• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Done everything with checking my papers, done all photocopies but do I need to photocopy the bio data pages of our passports?
Now am revising and rehearsing for I have 5 days to wind up these Dv issues whether the interview will be + or - but all in all I hope to gain coz hard work pays since I did sow n now am about to reap.

I dont think it would be necessary since they r machine readable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly post the link.

(AFAIK)the date on the 2nd NL is the sole determinant unless communicated otherwise by the embassy.

Sorry, i misquoted the issue...rather appointment dates are restricted from mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays and thurdays from 6.30am to 12pm.
Please see the link below "travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/NRB-SUP-ENGL-0001-1111.pdf"
Sorry for any inconviniences

What Does the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) Do?

What Does the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) Do?

March 17th, 2011 | Category: Articles,News,Visa Processing

The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) is a centralized processing facility for petition-based nonimmigrant visa programs and for the Diversity Visa program (also known as “green card lottery”). Located in Williamsburg, Kentucky, KCC serves a variety of important functions affecting many visa applicants and foreign nationals who are selected under the Diversity Visa lotttery. There are 300 employees, of which 97% are under private contracts.

Processing Statistics

For the Diversity Visa program, KCC processes approximately 100,000 selectees every year to ensure that all of the 55,000 allocated immigrant visa numbers are properly allocated. KCC also receives 12,000 I-129 nonimmigrant visa petitions each week from USCIS and processes them for U.S. consular posts around the world.

Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU)

As part of its processing tasks, KCC houses the Fraud Prevention Unit which creates base files for petitioners and researches petitioner information in connection with visa stamp applications. The purpose of the FPU is to allow the government to research the petitioner in more depth from within the U.S. Often a U.S. consular post is not able (logistically or otherwise) to do proper petitioner research; as a result, the FPU allows such petitioner research or verification tasks to be conducted from within the U.S.
As part of its duties, the FPU could contact the petitioner directly to ask questions, or if an end-client is involved in the employment arrangement (such as with many IT consulting companies), the FPU could contact the end-client directly. The FPU researchers will identify themselves – they do not make pretext calls to gain information. The researcher creates a memo regarding the information obtained, which is entered into the FPU database. Normally there is no need to research the same petitioner multiple times, in the absence of some particular need to do so.

The trigger for FPU review is either random (reportedly about 1% of all records) or upon specific request by a consular post. Normally, electronic records are created from I-129 records for all petitioners whose petitions are processed by KCC. All petitioners are verified and minimum research is conducted to verify the petitioner’s existence. A more in-depth petitioner existence review is conducted randomly or upon consular post request.
Training in the FPU is category-specific. Researchers are trained on industries, company size and other factors. Agents in the FPU receive an overiew of all petition-based NIV categories; however, they normally specialize regionally. Currently, there are two teams-India and Global (all non-Indian posts).

Petition Information Management Service (PIMS)

The PIMS system allows consular posts to obtain petition information in connection with visa applications (most often by the beneficiary of the petition). KCC acts as the central processing facility of petitions processed by USCIS. Normally, USCIS sends petitions to KCC’s PIMS systemwhich are then scanned and made available to consulates around the world in the PIMS system.

In the normal course of processing, KCC receives boxes of files from USCIS and electronically tracks them based on the USCIS barcodes on the files as they are received. I-129 petitions are scanned, 55 fields are entered for data capture, a petitioner is assigned, a quality control check is conducted, and then the hard copy is shredded.
KCC reports that it has processed 65,000 consular PIMS inquiries in FY2009 and 48,000 in FY2010. For the vast majority of these inquiries, sufficient information is in CLAIMS for KCC to update PIMS within 24 hours. KCC’s PIMS processing completion target times for entry into the system are: COB the next day for “expedited petitions” (which do not necessarily include premium processing), 3 working days for O, P, T and U petitions, 5 working days for other petitions and for revocation/CIS notices, and 10 working days for any other extension or change of status petitions. The processing time for USCIS affirmations of petitions returned by the consulate with a revocation recommendation is within 5 days.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2011/03/17/what-does-the-kentucky-consular-center-kcc-do/

Clarity

EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Nairobi, Kenya

The Immigrant Visa Unit in Nairobi, Kenya has adjusted its visa application process. The unit will no longer require applicants to come to the embassy on two separate occasions to process your immigrant visa. This was done in order to ease the burden on applicants and streamline the visa processing. Please come prepared to spend several hours at the embassy.

All applicants are expected to interview on the initial appointment date scheduled by NVC or KCC. Applicants should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their appointment to ensure they are able to clear security in time for their interviews. Please be prepared to show picture identification.

Appointment dates are restricted to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 6:30 AM and 12:00 PM. The embassy is closed all U.S. and Kenyan holidays.
If you are unable to attend your NVC/KCC scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your interview by going to http://kenya.usvisa-info.com.Please be aware that if you choose to reschedule your initial NVC/KCC appointment time, it may result in additional wait time for your visa interview. You should NOT reschedule an appointment unless you have already been given an initial appointment date by NVC/KCC. If you reschedule an appointment through the website without having received an initial appointment time by NVC/KCC, you will be turned away.

All immigrant visa applicants are encouraged to arrive prepared for the interview. You may be requested by the adjudicating officer to produce secondary evidence of your relationship to the petitioner if you are applying for a family-based immigration benefit, so bring this evidence with you to the interview.
For security reasons, we no longer allow applicants to collect their visas at the embassy. All IV applicants must register with DHL and select a DHL delivery location within Kenya regardless of your nationality. This service is free of charge. Instructions on how to register for DHL can be found at http://kenya.usvisa-info.com.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/NRB-SUP-ENGL-0001-1111.pdf

Sorry, i misquoted the issue...rather appointment dates are restricted from mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays and thurdays from 6.30am to 12pm.
Please see the link below "travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/NRB-SUP-ENGL-0001-1111.pdf"
Sorry for any inconviniences

We live & we learn:D

Me I had such a correction but for me I sent the affected sheet via courier n within one week they confirmed delivery. Anyway either courier or email can do................It will depend on yua choice.

I just send it,
Thank you all and may God bless Us.

Vipi Wakinmaster! I thought u were doing your interview today. Anyway 5 days isn't that long. On your issue, i think its better to go with your documents using the folder instead of the bag coz nimecheki a visa interview conducted in the US embassy ya certain Spanish speaking via youtube in which a lady was told to leave her bag in the luggage area kama ya supermarket na akapewa namba tag....but am not sure if its applicable to the US embassy ya Nai.....anyway fellow members can input their thoughts hapa hapa
Thankx Abu Hamza

Dhl courier

now guys,first is to wish mzee a smooth ride through the interview,again is to wish wankin master easy times as he gets ready,now about the DHL courier as far as picking visas is concerned,how many have registered with it?
we register before or after the interview?how long should one take before picking the visa from the DHl courier ?
SEE BELOW
For security reasons, we no longer allow applicants to collect their visas at the embassy. All IV applicants must register with DHL and select a DHL delivery location within Kenya regardless of your nationality. This service is free of charge. Instructions on how to register for DHL can be found at http://kenya.usvisa-info.com.

now guys,first is to wish mzee a smooth ride through the interview,again is to wish wankin master easy times as he gets ready,now about the DHL courier as far as picking visas is concerned,how many have registered with it?
we register before or after the interview?how long should one take before picking the visa from the DHl courier ?
SEE BELOW

All you need to do is register with DHL, punch in your details and specify your preferred DHL delivery location (I registered before my interview). After the interview just keep on checking your email and/or login to the portal and check whether there's an update. Mine took 3 days.

EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Nairobi, Kenya

The Immigrant Visa Unit in Nairobi, Kenya has adjusted its visa application process. The unit will no longer require applicants to come to the embassy on two separate occasions to process your immigrant visa. This was done in order to ease the burden on applicants and streamline the visa processing. Please come prepared to spend several hours at the embassy.

All applicants are expected to interview on the initial appointment date scheduled by NVC or KCC. Applicants should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their appointment to ensure they are able to clear security in time for their interviews. Please be prepared to show picture identification.

Appointment dates are restricted to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 6:30 AM and 12:00 PM. The embassy is closed all U.S. and Kenyan holidays.
If you are unable to attend your NVC/KCC scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your interview by going to http://kenya.usvisa-info.com.Please be aware that if you choose to reschedule your initial NVC/KCC appointment time, it may result in additional wait time for your visa interview. You should NOT reschedule an appointment unless you have already been given an initial appointment date by NVC/KCC. If you reschedule an appointment through the website without having received an initial appointment time by NVC/KCC, you will be turned away.

All immigrant visa applicants are encouraged to arrive prepared for the interview. You may be requested by the adjudicating officer to produce secondary evidence of your relationship to the petitioner if you are applying for a family-based immigration benefit, so bring this evidence with you to the interview.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/NRB-SUP-ENGL-0001-1111.pdf

Goodness, how long does it take to get the passports from DHL? Its quite tough on those of us from other countries.

Obeez, you are willing to pay the costs twice? Wow.

catchme, it isnt only obeez that has applied for the dv 2014. i also did, and am sure so many in this great forum have also done that. Its wise not to put all your eggs in one basket, you never knw what will happen...as an accountant will tell you, its better to act conservatively and prudently.

So how are we supposed to carry our 10 photo albums and all the love notes and bills?:confused:

Honestly,10 photo albums is overkill:confused::confused:Its all about perception;u wouldn't want to look desperate.For the photos,just collect about 5 pix for each major event of ur life.The CO may not even ask for them given that u have kids which is a + for u.

all the love notes and bills
I thought these died a natural death sometime back now that we r in the information age. of sms' & emails:p:p

catchme, it isnt only obeez that has applied for the dv 2014. i also did, and am sure so many in this great forum have also done that. Its wise not to put all your eggs in one basket, you never knw what will happen...as an accountant will tell you, its better to act conservatively and prudently.

Well said...

Well, am an accountant and am also concerned about the costs. You know medical fees, interview fees, travel and accommodation (am from Uganda with a hubby and 2 kids) so please if u can do the math, you will realize that these costs are not a joke. That's why am a bit surprised that some of us wld stick it out another time.