• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Guys instructions are always stated here that's why people have to be careful and follow instructions. Don't assume, these guys are always straight forward don't ignore and then you lose that chance.

Step 2: Preparing and Submitting your Forms and Photographs

Note: Family members refer only to your spouse and unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery. If you have gotten married, or had additional children since entering the DV lottery, or your immediate family situation has changed, include notification of these changes by sending an updated Form DS-230 to the Kentucky Consular Center.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY

On your entry, you must list your spouse (husband or wife), and all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless
of whether or not they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States,
with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. A spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident will not require or be issued a DV visa. Failure to comply with this instruction can result in the disqualification of your entry

Hi everybody.can somebody tell me what nln means?how will this affect our visa issuance.in my 2nl they have advised that i take the completed documents during the the interview.this nln has appeared at the end of all my children's names.pls advise
case no.2013af00044***
interview date june
The above case looks similar to ASH case,please enlighten us so that we can help you.Did you go through Ash case,is it similar to you r case losiamoi?:confused:

The above case looks similar to ASH case,please enlighten us so that we can help you.Did you go through Ash case,is it similar to you r case losiamoi?:confused:

To get over the Nln issue, make sure you have the certified birth certificate i.e the long version with all details of the children( has both parents name,date/time of birth). If its a replacement, swear an affidavit giving reasons why you had it replaced.
The US embassy are guided by law when issuing the visa and they strictly follow what the law says in accordance with issuance of a visa.
Ash case with all due respect had some worrying inconsistencies which were not clarified. Probably she knows things we don't and thus we can't use it as case study. I would urge each and everyone going for an interview with family to review word by word the 2nl and if there is anything that is not clear they should not hesitate to enquire from the US embassy.

Today's quote

Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts:)

Hi everybody.can somebody tell me what nln means?how will this affect our visa issuance.in my 2nl they have advised that i take the completed documents during the the interview.this nln has appeared at the end of all my children's names.pls advise
case no.2013af00044***
interview date june

NLN Means No Last Name; I will start by asking did you write 3 names in every DS230 forms you sent to KCC of each child? This is how we wrote for our daughter and even where you are asked to list names of all children we wrote all her three names First Middle Family (Surname). I will only advice you to just be calm. By the way my daughter only uses two names first and middle even her birth certificate and passport has those two names and when her visa was issued it was issued using those two names. In her birth certificate her dad;s names are there. So make sure their births are correct as well

If you know that you are genuine as in the kids are yours why would you be scared? It will even be better of if their birth certificates were issued before applying for the DV Lottery and even if you just got them if the kids are yours please relax.

Can you tell us how you wrote the kids names in their DS230 forms and how you listed them in yours? Plus how they appear in their birth certificates? If they are the same and have the family names yaani their dad is included i dont see any panic here

Last edited by a moderator:
To get over the Nln issue, make sure you have the certified birth certificate i.e the long version with all details of the children( has both parents name,date/time of birth). If its a replacement, swear an affidavit giving reasons why you had it replaced.
The US embassy are guided by law when issuing the visa and they strictly follow what the law says in accordance with issuance of a visa.
Ash case with all due respect had some worrying inconsistencies which were not clarified. Probably she knows things we don't and thus we can't use it as case study. I would urge each and everyone going for an interview with family to review word by word the 2nl and if there is anything that is not clear they should not hesitate to enquire from the US embassy.

I second you brother, let everyone go thru her/his 2NL and make sure you have carried all your documents to the interview. Dont you worry Losiamoi it shall be well.

NLN Means No Last Name; I will start by asking did you write 3 names in every DS230 forms you sent to KCC of each child? This is how we wrote for our daughter and even where you are asked to list names of all children we wrote all her three names First Middle Family (Surname). I will only advice you to just be calm. By the way my daughter only uses two names first and middle even her birth certificate and passport has those two names and when her visa was issued it was issued using those two names. In her birth certificate her dad;s names are there. So make sure their births are correct as well

If you know that you are genuine as in the kids are yours why would you be scared? It will even be better of if their birth certificates were issued before applying for the DV Lottery and even if you just got them if the kids are yours please relax.

Can you tell us how you wrote the kids names in their DS230 forms and how you listed them in yours? Plus how they appear in their birth certificates? If they are the same and have the family names yaani their dad is included i dont see any panic here

Hey Thanks Makiki for this Clarification..I was beginning to freak out because in the Birth certificate its only the first and middle names indicated.

Dubai-b,my hubby wants to go later how can he get a re-entry permit,is it advisable he goes first then he can come back. Pleeeese advise:confused:

ADVICE I know that when we got selected our parents and siblings were like please add my kid you go with him or parents say why cant you include your sister child you take her. It was tempting but we did NOT because we wanted to be as straight as possible. I know some of you have weak hearts or can i say tend to care so much that you can end up including kids that you didnt include during the initial entry so please if you did this just be sure you WONT get that visa. This also goes for single ladies and gentlemen who get confused after being selected to lie that someone is your wife/husband one thing you should know a couple that has related to each other even in 4 months look genuine in the eyes of the Consular Officer but fake will always look FAKE. Be very careful even if this person agrees to pay for all the expenses be very careful and dont get trapped.

If you attempt to receive a visa or enter the United States by willfully misrepresenting a material fact or committing fraud. This is a permanent ineligibility, so every time you apply for a visa, you will be found ineligible for this reason. You were refused, or found ineligible, for a visa under section 212(a)(6)(C)(i) This is how the paper you will receive from the CO will say and mark you you wont enter the US because your data is at their Data Bank :p :p NEVER

Last edited by a moderator:
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
WARNING: The other day I realised that we have in the forum people who are not genuine but are here for other reasons so be warned never to part with any money for favours or meeting with someone who claims to offer a reasonable accommodation especially people who are coming from outside Nairobi. Do your own investigation and pick them from the crowd.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Wakileta nyenye chapa hatutaki nyenye chukua fimbo chapa

Hey Thanks Makiki for this Clarification..I was beginning to freak out because in the Birth certificate its only the first and middle names indicated.

Dont freak out its the same here mine uses two names i wonder if i can change to three now that the US has already known her by two names. Make sure when you fill in the passport forms you write 3 names uko nje this where i made a mistake niliandika mbili tu kwa page ya nje.

Nln

Thanks makiki for your great encouragement. In my DS 230 I listed the three kids with only their two names. In the kids DS 230 I listed the three names for each.Ofcourse the third name being my name(dad).
In the kids birth certificates which were obtained years ago have their two names but of course their parents names are listed too. Their passports have their two names also.

Guys instructions are always stated here that's why people have to be careful and follow instructions. Don't assume, these guys are always straight forward don't ignore and then you lose that chance.

Note: Family members refer only to your spouse and unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery. If you have gotten married, or had additional children since entering the DV lottery, or your immediate family situation has changed, include notification of these changes by sending an updated Form DS-230 to the Kentucky Consular Center.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY

On your entry, you must list your spouse (husband or wife), and all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless
of whether or not they are living with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States,
with the exception of children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. A spouse or child who is already a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident will not require or be issued a DV visa. Failure to comply with this instruction can result in the disqualification of your entry

For parents whose kids are almost hitting 21yrs and your interview is far please inform your embassy and KCC.

My child will turn 21 years old soon. Will that affect their visa?

If you plan to immigrate to the United States with your children, or to have your children join you in the United States later, you must prove that your children are:

• Unmarried
  • Eligible to be listed under your visa classification, and
  • Under the age of 21 at the time they enter the United States
If your child will soon turn 21, your child could become ineligible to immigrate with you. If your child cannot immigrate with you because of their age, then a separate petition must be filed for your child and there may be a significant delay before your child becomes eligible for a visa.

If visas are available in your visa category before your child's birthday, the NVC may be able to expedite your case so that you and your child can immigrate together. Unfortunately, if visas are not available before the child's birthday, the NVC cannot expedite the case.

There is also a law called the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA), which applies to a narrow range of cases and may allow the principal applicant's son or daughter to remain eligible under this petition. At the time of the parent's visa interview, the consular officer will determine whether or not CSPA is applicable in your particular situation.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3744.html

I am not sure whether I included the two or three names during application. However what I do remember is that during submission of forms, in my DS 230 I only included the two names. But in the kids DS 230 I included three names for each the third name being the family name

Dubai-b,my hubby wants to go later how can he get a re-entry permit,is it advisable he goes first then he can come back. Pleeeese advise:confused:

You can only apply for a re-entry permit while in the US. You have to book for appointment with USCIS and wait for your interview, however some people talk of a fast tracked process. Make sure when you land in the US to make an appointment for reentry and once he is through with the biometrics he can leave the US. There is a disadvantage with of it though, the period spent outside US doesn't count when doing your PP process. Another thing is, he has to be filing tax returns from his station every year.
Its nothing to worry you or him as long as has time to wait for the biometrics to be done.

Thanks makiki for your great encouragement. In my DS 230 I listed the three kids with only their two names. In the kids DS 230 I listed the three names for each.Ofcourse the third name being my name(dad).
In the kids birth certificates which were obtained years ago have their two names but of course their parents names are listed too. Their passports have their two names also.

My sons name Each had two,but in their passport I included the third name(dad's Name) due to the requirements of filling the Passport. The CO asked me how come their names didn't have the sir name initially and I defended myself saying that it was inserted when applying for their passport like it was a requirement to put the sir name. Therefore don't worry that will not a cause of alarm phew! Just be confident when you are called upon to explain losiamor cheers.

Nln

You can only apply for a re-entry permit while in the US. You have to book for appointment with USCIS and wait for your interview, however some people talk of a fast tracked process. Make sure when you land in the US to make an appointment for reentry and once he is through with the biometrics he can leave the US. There is a disadvantage with of it though, the period spent outside US doesn't count when doing your PP process. Another thing is, he has to be filing tax returns from his station every year.
Its nothing to worry you or him as long as has time to wait for the biometrics to be done.
Thanks Dubai -B:)

I thought of this issue and since nobody has mentioned or talked of it, i thought it wise to point out. Forum members who are single parents and are preparing to go for interview, please make sure you go through Olyn in DV-2011 winners from kenya. She had a special situation since she was single with a kid and she had a successful cp.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY

i got married last year in Nov. i emailed KCC and they told me including her could disqualify my case so i opted not to. i hope it wont bring problems....