• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

heloo..my interview experience;
we arrived at the embassy at around 7.30am went through the security checks then headed to the reception where we were handed a no. we sat as we waited for our no. to be called. in about 40 mins. we went to window five where our papers were taken by a very nice lady...she asked whether i qualify with my kcse or o'wise nd i said yes..she gave an invoice to pay...went to the cashier paid nd brought the receipt back to her.we went back to sit and it took close to 1 hr then we went to window 8 for biometrics...nd the waiting continued for like another hr then we were called to window 10.

CO: How are you?
Me: Fine thank you.How are you?
CO: Good.Now i need you both to raise your right hands and swear.. bla bla bla
Me:yes we do swear
CO: need you to sign this forms for you and the kids and the daddy will sign for himself
(we signed)
CO: What did you do after High school
Me: went to college
CO: Good i see u did and completed your CPA
Me: Yes ma'am.
CO: where do you work
Me:i work at ****
CO: How do you intend to support yourself for the first few months in the US
me: we've got some savings.
CO; Congratulations your visa is approved.
handed me a green paper and the one containing details about the payment of usd 165.
that was it guys..i thank GOD

Congs Emma, wow am a CPA too. Yipeeeeeeeeee

Forum I need advice...I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In
2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was
in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have
already filled the forms and sent them to KCC
but did not state that I had been in The
Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an
American visa and was given a 2 year visa and
I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I
am not sure if I stated in the application of the
visitor visa if I had been in The
Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my
dv? Should I resend the forms with that
missing information? Also if I did so I will
certainly need a police clearance from The
Netherlands? Help

Someone please help JONGE!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Congs to all our recent winners, Essieta, Burundi winner, Emma and Abu Hamza. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.
Be blessedooooooo.

Focus on God

First, David was a Great warrior – in fact songs had been composed praising him for killing tens of thousands. He killed Goliath, He killed a lion and even killed a deer but never relied on his previous experience as he encountered each of the situations mentioned above. Friend, this year, do not rely on your experience or past knowledge, instead, focus on God. The Bible says that each time, David enquired of the Lord before he moved. May God grant us the presence of mind to get counsel from HIM for every situation we encounter this year in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. May our focus be to do HIS WILL and to be in HIS WILL concerning every situation in Jesus Precious Name, Amen. Jesus says in John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.” Friend, purpose in your heart, mind and soul that this year will be to you A Year of Focus and that you will focus on enquiring and obeying the will of Our Father who art in heaven.:)

GUYS GOING FOR INTERVIEW

God, I’m about to face a challenging interview. First, thank you for this opportunity. Thank you that you care about providing for my needs. I know I have you on my side in this matter. You are looking out for my best interest and I know you have a perfect job fit for me. If this is that perfect fit, then make it perfectly clear to me and to the CO. Set the tone in the room. I know that first impressions matter a great deal, so help me to be the natural “me” that you have created. Give me a peaceful and sharp mind. Bring to my memory all the knowledge and wisdom that is already there. Let your joy and contentment flow out through my words. And whatever the result, let this process be a blessing to those who review my case, and also to me and my family along the way. Lord, right now I receive your “shalom” peace. I trust you to work in and through this interview process. I trust you to provide for all my needs. And if this is your perfect fit, then let nothing stand in the way. In your name I bless those who will be conducting this interview. Give them wisdom, peace and rest as well. I receive now, ahead of time, your promise – ” I will never leave you or forsake you!” I believe this and oh, do I need it. I don’t go into this interview alone. You are with me. And with that confidence, I am at peace. Help me now to feel that peace. In Jesus…”

Congrats Emma...it's like a big party in here; a lot of good news. You are lucky in Kenya, in UK they estimate 10 working days for the passport to be delivered although the tracking system says the visa has been printed already.

we arrived at the embassy at around 7.30am went through the security checks then headed to the reception where we were handed a no. we sat as we waited for our no. to be called. in about 40 mins. we went to window five where our papers were taken by a very nice lady...she asked whether i qualify with my kcse or o'wise nd i said yes..she gave an invoice to pay...went to the cashier paid nd brought the receipt back to her.we went back to sit and it took close to 1 hr then we went to window 8 for biometrics...nd the waiting continued for like another hr then we were called to window 10.

CO: need you to sign this forms for you and the kids and the daddy will sign for himself
(we signed)
handed me a green paper and the one containing details about the payment of usd 165.

Congratulations Emma,wishing you all the best in your new Life & Safari to USA

(we signed)

Huhuuuuuu:D :D am so happy am so happy, Emmah this was so quick and straight. Welcome to The United States of America.

Focus on God

First, David was a Great warrior – in fact songs had been composed praising him for killing tens of thousands. He killed Goliath, He killed a lion and even killed a deer but never relied on his previous experience as he encountered each of the situations mentioned above. Friend, this year, do not rely on your experience or past knowledge, instead, focus on God. The Bible says that each time, David enquired of the Lord before he moved. May God grant us the presence of mind to get counsel from HIM for every situation we encounter this year in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. May our focus be to do HIS WILL and to be in HIS WILL concerning every situation in Jesus Precious Name, Amen. Jesus says in John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.” Friend, purpose in your heart, mind and soul that this year will be to you A Year of Focus and that you will focus on enquiring and obeying the will of Our Father who art in heaven.:)
Amen my sister, lets put God first in this journey and he will NOT let us down

Forum I need advice...I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In
2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was
in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have
already filled the forms and sent them to KCC
but did not state that I had been in The
Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an
American visa and was given a 2 year visa and
I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I
am not sure if I stated in the application of the
visitor visa if I had been in The
Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my
dv? Should I resend the forms with that
missing information? Also if I did so I will
certainly need a police clearance from The
Netherlands? Help

Hi Jonge,

The general clearance requirement is that you need to get a police certificate from any country you have lived in for atleast 12 months since you turned 16yrs. So if you stayed there for more than a year you will need to get a police certificate. Your request and grant of a visitor visa to the US in 2011 will have no bearing on this application. Hope this helps.

Hi Jonge,

The general clearance requirement is that you need to get a police certificate from any country you have lived in for atleast 12 months since you turned 16yrs. So if you stayed ,there for more than a year you will need to get a police certificate. Your request and grant of a visitor visa to the US in 2011 will have no bearing on this application. Hope this helps.

Thanks RICEY for the advice...so should I refill the forms and send them back to KCC? Should I attach a letter explaining why I omitted it in the first place?

GUYS GOING FOR INTERVIEW

God, I’m about to face a challenging interview. First, thank you for this opportunity. Thank you that you care about providing for my needs. I know I have you on my side in this matter. You are looking out for my best interest and I know you have a perfect job fit for me. If this is that perfect fit, then make it perfectly clear to me and to the CO. Set the tone in the room. I know that first impressions matter a great deal, so help me to be the natural “me” that you have created. Give me a peaceful and sharp mind. Bring to my memory all the knowledge and wisdom that is already there. Let your joy and contentment flow out through my words. And whatever the result, let this process be a blessing to those who review my case, and also to me and my family along the way. Lord, right now I receive your “shalom” peace. I trust you to work in and through this interview process. I trust you to provide for all my needs. And if this is your perfect fit, then let nothing stand in the way. In your name I bless those who will be conducting this interview. Give them wisdom, peace and rest as well. I receive now, ahead of time, your promise – ” I will never leave you or forsake you!” I believe this and oh, do I need it. I don’t go into this interview alone. You are with me. And with that confidence, I am at peace. Help me now to feel that peace. In Jesus…”

Amen.

Hi house,
I need help from those who have been to Nairos and had to travel from other countries. Where did you reside and what are the costs? I need this to make a proper budget. Thanks in advance. We are 2 adults and two little ones. I prefer an apartment coz we gonna be there for about 15 days. Thanks in advance.

Greetings House,

I emailed KCC to inquire the status of my forms am a dv 2014 selectee and this is the reply I got.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of August. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Staci

Diversity Visa Unit

Support Contractor-Serco NA

CA/VO/KCC

Williamsburg, KY

Phone: (606) 526-7500

Fax: (606) 526-7501

Email: KCCDV@state.gov

What do they mean that I check bulletin to locate current numbers coz I bet am gonna be current sometime in Nov or Dec....kindly guys who got experience in this thing Help a brother out.

Thank you for your encouraging words. Please house keep us in your daily prayers we need you to help us be encouraged as we get prepared to going for interview.

GUYS GOING FOR INTERVIEW

God, I¡¯m about to face a challenging interview. First, thank you for this opportunity. Thank you that you care about providing for my needs. I know I have you on my side in this matter. You are looking out for my best interest and I know you have a perfect job fit for me. If this is that perfect fit, then make it perfectly clear to me and to the CO. Set the tone in the room. I know that first impressions matter a great deal, so help me to be the natural ¡°me¡± that you have created. Give me a peaceful and sharp mind. Bring to my memory all the knowledge and wisdom that is already there. Let your joy and contentment flow out through my words. And whatever the result, let this process be a blessing to those who review my case, and also to me and my family along the way. Lord, right now I receive your ¡°shalom¡± peace. I trust you to work in and through this interview process. I trust you to provide for all my needs. And if this is your perfect fit, then let nothing stand in the way. In your name I bless those who will be conducting this interview. Give them wisdom, peace and rest as well. I receive now, ahead of time, your promise ¨C ¡± I will never leave you or forsake you!¡± I believe this and oh, do I need it. I don¡¯t go into this interview alone. You are with me. And with that confidence, I am at peace. Help me now to feel that peace. In Jesus¡*¡±