• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Dollar VS Kshs????

if carring dollars z cheaper then hw much should one carry?

Please house help,soon going fr my interview n i nid to knw hw much in total kshs shud i have with me or if i prefer in dollars,hw much in total shud i carry??

Please house help,soon going fr my interview n i nid to knw hw much in total kshs shud i have with me or if i prefer in dollars,hw much in total shud i carry??

carry dollar to the embassy that is 335 US dollars which u can get in town for ksh28609. i did exchange mine today at a forex bureau near city hall thanks to nickelly

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.

Thanx for remembering us. i thank God for your safe journey. wish u well dear.

Cera its cheaper if u exchange your cash into dollars.its usd 330 only my dear.u can carry extra for buying snacks but for the visa fee its the exact amt

heloo..my interview experience;
we arrived at the embassy at around 7.30am went through the security checks then headed to the reception where we were handed a no. we sat as we waited for our no. to be called. in about 40 mins. we went to window five where our papers were taken by a very nice lady...she asked whether i qualify with my kcse or o'wise nd i said yes..she gave an invoice to pay...went to the cashier paid nd brought the receipt back to her.we went back to sit and it took close to 1 hr then we went to window 8 for biometrics...nd the waiting continued for like another hr then we were called to window 10.

CO: How are you?
Me: Fine thank you.How are you?
CO: Good.Now i need you both to raise your right hands and swear.. bla bla bla
Me:yes we do swear
CO: need you to sign this forms for you and the kids and the daddy will sign for himself
(we signed)
CO: What did you do after High school
Me: went to college
CO: Good i see u did and completed your CPA
Me: Yes ma'am.
CO: where do you work
Me:i work at ****
CO: How do you intend to support yourself for the first few months in the US
me: we've got some savings.
CO; Congratulations your visa is approved.
handed me a green paper and the one containing details about the payment of usd 165.
that was it guys..i thank GOD

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.[/QUOTE

Glad you arrived safely despite the hiccups..so happy for you my sister ooo..jienjoy

Emma promised to give her experience once she is near the computer/Laptop the rest later.

thanks soo much dear...u have been a source of inspiration in this forum...not forgetting my sisters makiki & diamondzu are blessings dubai b,sm1smom,misses,fomogho...the list is endless much blessings forumates

we arrived at the embassy at around 7.30am went through the security checks then headed to the reception where we were handed a no. we sat as we waited for our no. to be called. in about 40 mins. we went to window five where our papers were taken by a very nice lady...she asked whether i qualify with my kcse or o'wise nd i said yes..she gave an invoice to pay...went to the cashier paid nd brought the receipt back to her.we went back to sit and it took close to 1 hr then we went to window 8 for biometrics...nd the waiting continued for like another hr then we were called to window 10.

CO: need you to sign this forms for you and the kids and the daddy will sign for himself
(we signed)
handed me a green paper and the one containing details about the payment of usd 165.

Congrats dear!simple n precise questions......we thank God for a very successful week!

thanks soo much dear...u have been a source of inspiration in this forum...not forgetting my sisters makiki & diamondzu are blessings dubai b,sm1smom,misses,fomogho...the list is endless much blessings forumates
Welcome to the ark:p

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.

MAMAMAMIAH I can't wait to hear more positive encounter am happy for you , you deserve it:p

(we signed)
congrats Emma to God be the glory!

(we signed)

Congratulation once more God has put in your mouth a new song.Please update your signature(ama bado hujafanya medical:p,and include successful too):)

Oh what a story! And thank God you had a safe flight. Thanks for the update. Stay well and be blessed, and keep those updates rolling.