• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Sm1smom please tell us what our kids will be doing for all those 3 months if we get there by June kindly give us information that can help them mingle with others. I know you mentioned early about Bible vocational something what else please. I checked the summer enrolment where am heading to and they closed on 18th April could there be other summer school thing for the kids

Summer period while it's meant to be a stress-free enjoyment time for the kids can sometimes be boring and burdensome especially for working parents with younger kids. Depending on where on is based, there may not be a lot of options regarding summer programs. And where they have programs, those programs may be just for like a couple of days, they're not run for the entire duration of the summer holiday. You will need to do a lot of diligent searching to find activities to keep your kids occupied during the summer period.

Trying searching to see if your city has something like a YMCA or a YWCA, these are non-profit organizations that run summer programs. some also run after-school programs during the school session. Also check to see if your city has a Boys and Girls Club, it's another non profit organization for kids.

• Vacation Bibile School (like I previously mentioned)
  • Library Events: Most libraries offer themed activity days that may include book readings, related crafts and hands-on learning. For example, a fire safety day might feature stories about firefighters, a dress up time where kids can put on a firefighter's gear and a visit from a real fire truck so kids can see how it works. Contact your local library for information.
  • Arts and Crafts activities at your local museum
  • Parks and Recreational Activities: Many parks and recreation departments set up a summer schedule of day-long activities for kids. You need to check your city's local parks and recreation department website to see what activities they have available.
  • Free Summer Movies: Some movie thearters offer free (or cheap) movie viewing events for kids. Some Parks also offer free out-door movie viewing events.

If there's a need for advance registration which needs to take place before your arrival, discuss the possibility of your Host registering your kids on your behalf before your arrival to guarantee a spot. Hope you find something to engage your kid during the summer months.

Sm1

Summer period while it's meant to be a stress-free enjoyment time for the kids can sometimes be boring and burdensome especially for working parents with younger kids. Depending on where on is based, there may not be a lot of options regarding summer programs. And where they have programs, those programs may be just for like a couple of days, they're not run for the entire duration of the summer holiday. You will need to do a lot of diligent searching to find activities to keep your kids occupied during the summer period.

Trying searching to see if your city has something like a YMCA or a YWCA, these are non-profit organizations that run summer programs. some also run after-school programs during the school session. Also check to see if your city has a Boys and Girls Club, it's another non profit organization for kids.

• Vacation Bibile School (like I previously mentioned)
  • Library Events: Most libraries offer themed activity days that may include book readings, related crafts and hands-on learning. For example, a fire safety day might feature stories about firefighters, a dress up time where kids can put on a firefighter's gear and a visit from a real fire truck so kids can see how it works. Contact your local library for information.
  • Arts and Crafts activities at your local museum
  • Parks and Recreational Activities: Many parks and recreation departments set up a summer schedule of day-long activities for kids. You need to check your city's local parks and recreation department website to see what activities they have available.
  • Free Summer Movies: Some movie thearters offer free (or cheap) movie viewing events for kids. Some Parks also offer free out-door movie viewing events.

If there's a need for advance registration which needs to take place before your arrival, discuss the possibility of your Host registering your kids on your behalf before your arrival to guarantee a spot. Hope you find something to engage your kid during the summer months.

Sm1

Thank you sooo much let me start by googling them one by one

You are a real wonderful lady having adopted those kids shows how good you are at heart. There is a bright future for you and the kids just keep your eyes open the opportunity will come to you. Super mom you are, Ash!! Keep shining.

Something doesn't add up here. How did ash inform KCC if that was the time she was applying for greencard? Can we get more info on this pls. What was the 2nl showing as beneficiaries? I mean its not adding up logically.

NLN means No Last Name, am feeling so bad as in this is their mistake and they should be the ones rectifying and not denying you the visa which was yours. My day is just bad :( this is not right

Pole, I think i get it now. It was so mean of them. Everything happens for a reason and i love the way you have taken it in. I celebrate you for coming back to the forum and reporting your process. In my mind you are the real winner. God bless you.

Hey Ash,

I'm sorry to read of your visa denial, it seems like an unexpected blow that came out of nowwhere. Almost everyone so far that has responded to this unfortunate situation seem to be certain the denial is as a result of some sort of incompetence/negligence on KCC's part. Is it possible Ash could have had some over-sight on her part too that contributed to this? I'm sorry this may sound harsh or unsympathetic, (it's certainly not what ASh wants to hear at this point, I wouldn't want to either if I was in her situation)
after spending so much and building up such a high hope, but some things don't seem to add up and hard questions need need to be asked.

• It doesn't make sense that KCC would prepare and have your file dated January 2012, when Selectees where announced in May 2012
  • Did you fill out a separate form DS-230 for the baby following your selection?
  • Do you have a copy of this form to confirm it was correctly filled out with the baby's last name and all of his necessary information as required?
  • Did you include the baby's birth certificate in the package sent to KCC?
  • Was the baby's document sent along with the rest of that of your family or was it sent separately?

Just so many questions and stuff that's hard for one to comprehend regarding this case. Anyway, it's not the end of the world (yeah, it's easier for those of us not in your situation to mouth stuff like this), but it's the truth. Pick yourself up and dust off the disappointment, God's plans for your life are still on track!

All the best to you and your family!
Sm1

I have more questions than answers. Though i sympathize with ash, i wish you can provide more info. The forum is posterity and everything here is a case study to help our bro
thers/sisters who will need the info later.

Hello

I am really saddened to hear your visa denial. You have contributed a lot in this thread and helped many people here to have peace of mind in this adventure.

By the way, I am one the guests who come from time to time to read your posts in this thread. It is true that I never contributed in your discussions but I have posted several times in other threads and I even opened a new one to account for my interview outcome a couple of weeks ago. I would like to take the opportunity to thank PAPASAN for creating this thread back in May 2012. I was already there when it was created.

I don’t want to excuse those guests but please don’t blame them for their silence. Believe me if someone feels the need to write something the person will do it freely.

I am posting today because I feel the need to give back what I have learned throughout this DV process from the day I learned that I was selected until today. I also hope my post will be of any help to Ash.

As Sm1mom has pointed, her case raises many questions:

- Ash, if you had a baby in December 2011, that is after you entered the DV lottery by filling the e-DV form.
- Did you send DS-230 for the baby when you were informed of your selection on or after May 1, 2012?
- The case creation date is normally the date you entered the DV lottery by filling the form online. It can not extend November 3, 2011, the last day to enter the lottery. For what I know, all creation date in the DV process starts the day the lottery is open (October 3 for the year 2011) and ends the last day of the lottery (November 5 for the year 2011).
- If you go to this web site ( https://ceac.state.gov), you should be able to check your interview outcome. Make sure to fill your case number correctly. If your number is 2013AF00001000, just put 2013AF1000.
- You will be able to see your interview outcome page. You will see the case creation date which should be between October and November 2011. You also see the status updated date. This date changes whenever your case is open by the embassy/consulate. And the interview outcome can be “READY”, “ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING” “ISSUED”….”REFUSED”.
- Again what does your 2NL says? With this letter you should have known if the baby is taken into account in your DV application or not and by then would have known how to deal with this situation.
- Did you get deny only because the baby has his name with the word NLN?

So again it is very strange to hear from the embassy that your case creation date was January 2012. Do you mean January 2013. Even this is hard to conceive according to the DV process.

Good luck!

am saddend by what happend to our dearly Ash but everythn happens for a reason! many are the plans of a man but only the Lords plans prevails.

They seem to want only scientists, the only field i see close to what i have is number 2 although am not sure coz it says Financial and investment analysts while am an accountant, eish.

hey catchme we r on the same field! I was trying to figure it out too

I have more questions than answers. Though i sympathize with ash, i wish you can provide more info. The forum is posterity and everything here is a case study to help our bro
thers/sisters who will need the info later.

Am equally sorry 4 Ash. Just wonderihng if i might face de same challenge. and if so,what can i do to arrest the situation. My son was born in Nov.2012. I sent his form a week b4 i I received 2nd Nl coz thats when i got his birth cert.

Am equally sorry 4 Ash. Just wonderihng if i might face de same challenge. and if so,what can i do to arrest the situation. My son was born in Nov.2012. I sent his form a week b4 i I received 2nd Nl coz thats when i got his birth cert.

Is your son listed as a derivative/dependent on your interview letter? If he's not, you may also end up with a denial. After receiving your 2NL, did you contact KCC to find out how a new NL showing your son's name could be made available? You should begin to email/call both KCC and your interviewing Embassy to find out what steps you need to take at this stage. But if he's listed on your interview notification, then you just might be ok.

Sm1smom has answered you very well, how come the birth certificate took like 4 months to get?

Please my fellow members there things you need to go after seriously in my town a birth certificate takes a month to get but atleast you get a birth notification from the hospital try to send that with a note that a birth will be issued in few months to avoid denials when the D Day is here.

Hello

I am really saddened to hear your visa denial. You have contributed a lot in this thread and helped many people here to have peace of mind in this adventure.

By the way, I am one the guests who come from time to time to read your posts in this thread. It is true that I never contributed in your discussions but I have posted several times in other threads and I even opened a new one to account for my interview outcome a couple of weeks ago. I would like to take the opportunity to thank PAPASAN for creating this thread back in May 2012. I was already there when it was created.

I don’t want to excuse those guests but please don’t blame them for their silence. Believe me if someone feels the need to write something the person will do it freely.

I am posting today because I feel the need to give back what I have learned throughout this DV process from the day I learned that I was selected until today. I also hope my post will be of any help to Ash.

As Sm1mom has pointed, her case raises many questions:

- Ash, if you had a baby in December 2011, that is after you entered the DV lottery by filling the e-DV form.
- Did you send DS-230 for the baby when you were informed of your selection on or after May 1, 2012?
- The case creation date is normally the date you entered the DV lottery by filling the form online. It can not extend November 3, 2011, the last day to enter the lottery. For what I know, all creation date in the DV process starts the day the lottery is open (October 3 for the year 2011) and ends the last day of the lottery (November 5 for the year 2011).
- If you go to this web site ( https://ceac.state.gov), you should be able to check your interview outcome. Make sure to fill your case number correctly. If your number is 2013AF00001000, just put 2013AF1000.
- You will be able to see your interview outcome page. You will see the case creation date which should be between October and November 2011. You also see the status updated date. This date changes whenever your case is open by the embassy/consulate. And the interview outcome can be “READY”, “ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING” “ISSUED”….”REFUSED”.
- Again what does your 2NL says? With this letter you should have known if the baby is taken into account in your DV application or not and by then would have known how to deal with this situation.
- Did you get deny only because the baby has his name with the word NLN?

So again it is very strange to hear from the embassy that your case creation date was January 2012. Do you mean January 2013. Even this is hard to conceive according to the DV process.

Good luck!

Matap thank you for coming up with this and please we need you so dont go missing. For clarity let me use my case for others to see.

Example: Mine looks like this

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Issued
Immigrant Visa Case Number:2013AF2**** 01 NRB
Case Creation Date:03-Nov-2011
Status Updated Date:19-Mar-2013

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Your search has returned multiple results. Please select the Case Number to display the status.
Case NumberStatus
2013AF2**** 01 NRBIssued
2013AF2**** 02 NRBIssued
2013AF2**** 03 NRBIssued

Close

NOTE: We did our interview late February but when we received our Visas one had typo error so we were asked to return all our visas plus the yellow envelopes. The old visa that was issued in February got cancelled and we got new visas on 19th March. They are very accurate even on their dates so even our status changed to 19th March and not the initial Late February. I dont think KCC could have made a mistake on files and dates. Only Ash knows the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Case

The following is a refused Case

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Refused
Immigrant Visa Case Number:2013AF2XXXX 01 ADD
Case Creation Date:03-Nov-2011
Status Updated Date:30-Apr-2013

Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Your search has returned multiple results. Please select the Case Number to display the status.
Case NumberStatus
2013AF2XXXX 01 ADDRefused
2013AF2XXXX 02 ADDRefused

Close

Please guys ensure you go through the instrucions given dont assume things ask .Guys are here to help each other IF U HAVE A PRIVATE ISSUE THERE IS BOX THAT HAS PRIVACY TEXT there is email text makiki papsan and the newcommer who showed us visa status thanks a GODS BLESSINGS

I am equally confused. The 2NL has his name with the word NLN. Meaning incomplete. We presented the birth certificate but the CO insisted that he is not on the file. They had a print out with all the names except his. So am wondering whether I informed them too late or what. I dont know. But it was out right denial because we did not meet the requirements. So no presentation of more documents.

The problem is not the incompleteness. The CO must just have had his/her own biases. Ideally incompleteness requires more documentation or more information to make it complete, it should not lead to denial. I am not sure whether you would want to appeal. Take courage let the LORD, GOD show you what is right to do as HE only knows what is best for you. Many blessings.

Is your son listed as a derivative/dependent on your interview letter? If he's not, you may also end up with a denial. After receiving your 2NL, did you contact KCC to find out how a new NL showing your son's name could be made available? You should begin to email/call both KCC and your interviewing Embassy to find out what steps you need to take at this stage. But if he's listed on your interview notification, then you just might be ok.

We sent an inquiry to KCC way before the baby was born. They told us to either send his forms to them or go with them to the embassy on the day of the interview together with the birth cert. Normal birth cert takes 3 months to process. We sent the forms to KCC once we got the cert. I have read of cases where newborns were presented on the day of the interview and visas were granted. AM JUST CONFUSED! Ash pls shed some more light as to what may have happened.

I am so glad that JESUS loves me...JESUS loves me....JESUS loves me. I am so glad that JESUS loves me...JESUS loves even me. Ladies and gentlemen, JESUS loves you all. I pray and wish everyone success in our interviews. Remember HONESTY is very critical during the interview. I was there for a non-immigrant visa couple of weeks ago and I got it to the glory of GOD. I will be in the US shortly and then come back to prepare for my DV interview with my family which I have rescheduled because the date given is not tenable for me or any of my dependants. I know we will get it in JESUS name.

Hi Ronnyblessed,

I thought that when you're in line waiting for a DV interview you cannot get a visitors visa. please shed some light.

Thanks

I am so glad that JESUS loves me...JESUS loves me....JESUS loves me. I am so glad that JESUS loves me...JESUS loves even me. Ladies and gentlemen, JESUS loves you all. I pray and wish everyone success in our interviews. Remember HONESTY is very critical during the interview. I was there for a non-immigrant visa couple of weeks ago and I got it to the glory of GOD. I will be in the US shortly and then come back to prepare for my DV interview with my family which I have rescheduled because the date given is not tenable for me or any of my dependants. I know we will get it in JESUS name.

Can you please tell the house how you managed to Reschedule the Interview since their website for rescheduling has no open dates yet. I have like 4 friends who really need the way forward coz they have not yet successfully secured that rescheduling. Please
Kindly shed some light here :confused:
Hi Ronnyblessed,

I thought that when you're in line waiting for a DV interview you cannot get a visitors visa. please shed some light.

Thanks

Well well i wanted to ask this question but am glad you have asked him.