• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Dressing for the Interview!

House of winners,so far i have seen tht one should be dressed warmly but i need to knw one thing on a clear note... official outfit or decent casual??

hi,guys need your prayers.Just did my medicals today for a family of five we were all cleared except my boy 8yrs who had traces of t.b, and further tests had to be done that is the chest x-ray. am told results would be available next week and that is precisely the time am having my interview. Keep me in prayers guys, Nickelly ur an inspiration with your daily quotes, am inspired already as i know the visa is mine in Jesus name. To essieta, Abu Hamza ,burundiwinner, emma the weeks been good to you, also keep us in prayer those facing the co next week. Bless all.

Cera,do a decent casual..warm jacket or sweater a must!otherwise signing forms will b difficult coz of shivering hahaaa

Alukaoloo,it shall b well just put ur trust in God..all those going for interview next wk,there is nothing to fear,questions r simple n the favour of God is upon you

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.

It's a weekend in a summer texas town. How is america? Congratulations on your safe journey and your a true forumist. You reported your experience from NAS.....its takes guts to "think" after 16hrs of flying.
Congratulations also to all those guys who got visas last week. You have set a precedent that is valueless. God bless you all and don't loose focus of your vision.

hallo forumates long time forgive for taking a leave,iam well but so busy with exams but thank God am thru with that jana.back with good news am current huraaaaaaaaay fina ly the day has come the lon wait is closer to us .congrats to the visa holders n succesful inteviews very encouraging.those due to the interview succes on the way,for us waiting for the 2nd nl we are coming closer n closer.for the rest you are a month away to all of you becoming current a little more patience.

GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER.
Exodus 14:21-22

And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

This is the Red Sea crossover and it is a “crossover” from a place of slavery to a place of liberty. Friend, get ready for seen and unseen chains to break off from your life in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Chains that want you to remain a slave to people, systems, etc are being destroyed in Jesus Mighty name, Amen. In this crossover, your master will not release you willingly but will desperately pursue you but friend, GET READY FOR A CROSSOVER. Yes, this crossover is for you to step from a place of hard labor to a place of divine provision in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. This is a “crossover” that will cause you be paid for all the years you have been overworked, underpaid, mistreated and degraded. This is a “crossover” that will lead to a physical relocation as you move to a place God has ordained for you. Friend, prepare for a Crossover to your spiritual liberty where you will worship God freely without anxiety and worries. Prepare to crossover to new heights in your prayer and intercessory life, new heights in a new breeze in your finances, an all round crossover in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.
Remember this, no devil, no force, no divination, no sorcery can stop your “crossover” in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. Pharaoh and all the horses and chariots drowned while pursuing the children of Israel. The forces of darkness against your “crossover” will be rendered powerless in Jesus Great Name. Amen. The Red Sea and River Jordan all had to obey and submit to the time of “crossover” for the children of Israel. Today, I call forth everything necessary for you to step into your “crossover” time in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

Amen..finally we've crossed over to being "current".

God is good.

Cheers

Guys, it would be unfair for me to sleep with such great news. Thanks for all your prayers. I got my visa today and must say all the glory belongs to God. He has seen us through. My experience was quite brief though the waiting was something else. That reminds me: for those yet to go for their interviews, please remember to dress warm. And if with kids, dress very warm. Waiting outside the main consular building in the mornings is quite chilly. We arrived at the embassy at 6.15am for our 6.30am appointment. There was already a small group of others waiting. Went through the first security check in good time but were delayed on the second one as they were allowing the guys with the non-immigrant applications to get in first. So after about 50 guys going in, those of us with immigrant applications were allowed in. That must have been afew minutes to 8am. The initial checks went well and one thing i learned and would like to advice those yet to go is that it is important to have all your documents nicely arranged and ready to be given when requested. It shows you are organised and that’s a plus. That helped me alot considering i had papers for a family of five to cater for. The guys on the initial counters were very helpful. My interview went something like this:
CO: Good morning
ME: Morning Ma’am
CO: Kindly raise your right hands and swear that all the info you have already given on the forms and will give today is the truth
WE: We did
CO: Please append your signatures on the application forms
WE: We did
CO: What did you do after you finished high school?
ME: Did my bachelors degree.........................
CO: What do u do now?
ME: Answered her
CO: You realise that the US does not take care of any of your relocation costs. How do you intend to take care of yourself over the first few months in the US?
ME: Answered her that I had some savings
CO: Congratulations Sir. (She handed me the green info leaf for visa approval, DHL info and the forms for payment of the USCIS fee.
ME: Thanks alot and have a good day.
That was all. We were out of there by 9.45am and we thank God for being so faithful. We are praying for the rest of us who still have to go and waiting for their second notification letters. Put your trust in God: He will come through for you too. Now still soaking it in and will pick the visas next week.

Congrats..:):)

Backbenchers DV 2013:
Looks like we are gonna crown de interviews in Sept '13 coz Aug bulletin just left us. More patience needed, i guess.

I also read that more DV 2014 entries may be selected in October, a window for those who missed out in the May 2013 selection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my interview in the morning...success. It went like this:

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints.

I put my fingerprints for verification.

CO: Thanks
Me: No problem
CO: I need you to sign this form...
Me: (signed)
CO:How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
Me: Online
CO: How many times did you apply
Me: Twice
CO: Second time was a charm
Me: Yeah
CO: Looking through my file for my I-134: what is your relationship to ....
Me: She is my aunt
CO: I see that you graduated from .... University with a degree in accounting
Me: Accounting and Law
CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents
Me: Will I need to make a payment and how do I do that
CO: You will receive all details with your package
Me: OK thank you very much
CO: Was that too bad for you? Scary?
Me: Yes, I was a little nervous
CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

félicitations..:):)

howdy house.
first my apologies for going missing on you guys. kazi hapa kazi pale.
congrats to Burudiwinner, Essieta, Abu Hamza, Ricey, Mashaaliyah and evrybody who got their visa.
as you all know i had my interview scheduled for monday next week. unfortunately for some reason i will not be able to attend the interview. i have been trying to reschedule unsuccessfully bit finaly av got a date. July 30th.
what i can tell you is this. once you submit to the will of God He has ur destiny in His hands. it daent matter what your situation may say, what the Co, embassy, KCC, family, haters et al will say. He will see you to the very end.
finaly safe journey to Makiki na ukifika stateside usiwe na tabia ya kusilence like guys have been doing when they get there.
Inshallah and God bless you all.
first my apologies for going missing on you guys. kazi hapa kazi pale.
tunaelewa..:p
July 30th.
That's my birthday:p:p

All the best.

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas. We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.

This is MaKiki reporting all the way from Naval Air Station (NAS) Fort Worth, Joint Reserve Base (JRB), Texas.
...take it home(I like this)..acha nikuchokoze kiasi r u auditioning to be a journalist..career change ama??:p:p

We just landed today morning at 08:30am. Ok, after we managed to cancel my dota's ticket and booked afresh we traveled from NRB to Doha where we slept at a very beautiful Hotel and by 5am we received a wake up call to go take breakfast and be taken to the airport for a US flight. The flight took 16hrs and 40 Minutes so we got to Houston at 5pm and the queue was long then we were shown to go wait in the immigration room which took 4hrs to clear and this made us miss a 7:40pm flight to Dallas so we had to sleep at the airport coz we got re schedule for a 07:20am flight. When we got to Dallas our host was there waiting for us she took us all the way to her work place where she has a dorm that has two beds, Tv, Coffee maker, Microwave, Fridge, Ac and a bathroom am writing all these because to me its rare for Kenyan Airforce to receive resting rooms or dorms that has all these. This is where am writing from since we have to wait for her to work till 5pm then we proceed to her house. This place is beautiful and these people really take care of there citizens and others. Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free. But her she has a house 30 minutes away from the AirBase where she stays with her family. I will keep you posted for more steps but right now i need to sleep coz that floor at the airport wasnt comfortable at all.
[/QUOTE]
I will keep you posted
kindly do:):).

Wish i could join the airforce coz all these you get for free.
I tend to disagree,in this world,nothing for free...the best things are priceless...(my 2 cents)

heloo..my interview experience;
we arrived at the embassy at around 7.30am went through the security checks then headed to the reception where we were handed a no. we sat as we waited for our no. to be called. in about 40 mins. we went to window five where our papers were taken by a very nice lady...she asked whether i qualify with my kcse or o'wise nd i said yes..she gave an invoice to pay...went to the cashier paid nd brought the receipt back to her.we went back to sit and it took close to 1 hr then we went to window 8 for biometrics...nd the waiting continued for like another hr then we were called to window 10.

CO: How are you?
Me: Fine thank you.How are you?
CO: Good.Now i need you both to raise your right hands and swear.. bla bla bla
Me:yes we do swear
CO: need you to sign this forms for you and the kids and the daddy will sign for himself
(we signed)
CO: What did you do after High school
Me: went to college
CO: Good i see u did and completed your CPA
Me: Yes ma'am.
CO: where do you work
Me:i work at ****
CO: How do you intend to support yourself for the first few months in the US
me: we've got some savings.
CO; Congratulations your visa is approved.
handed me a green paper and the one containing details about the payment of usd 165.
that was it guys..i thank GOD

Way to gooo..

Cheers.

hi,guys need your prayers.Just did my medicals today for a family of five we were all cleared except my boy 8yrs who had traces of t.b, and further tests had to be done that is the chest x-ray. am told results would be available next week and that is precisely the time am having my interview. Keep me in prayers guys, Nickelly ur an inspiration with your daily quotes, am inspired already as i know the visa is mine in Jesus name. To essieta, Abu Hamza ,burundiwinner, emma the weeks been good to you, also keep us in prayer those facing the co next week. Bless all.

DONT WORRY THE BOY IS FINE HE GOT A REACTION my son had the same problem ok

Forum I need advice...I was selected for dv2014 but have an issue. In
2002 - 2003 I over stayed my visa while I was
in The Netherlands for about 8 months. I have
already filled the forms and sent them to KCC
but did not state that I had been in The
Netherlands...however in 2011 I applied for an
American visa and was given a 2 year visa and
I did go to The US for 10 days then returned...I
am not sure if I stated in the application of the
visitor visa if I had been in The
Netherlands...will this cause a problem for my
dv? Should I resend the forms with that
missing information? Also if I did so I will
certainly need a police clearance from The
Netherlands? Help

For the best results,u need to state the truth about ur whereabouts.As to ur overstay in the Netherlands,u wont need to say anything unless u r expressly asked about it.

Should I resend the forms with that missing information?
this would be best.

Also if I did so I will certainly need a police clearance from The Netherlands?
definitely since u spent more that 6 months over there.

Hope it works out for u.

August bulletin out,africa 81200

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5993.html

Finally....yippieeeee:):):)

MonthDV 99-2kDV 2k0-1DV 2k1-2DV 2k2-3DV 2k3-4DV 2k4-5DV 2k5-6DV 2k6-7DV 2k7-8DV 2k8-9Dv 2k9-10Dv 2k10-11DV 2k11-12Dv 2k12-13
October12,00112,5004,6509,3009,9006,0005,700 except Egypt 3,100 Ethiopia 3,500 Nigeria 2,7006,700 except Egypt 3,400 Ethiopia 2,900 Nigeria 4,7006,900 except Egypt 3,100 Ethiopia 3,600 Nigeria 3,3508,300 except Egypt 3,100 Ethiopia 3,900 Nigeria 5,5009,000 except Egypt 5,050 Ethiopia 7,450 Nigeria 7,4508,500 except Egypt 5,000 Ethiopia 7,000 Nigeria 7,0008,000 except Egypt 5,500 Ethiopia 5,500 Nigeria 5,500
November12,70412,9037,80011,700 except Egypt Ethiopia 9,000 Nigeria10,300 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 9,9006,000 except Egypt Ethiopia 4,600 Nigeria 3,7008,500 except Egypt 5,600 Ethiopia 5,600 Nigeria 4,30010,000 except Egypt 6,000 Ethiopia 5,000 Nigeria 6,30012,500 except Egypt 5,900 Ethiopia 6,300 Nigeria 6,00014,000 except Egypt 6,200 Ethiopia 6,700 Nigeria 8,70012,000 except Egypt 9,300 Ethiopia 11,000 Nigeria 10,00013,000 except Egypt 8,000 Ethiopia 10,000 Nigeria 10,00013,900 except Egypt 6,600 Ethiopia 9,100 Nigeria 8,500
December12,800 except Ghana 6,040 Ethiopia Nigeria 5,80113,8009,80014,450 except Ethiopia 12,40014,000 except Nigeria 11,3007,500 except Ethiopia 6,800 Nigeria 5,40010,300 except Egypt 7,700 Ethiopia 7,300 Nigeria 5,90011,000 except Egypt 8,400 Ethiopia 6,950 Nigeria 6,90015,100 except Egypt 8,700 Ethiopia 7,900 Nigeria 6,70017,800 except Egypt 9,100 Ethiopia 9,000 Nigeria 10,40015,650 except Egypt 12,600 Ethiopia 12,250 Nigeria 10,85018,500 except Egypt 12,700 Ethiopia 13,560 Nigeria 12,00015,500 except Egypt 8,300 Ethiopia 14,800 Nigeria 10,000
January12,800 except Ghana 6,040 Ethiopia Nigeria 5,80114,000
11,50017,700 except Egypt 11,000 Ethiopia 15,600 Nigeria 15,40017,400 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 14,6009,000 except Egypt Ethiopia 6,400 Nigeria 5,40011,000 except Egypt 10900 Ethiopia 9000 Nigeria 700013,100 except Egypt 11,000 Ethiopia 8,600 Nigeria 7,20018,300 except Egypt 10,800 Ethiopia 10,000 Nigeria 8,40023,400 except Egypt 12,300 Ethiopia 12,475 Nigeria 12,90020,900 except Egypt 16,000 Ethiopia 13,200 Nigeria 12,10024,700 except Egypt 16,800 Ethiopia 16,800 Nigeria 14,50018,100 except Egypt 10,900 Ethiopia 16,700 Nigeria 10,000
February13,800 except Ghana 6,040 Ethiopia Nigeria 5,80114,10012,25020,400 except Egypt Ethiopia 18,600 Nigeria 15,40020,225 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 17,60011,600 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 815011,850 except Egypt 13,300 Ethiopia 10,800 Nigeria 7,60016,200 except Egypt 13,300 Ethiopia 10,200 Nigeria 7,70023,300 except Egypt 13,300 Ethiopia 11,650 Nigeria 9,50027,500 except Egypt 15,600 Ethiopia 14,700 Nigeria 14,00026,100 except Egypt 20,200 Ethiopia 15,000 Nigeria 12,10032,000 except Egypt 21,000 Ethiopia 21,500 Nigeria 16,00022,000 except Egypt 13,000 Ethiopia 20,400 Nigeria 11,000
March14,801 except Egypt Ghana 6,040 Nigeria 6,77014,1001415023,200 except Egypt Ethiopia 21,900 Nigeria 16,47522,800 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 17,60014,200 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 9,55015,250 except Egypt Ethiopia 13,300 Nigeria 9,12518,500 except Egypt 15,700 Ethiopia 12,100 Nigeria 8,75026,800 except Egypt 16,000 Ethiopia 13,800 Nigeria 9,90029,600 except Egypt 18,000 Ethiopia 16,950 Nigeria 14,35031,950 except Egypt 24,275 Ethiopia 18,650 Nigeria 13,10035,800 except Egypt 26,000 Ethiopia 26,000 Nigeria 17,50025,850 except Egypt 15,600 Ethiopia 24,400 Nigeria 12,150
April16,780 except Ghana 6,620 Nigeria 8,06014,100 except Egypt Ethiopia 16,800 Nigeria12,80016,50024,800 except Egypt Ethiopia 24,100 Nigeria 16,47525,100 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 19,70016,950 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 10,90017,700 except Egypt Ethiopia 15,400 Nigeria 10,75021,500 except Egypt 17,900 Ethiopia 14,150 Nigeria 9,90026,900 except Egypt 17,400 Ethiopia 15,700 Nigeria 9,90031,700 except Egypt 20,800 Ethiopia 19,300 Nigeria 14,60035,450 except Egypt 27,000 Ethiopia 22,150 Nigeria 14,10039,000 except Egypt 29,500 Ethiopia 29,500 Nigeria 20,00033,500 except Egypt 19,175 Ethiopia 29,700 Nigeria 14,500
May19950 except Ghana 8,120 Nigeria 8,06014,75017,00019,88026,200 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 16,50027,700 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 21,30020,400 except Egypt Ethiopia 18950 Nigeria 12,35020,550 except Egypt 20,500 Ethiopia 17100 Nigeria 12,37526,700 except Egypt 20,500 Ethiopia 16,000 Nigeria 11,60032,400 except Egypt 19,150 Ethiopia 17,750 Nigeria 11,55039,200 except Egypt 23,600 Ethiopia 22,500 Nigeria 16,20042,000 except Egypt 31,200 Ethiopia 26,200 Nigeria 15,45050,000 except Egypt 33,000 Ethiopia 33,000 Nigeria 25,00043,400 except Egypt 19,175
Ethiopia 29,700
Nigeria 14,500.
June23,450 except Ghana 9,03019,93021,40026,10028,300 except Ghana 11,500 Nigeria 16,50028,450 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 21,40023,500 except Egypt Ethiopia 20,400 Nigeria 13,40027,000 except Egypt 21,800 Ethiopia 18,900 Nigeria 14,60032,000 except Egypt 22,000 Ethiopia 17,750 Nigeria 13,00039,600 except Egypt 20,650 Ethiopia 19,500 Nigeria 12,75045,600 except Egypt 24,200 Ethiopia 25,100 Nigeria 17,50049,300 except Egypt 34,300 Ethiopia 28,525 Nigeria 17,150CURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria56,000 except Egypt 25,000
Ethiopia 36,000
Nigeria 17,000.
July26,600 except Ghana 10,72024,700 except Ethiopia 19,70025,65031,65032,500 except Ghana 22,000 Nigeria 1710032,800 except Ethiopia 29,400 Nigeria 2330027,850 except Ethiopia 22,800 Nigeria 14,67535,500 except Egypt 22,600 Ethiopia 22,900 Nigeria 16,15038,050 except Egypt 25,000 Ethiopia 19,800 Nigeria 14,65048,700 except Egypt 21,600 Ethiopia 21,100 Nigeria 14,40054,100 except Egypt 24,500 Ethiopia 25,100 Nigeria 18,85057,600 except Egypt 35,000 Ethiopia 30,650 Nigeria 18500CURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria66,700 except Egypt 50,000 Ethiopia 50,000 Nigeria 17,775
August28,850 except Nigeria 13,67529,150 except Ethiopia 24,10033,25037,20034,300 except Ghana 22,000 Nigeria 17,10039,500 except Ethiopia 30,10033,900 except Ethiopia 24,100 Nigeria 16,00047,000 except Egypt 31,000 Ethiopia 22,800 Nigeria 16,60064,300 except Egypt 22,750 Ethiopia 22,800 Nigeria 15,65064,300 except Egypt 22,750 Ethiopia 25,625 Nigeria 22,00071,800 except Egypt 32,400 Ethiopia NigeriaCURRENT except Egypt Etiopia NigeriaCURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria81,200 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 19,800
SeptCURRENT except Nigeria 13,676CURRENT49,350 except Ethiopia 43,50035,450 except Ghana 27,600 Nigeria 18,60046,700 except Ethiopia 32,500CURRENT except Egypt 24,300 Ethiopia 25,300CURRENT except Egypt 22,600 Ethiopia 16,000 Nigeria 20,70062,300 except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria 18,450CURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia 26,350 NigeriaCURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia 32,700 NigeriaCURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia NigeriaCURRENT except Egypt Ethiopia Nigeriaexcept Egypt Ethiopia Nigeria

Life goes on...:p:p:p