structure would be sumthing like this....

DV2030AF000ABCDE
Entry Checked: 00.00.2030
Forms sent to KCC:?
Forms received by KCC:?
Confirmed by KCC via email:?
2nd NL: NOT YET
Police : NOT YET
Medicals: NOT YET
Interview: NOT YET
Port of Entry aka POE:?.

Cheers.

[h=1]Mitt Romney on Immigration[/h][h=2]Former Republican Governor (MA); presidential nominee-apparent[/h]

[h=3]Focus on reuniting families instead of diversity or DREAMers[/h]Q: There are 1.7 million undocumented students that could benefit from deferred action [on deportation]. It would enable them to go to college, join the military, and get work permits.A: Let me respond more broadly and then get to the specific of young people who were brought here through no fault of their own, and are now going to school here. The immigration system, I think we all agree, is broken and it's been a political football for years and years. It needs to be fixed. Also, instead of having our diversity visas offered, we provide instead the chance to pull families together. I want that to be the favored system for immigration. I also believe that we should have temporary work visas consistent with the needs of the employment community and by the way, if the student does so well that they get an advanced degree, I'd staple the green card to their diploma. For those young people who, for instance, serve in our military, that they should be able to become a permanent resident.
Source: Obama-Romney interviews by Univision Noticias (Spanish News) , Sep 19, 2012

More prayers for an Obama win & Democrat led congress..otherwise we'll see RED(pun intended:p:p)

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Mitt_Romney_Immigration.htm

Finally sent the forms today, after confirming everything. I guess I am in the waiting anxiously group now.

Good luck to all those who have interviews soon, your success gives us all hope.

Finally sent the forms today, after confirming everything. I guess I am in the waiting anxiously group now.

Good luck to all those who have interviews soon, your success gives us all hope.

Ahaaa!! join the club,I'm sure I have a brochure somewhere with me,let me look for it,I'll get back to u shortly:p:p

Success to those who r approaching to their respective interviews..........i have a query to make....the documents that are required during the interview, ie birth cert, kcse certs et al, should their photocopies be certified by the issuing authorities or just the plain photocopies should be presented before the consular officer? Please assist...God bless

Success to those who r approaching to their respective interviews..........i have a query to make....the documents that are required during the interview, ie birth cert, kcse certs et al, should their photocopies be certified by the issuing authorities or just the plain photocopies should be presented before the consular officer? Please assist...God bless

The page below is an excerpt from this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4761.html

Instructions for Selectees: Interview Preparation
PrintEmail
Step: 1 2 3 4

Step 4: Your Interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Abroad

After all of your forms have been received and approved by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), based on visa availability, you may receive an interview appointment letter indicating the date, time, and location of your visa interview. You will need to be present at the interview, as well as your spouse and children (as applicable) who are applying for a diversity immigrant visa.

Note: The completed original Form(s) DS-230, Form DS-122 and photographs you submitted in Step 2, will be sent by KCC to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will be interviewed.

Medical Exam

Before your interview, diversity visa applicants will need to have completed the required medical exam, including required vaccinations. You will need to schedule your medical exam appointment. Review Medical Exam and Physicians for a list of required Panel Physicians in your country, instructions for the medical exam and medical exam frequently asked questions (FAQs).

Note: On the Panel Physicians List, select the Embassy/Consulate where you will be interviewed. Unlike case numbers for all other immigrant visa categories, DV case numbers do not contain three-letter codes for the Embassy/Consulate where your case will be processed.

Interview Preparation

You should prepare thoroughly and carefully for your interview. Failure to be fully prepared for your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can result in delay or denial of the visa. It is important that you follow any additional instructions provided by the Embassy or Consulate on the Interview Preparation – Embassy Guidelines webpage.

Note: On the US Embassy/Consulate Specific Information List, select the Embassy/Consulate where you will be interviewed. Unlike case numbers for all other immigrant visa categories, DV case numbers do not contain three-letter codes for the Embassy/Consulate where your case will be processed.

Required Documentation

At your interview you must bring the following;

Selectee notification letter which you received from KCC.
Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S. for you and each family member applying for a visa.
Original documents or certified copies of all applicable civil documents listed in the Step 3 instructions.
Original Document Requirements
The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit original documents or certified copies of the documents listed in section Step 3 from an appropriate office (authority, or issuing entity) in your country.

Translation Requirements - Follow instructions provided in Step 3 Obtaining Your Civil Documents.

Fee Payment

At your visa interview you must pay the DV lottery fee. Learn more about Fees. You should make arrangements to have payment available before your interview date and time the following instructions of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you will be interviewed. Other fees an applicant can expect include medical exam fees, as an example.

How to Contact Kentucky Consular Center

If you need to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) you must always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear on your original Selectee Letter. Your case number should be clearly written in the upper right hand corner of ALL documents and correspondence sent to the KCC.

The KCC telephone number is 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST), or send an E-mail inquiry to KCCDV@state.gov

<< Back to Step 3

That's my take...