• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hey guyz am cool ..thanks for keeping the forum alive...went back to the village nairobi was unbearable needed fresh air before i go back to nai , hopefuly wont go past cabanas ..straight to the airport, huku hakuna story za fare na house rent, milk is in plenty and the scenery great ..Blessings to all those who had succesful interviews, and those who are waiting , keep your heads high and pray as long as all you papers are inorder you aint have no reason to worry..asanteni

Hey guyz am cool ..thanks for keeping the forum alive...went back to the village nairobi was unbearable needed fresh air before i go back to nai , hopefuly wont go past cabanas ..straight to the airport, huku hakuna story za fare na house rent, milk is in plenty and the scenery great ..Blessings to all those who had succesful interviews, and those who are waiting , keep your heads high and pray as long as all you papers are inorder you aint have no reason to worry..asanteni

Lol Sambaza hiyo maziwa:p

You have an advantage why are you worried, its better than nothing you have something to show for and that you are going to pursue this career. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
He chose you among millions guys who applied why are worried.

Thanx for ua motivation am filling the forms n will send them in Jesus name.

Had my interview in the morning...success. It went like this:

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints.

I put my fingerprints for verification.

CO: Thanks
Me: No problem
CO: I need you to sign this form...
Me: (signed)
CO:How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
Me: Online
CO: How many times did you apply
Me: Twice
CO: Second time was a charm
Me: Yeah
CO: Looking through my file for my I-134: what is your relationship to ....
Me: She is my aunt
CO: I see that you graduated from .... University with a degree in accounting
Me: Accounting and Law
CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents
Me: Will I need to make a payment and how do I do that
CO: You will receive all details with your package
Me: OK thank you very much
CO: Was that too bad for you? Scary?
Me: Yes, I was a little nervous
CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

Another sucess story.
Congratulations

My interview experience

My interview was scheduled 8am,i got there around 7.40am,security check and showed my appointment letter and passport at the first gate,i proceeded to gate 2 where i got a queue,showed my appointment letter,my name was ticked against their register by a young lady,got in the 2nd gate another security check,at this point you switch off your phone n leave it there.i proceeded to the building where interview takes place,took a number then was told to wait outside(PLEASE DRESS WARMLY,it was so cold outside and you spend most of time waiting outside),i sat for like 2hrs!then my number was called in to window 4,the lady asked me,do you qualify for dv?are you married?ever worked in military? my answers were all no,i handed in my passport,high sch cert,police cert and two passport photos then was told to wait outside,i waited for about 30mins or so,was called in again for fingerprints,then was told to wait for my interview...please note they seemed to interview non-immigrants first...so waiting is taking so long guys.So at around 12.15pm i was called to window 10,a young white lady interviewed me:

Co: Hi, how are you?
Me: am good...
Co: raise your right hand,do you swear.......
me: yes i do
Co: please sign for me here(the forms i sent to kcc)
Me: i did
Co: when did you finish high sch?
me: i answered
Co: what did you do after high sch?
Co:are you an accountant?
me: yes i am
Co: how many years have you worked?
Co: your documents are ok,congratulations am going to approve your visa,she gave me a green paper and a white one on how to pay uscis fee
Me: Thank you!

that was it,it took less than 5 mins,i thank God for his favour..

Please note so many guys were given the yellow paper(AP),just be confident when answering questions,question revolve around the information you gave in the forms you sent to kcc so no need to worry.

All those going for interview this week and days to come i wish you the very best!!

hallo, thanks for sharing you experience. congrats.

Can't put it better dan this. This was exactly how my interview went. I was asked 3 questions ie. what year did i finish high sch, wat did I do after high sch ie. academically. and hw will b sponsorin me as I look for a job in the US. guys its really cold dere and expect to stay dere for a long tym. I took 5hrs in total eventhough d interview took less dan 5 minutes
am so happy for you coz you escaped the AP thing. Congratulations to you

Thank you all for congratulatory messages,guys count yourselves lucky to have found this forum,there was this couple n three children,they went as far as window 4,submitting the documents,they were given they invoice to pay but said it was to high(29,700/- for five pple) and they didnt know the money was supposed to be paid at the embassy,they went back home...not sure whether they returned to make payment...n also if you can change your money to dollars,the better their rate is too high!
We are the lucky ones hmmm.....I hope they were able to do their interview.

howdy house.
first my apologies for going missing on you guys. kazi hapa kazi pale.
congrats to Burudiwinner, Essieta, Abu Hamza, Ricey, Mashaaliyah and evrybody who got their visa.
as you all know i had my interview scheduled for monday next week. unfortunately for some reason i will not be able to attend the interview. i have been trying to reschedule unsuccessfully bit finaly av got a date. July 30th.
what i can tell you is this. once you submit to the will of God He has ur destiny in His hands. it daent matter what your situation may say, what the Co, embassy, KCC, family, haters et al will say. He will see you to the very end.
finaly safe journey to Makiki na ukifika stateside usiwe na tabia ya kusilence like guys have been doing when they get there.
Inshallah and God bless you all.

Hallo, it is nice to hear from you.

Forum I need advice...I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In
2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was
in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have
already filled the forms and sent them to KCC
but did not state that I had been in The
Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an
American visa and was given a 2 year visa and
I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I
am not sure if I stated in the application of the
visitor visa if I had been in The
Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my
dv? Should I resend the forms with that
missing information? Also if I did so I will
certainly need a police clearance from The
Netherlands? Help

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents

Congrats congrats, thank you for sharing you experience.

Congratulations to you BurundiWinner am so happy for you??

Emmah my friend am so happy for you, am so so so happy cant wait to read your story. Essieta, Abu Hamza and BurundiWinner am happy for you all.

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.
hallo makiki, i thank god for the safe journey pole for the delay at the airport.