• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Today's Devotion

Proverbs 23:18
“For surely there is an end; and the expectation shall not be cut off.”

I want you to also remember that God is not just promising a small door, but A GREAT DOOR, Hallelujah!! Expect great doors this year. Expect Great opportunities, Great divinely orchestrated openings. Therefore the doors that God has set open for you no man will shut. I decree that there will be only Joy as door by door opens. Friend, even ancient door will open to us this year. Yes, huge doors that we never imagined ourselves walking through, I see us walking through them even golden doors and double hinged doors. THEY ARE OPENING IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN and AMEN.

The Bible says that the door was not only Great, but that it was an EFFECTUAL door too. In other words, an effective door, one that is sure to give you success. I thank God that all doors that open to you this year will be effectual in Jesus Faithful Name, Amen. Never forget that “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights:)

Am happy today so happy in Jesus name i am happy because He has take away....................................

Thank you Jesus.............. Congrats dear!
Had my interview in the morning...success. It went like this:

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints.

I put my fingerprints for verification.

CO: Thanks
Me: No problem
CO: I need you to sign this form...
Me: (signed)
CO:How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
Me: Online
CO: How many times did you apply
Me: Twice
CO: Second time was a charm
Me: Yeah
CO: Looking through my file for my I-134: what is your relationship to ....
Me: She is my aunt
CO: I see that you graduated from .... University with a degree in accounting
Me: Accounting and Law
CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents
Me: Will I need to make a payment and how do I do that
CO: You will receive all details with your package
Me: OK thank you very much
CO: Was that too bad for you? Scary?
Me: Yes, I was a little nervous
CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

Fill out the initial forms and send them thru to the KCC. You can't win unless you are playing. Failing to submit the forms is defeating yourself, not the CO denying you the visa.

my Dv is 20140000AF19*** not sent yet coz I said earlier am the principal applicant with a C- but a certificate in counselling pyschology?
Do I stand a chance or do the CO consider only KCSE certs dont want to loose my money

I agree Uganda1, NJER fill in the forms and send them once you are ready, if you disqualify yourself even before you have sent the forms is neither here nor there. I think you will be fine. Remember it is a minimum qualification I think as Nickelly put it. Don't worry about what the CO will do, just don't disqualify yourself.

Today's Devotion

I want you to also remember that God is not just promising a small door, but A GREAT DOOR, Hallelujah!! Expect great doors this year. Expect Great opportunities, Great divinely orchestrated openings. Therefore the doors that God has set open for you no man will shut. I decree that there will be only Joy as door by door opens. Friend, even ancient door will open to us this year. Yes, huge doors that we never imagined ourselves walking through, I see us walking through them even golden doors and double hinged doors. THEY ARE OPENING IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN and AMEN.

The Bible says that the door was not only Great, but that it was an EFFECTUAL door too. In other words, an effective door, one that is sure to give you success. I thank God that all doors that open to you this year will be effectual in Jesus Faithful Name, Amen. Never forget that “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights:)

Amen!

Congratulations to all of you eho have passed ua Interviews lately. Am proud of u guys for the courage you've shown to face tge COs. Kudos to that.
@Njer, don't give up that easily. Send the forms, sit back, and Pray hard.
@ Abu Hamza, please clarify the required min grades, is it a C (minus) or a C (plain). You've written C- n av been seeing most pple sayn it's a C !!
All the best to you'll going for Interviews soon....;-)

C Minus or C plain pliz elaborate

Kindly read page 42 Makiki posted the paper on Dv qualifications and also read Mashpol interview experience..you cant give up even before you start..God picked you from millions so He has you in mind.

Today's Devotion

Amen and Amen, Thank you Lord for the open doors and giving us such words of encouragement through your daughter to deliver for us. Bless her Lord, alleuia

Qualifications
For C - you must have a diploma or professional certificate like CPA ,diploma in any field that's my understanding.:)

KCSE GRADE it and make your own decisions

DIVERSITY VISA NOTICE FOR PRINCIPAL APPLICANTS
Please review this paper carefully

To qualify for the Diversity visa, you must have graduated from secondary school and passed the KCSE with a minimum avarage score of C plain or its equivalent.

Below are the guidelines for educational requirements in Kenya

Diploma Courses

Admission to Diploma courses is based on any one of the following minimum qualification:
i) KCSE mean grade C.
ii) KCSE mean grade C- or equivalent plus a certificate.
iii) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum division III or equivalent
iv) An 'O' level qualification with a minimum of two subsidiary passes or equivalent.

Degree Programs
Admission to Bachelor's degree program is based on any one of the following minimum qualification
1.K.C.S.E. Mean grade c+ or equivalent.
2.K.C.S.E MEAN GRADE C- or equivalent plus a certificate and Diploma
3.O level Division II or equivalent plus a Diploma.
4.O level Division III or equivalent plus a certificate and diploma
5.O level division III or equivalent plus a 3 year diploma from a recognized post secondary institution for admission to bachelor of education
6.Diploma from recognized instituting and aggregate of C in K.C.S.E or equivalent
7.A level with two principles passes or equivalent in relevant subjects. Only applicants whose results are available at the time of application will be considered.
8.CPA II/CPS II/CIPS or equivalent for commerce and arts and should have attained an aggregate of c in K.C.S.E or O level division III
9.Higher National Diploma in relevant fields and should have attained an aggregate of C in K.C.S.E
10. P1 from a two year post secondary training institution for entry into Bachelor of Education with a minimum KCSE mean grade C or 'O' level Division III
11.Degree From a recognized University

For all the doubting Thomases the scanned document is down here!! i wish you SUCCESS and dont ever listen to negative people just follow your heart and trust GOD.

Get the scanned copy from the Consulate here
http://www.docdroid.net/28cq/kcseembassy.pdf.html
OR here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/127772927/KCSE-Diversity-Requirement-in-Kenya

APPRECIATION
I want to tell everyone of you that you lifted me HIGH in spirit i am so grateful. Many more thanx to Papasan, Dubai-b and Nickelly for a one on one thru Inbox may God bless you abundantly. May God grant you the desires of your hearts.

This is what was posted by Mikiki earlier go through it ok:)

nickelly

What if u av a C- and a certificate of counseling psychology which does not av an examination body. but the college is recognized?

Amen, we are going to sing alleuia songs till the last person go for interview. More success in on the way in Jesus Name. I just feel as to sing a praise song.

Praises misses, just sing its what is called (when praises go up blessings come down).

What if u av a C- and a certificate of counseling psychology which does not av an examination body. but the college is recognized?

You have an advantage why are you worried, its better than nothing you have something to show for and that you are going to pursue this career. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
He chose you among millions guys who applied why are worried.