• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I have been not selected for further processing, and it kinds hurt. But i will rejoice and be grateful to the Lord coz he still gives me another chance in the next DV2015. Lucky are those who wait on the Lord. I shall wait on Him till ma time comes. I am a winner in the house of the lord. To this year's winners all the best of luck, may the almighty Lord lead your way.
shabby .ug
Dont worry shabby.Am also not selected and it really feels soo bad.we are not giving up.Dv 2015 we wait.i heard that there are usually 2 selections.one in may and another one in october.is it true?

Not selected too:( Shabby and Cathyliss lets hope we will have the dv thing next year. All the best to those who were selected

Dont worry shabby.Am also not selected and it really feels soo bad.we are not giving up.Dv 2015 we wait.i heard that there are usually 2 selections.one in may and another one in october.is it true?

I came accross this info..thought it was necessary to share For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached... does this mean that if the number reaches 100,000 or 50,000??

NLN Means No Last Name; I will start by asking did you write 3 names in every DS230 forms you sent to KCC of each child? This is how we wrote for our daughter and even where you are asked to list names of all children we wrote all her three names First Middle Family (Surname). I will only advice you to just be calm. By the way my daughter only uses two names first and middle even her birth certificate and passport has those two names and when her visa was issued it was issued using those two names. In her birth certificate her dad;s names are there. So make sure their births are correct as well

If you know that you are genuine as in the kids are yours why would you be scared? It will even be better of if their birth certificates were issued before applying for the DV Lottery and even if you just got them if the kids are yours please relax.

Can you tell us how you wrote the kids names in their DS230 forms and how you listed them in yours? Plus how they appear in their birth certificates? If they are the same and have the family names yaani their dad is included i dont see any panic here

Makiki, this KCC is making me fear, in my daughter's Birth there is no father's name but I mentioned that on her DS 230 form,. I hope the will write on my 2NL NFN. Mama futher discuss of why can only be done email with u.

thats my plan.

Hi Donmisty,

I think to be safe be honest and explain the situation to them, and the fact that she's not planning to join you now but later we pray all will be well.

Assuming you got a greencard and married someone after 1 year, your wife would still go through the process. They already know you're married and God will go before you.

Be Blessed

i got married last year in Nov. i emailed KCC and they told me including her could disqualify my case so i opted not to. i hope it wont bring problems....

Could disqualify, doesn't mean will disqualify, but as we've seen from Ash's case, incomplete info will lead to disqualification. And I think the requirement is to list all dependants, even if they are not travelling with you. Please double and triple check before your interview date to avoid disappointment.

I came accross this info..thought it was necessary to share For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached... does this mean that if the number reaches 100,000 or 50,000??

The annual limit is 50,000 by September 30th.

Hi,

HOW MANY INDIVIDUALS WILL BE SELECTED?
There are 50,000 DV visas available for DV-2013. Because it is likely that some of the first 50,000 persons
who are selected will not qualify for visas or pursue their cases to visa issuance, more than 50,000 entries will
be selected by CA/CST to ensure that all of the available DV visas are issued. However, this also means that
there will not be a sufficient number of visas for all those who are initially selected. All applicants who are
selected will be informed promptly of their place on the list through the E-DV website’s Entrant Status Check.
Interviews for the DV-2013 program will begin in October 2012. Selectees who provide information requested
in the notification instructions will be informed of their visa interview appointment through the E-DV website’s
Entrant Status Check four to six weeks before the scheduled interviews with U.S. consular officers at
overseas posts. Each month, visas will be issued to those applicants who are ready for issuance during that
month, visa-number availability permitting. Once all of the 50,000 DV visas have been issued, the program
will end. In principle, visa numbers could be finished before September 2013. Selected applicants who wish
to receive visas must be prepared to act promptly on their cases. Random selection as a selectee does
not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a
Diversity Visa, and if qualified, issued a Diversity Visa. Only the first 50,000 selected applicants to
qualify will be issued visas.

We sent an inquiry to KCC way before the baby was born. They told us to either send his forms to them or go with them to the embassy on the day of the interview together with the birth cert. Normal birth cert takes 3 months to process. We sent the forms to KCC once we got the cert. I have read of cases where newborns were presented on the day of the interview and visas were granted. AM JUST CONFUSED! Ash pls shed some more light as to what may have happened.
I think the problem with my case was that i didnt send the birth certificate to Kcc because I thought I would present it to the CO.As for the case creation I am at a loss of words. He specifically said 25th Jan 2012 after the baby was born. But the question is, how could we inform them immediately yet we didnt know we had won? Results came out in may 2012.

I sent back the 230 form minus the birth cert. I only sent an email explaining the addition. So my advice to any one adding a kid or spouse is that just send all the documents to KCC. Just present original to CO but when a copy is already on the file.

Been selected again for the second time in a row. First time hubby applied for both of us, i got selected, this year we both applied, and i got selected again, he thinks am so lucky. My case number is 47***.

Congs my dear, you have luck and that will follow you to the CO.

Papasan, for DV 2013 its actually 115,000 applicants selected including those added in October 2012.

Makiki,Karendi and all who have already gone for the interview,did any of you had laminated educational certificates??will it bring issues??if anyone knows about it,let us know.i emailed the embassy with the querry,they have not replied.Makiki which email address did you use when you asked them your querries??please help

Not selected too:( Shabby and Cathyliss lets hope we will have the dv thing next year. All the best to those who were selected

Someone has just told me that i should keep on checking.How many times do they select?is it a one time thing or they keep on selecting??Am confused here.may be our friends like makiki should help us here

I think the problem with my case was that i didnt send the birth certificate to Kcc because I thought I would present it to the CO.As for the case creation I am at a loss of words. He specifically said 25th Jan 2012 after the baby was born. But the question is, how could we inform them immediately yet we didnt know we had won? Results came out in may 2012.

I sent back the 230 form minus the birth cert. I only sent an email explaining the addition. So my advice to any one adding a kid or spouse is that just send all the documents to KCC. Just present original to CO but when a copy is already on the file.

Again Ash, sorry about your disappointing news. Thanks for coming back to update the forum regarding your situation. I'm more than convinced the reason you ran into trouble is due to the fact that you did not send in the child's birth certificate with his DSP-230 form. The certificate is the only way of proving to KCC that the child is truly yours.

These guys are sticklers to rules. The CO at the embassy cannot at his discretion proceed with an application that has already been 'red-flagged' by KCC before getting to the embassy. People here have talked about other people showing up at the embassy with new-born babies at the time of interview and ending up getting the visa. That's a totally different scenario, the CO (and KCC) do understand such situations, the CO is allowed to use his/her discretion in such situations in view of the fact that the born was born after the interview letter was issued and there isn't enough time to send updated documents to KCC by the applicant before the interview. It's different when the applicant has months to do this before the interview.

Someone has just told me that i should keep on checking.How many times do they select?is it a one time thing or they keep on selecting??Am confused here.may be our friends like makiki should help us here

Next selection will be in october after recieving the submited forms. The number to be added will depend on how many initial selectees would have responded by october. Stay hopeful.

Makiki,Karendi and all who have already gone for the interview,did any of you had laminated educational certificates??will it bring issues??if anyone knows about it,let us know.i emailed the embassy with the querry,they have not replied.Makiki which email address did you use when you asked them your querries??please help
I didnt have any laminated documents so i dont know a thing about it. When you send email to the Embassy please include your case number date of birth and full names of the applicant then ask your question ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov

By the way this time they selected 125000 people

They picked lessons from DV2012/13, a sizeable number of initial applicants do not submit their forms for various reasons yet their target must be achieved hence the high number.