• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I am equally confused. The 2NL has his name with the word NLN. Meaning incomplete. We presented the birth certificate but the CO insisted that he is not on the file. They had a print out with all the names except his. So am wondering whether I informed them too late or what. I dont know. But it was out right denial because we did not meet the requirements. So no presentation of more documents.
I dont get it Ash..whats the way forward ? were you given any slip to provide extra documentations? it cant be denial i guess because its not your mistake..

Someone please advice on USCIS fee.. is it included in the $330? what is it??
Also in the DS forms i forwarded, who is the petitioner?? is it me considering im the only beneficiary??-No kids nor family)

Thank you Makiki. When a door is shut, God will open a window. Am still hopeful that another opportunity will come my way.
You are a real wonderful lady having adopted those kids shows how good you are at heart. There is a bright future for you and the kids just keep your eyes open the opportunity will come to you. Super mom you are, Ash!! Keep shining.

I am equally confused. The 2NL has his name with the word NLN. Meaning incomplete. We presented the birth certificate but the CO insisted that he is not on the file. They had a print out with all the names except his. So am wondering whether I informed them too late or what. I dont know. But it was out right denial because we did not meet the requirements. So no presentation of more documents.

Thats not the end of the road.. There is a bright future ahead..

NLN means No Last Name, am feeling so bad as in this is their mistake and they should be the ones rectifying and not denying you the visa which was yours. My day is just bad :( this is not right

Thank you Papa and every one in the house for your prayers. However, I didnt get the visa. Reason being that the application was incomplete. I had a baby in december 2011 after the online application. I informed KCC about this new fact. But the CO said our file was created in January 2012 and it did not include the new baby. He even showed us the KCC documents showing Jan 2012. So that was it. There were no other questions asked.

this is heartbreaking...but file created in jan 2012 or 2013?i think they made a mistake..we received our notifications in May 2012,did they mean you delayed notifying KCC about the baby?well lots of questions...it shall be well

Thank you Papa and every one in the house for your prayers. However, I didnt get the visa. Reason being that the application was incomplete. I had a baby in december 2011 after the online application. I informed KCC about this new fact. But the CO said our file was created in January 2012 and it did not include the new baby. He even showed us the KCC documents showing Jan 2012. So that was it. There were no other questions asked.

this is heartbreaking...but file created in jan 2012 or 2013?i think they made a mistake..we received our notifications in May 2012,did they mean you delayed notifying KCC about the baby?well lots of questions...it shall be well

Thank you Makiki. When a door is shut, God will open a window. Am still hopeful that another opportunity will come my way.

Qualifying Occupations for Federal Skilled Worker
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program. These changes will take effect on May 4th, 2013, at which time the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications.
One way to qualify for Canadian immigration as a Federal Skilled Worker is to have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the following 24 qualifying occupations.

The qualifying occupations are listed by NOC (National Occupational Classification) and are based on the main duties performed. This list of open occupations was updated to reflect ministerial instructions issued on April 18th, 2013. Click on the occupation title below to see if your occupation is among the qualifying occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker Category.

0211- Engineering Managers
1112 - Financial and Investment Analysts
2113 - Geoscientists and Oceanographers
2131 - Civil Engineers
2132 - Mechanical Engineers
2134 - Chemical Engineers
2143 - Mining Engineers
2144 - Geological Engineers
2145 - Petroleum Engineers
2146 - Aerospace Engineers
2147 - Computer Engineers (except Software Engineers/Designers)
2154 - Land Surveyors
2174 - Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2243 - Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics
2263 – Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety
3141 - Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
3142 - Physiotherapists
3143 - Occupational Therapists
3211 - Medical laboratory Technologists
3212 - Medical laboratory Technicians and Pathologists' Assistants
3214 - Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists
3215 - Medical Radiation Technologists
3216 - Medical Sonographers
3217 - Cardiology Technicians and Electrophysiological Diagnostic Technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

WE NEVER GIVE UP CHECK THIS GOVERNMENT SITE http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html

But why??????????

This is really disheartening. I am so sorry Ash, it's so unfair. If they had information about the baby's existence, why didn't they include him. It's so unfair, I am really sorry Ash.

Someone please advice on USCIS fee.. is it included in the $330? what is it??
Also in the DS forms i forwarded, who is the petitioner?? is it me considering im the only beneficiary??-No kids nor family)

USCIS fee is paid when you receive your visa and it is NOT in the $330 so you will have to pay another $165 for it. Yes you are the petitioner

This has really weighed me down....a lot of inefficiencies somewhere...January 2012??? but we were notified of the win in May 2012??..or how do they update their stuff??...lots of Q's in my mind..Ash God will surely Open another door for you and your Family.Stay Blessed dear.

Ash its truly heartbreaking..By the way did you send a copy of the child's birth certificate when you informed KCC of the newbie in your family... Coz i rem Frank80 had a similar case...baby born after forms sent to KCC....Is there a way of appealing for them to reconsider?

Oh no, i have no words even.

Please somebody answer the above question pleeeeeeeeeeeeese

Hi,
What I did even before IOM is go for vaccinations at the City council offices. Make sure they give you a yellow card; it is recognized world wide.
I have a yellow card full of all the vaccines av taken and that has saved me loads and loads of cash.
All the best.

Qualifying Occupations for Federal Skilled Worker
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program. These changes will take effect on May 4th, 2013, at which time the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications.
One way to qualify for Canadian immigration as a Federal Skilled Worker is to have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the following 24 qualifying occupations.

The qualifying occupations are listed by NOC (National Occupational Classification) and are based on the main duties performed. This list of open occupations was updated to reflect ministerial instructions issued on April 18th, 2013. Click on the occupation title below to see if your occupation is among the qualifying occupations for the Federal Skilled Worker Category.

0211- Engineering Managers
1112 - Financial and Investment Analysts
2113 - Geoscientists and Oceanographers
2131 - Civil Engineers
2132 - Mechanical Engineers
2134 - Chemical Engineers
2143 - Mining Engineers
2144 - Geological Engineers
2145 - Petroleum Engineers
2146 - Aerospace Engineers
2147 - Computer Engineers (except Software Engineers/Designers)
2154 - Land Surveyors
2174 - Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2243 - Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics
2263 – Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety
3141 - Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
3142 - Physiotherapists
3143 - Occupational Therapists
3211 - Medical laboratory Technologists
3212 - Medical laboratory Technicians and Pathologists' Assistants
3214 - Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists
3215 - Medical Radiation Technologists
3216 - Medical Sonographers
3217 - Cardiology Technicians and Electrophysiological Diagnostic Technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)

WE NEVER GIVE UP CHECK THIS GOVERNMENT SITE http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html
They seem to want only scientists, the only field i see close to what i have is number 2 although am not sure coz it says Financial and investment analysts while am an accountant, eish.

Hi,
What I did even before IOM is go for vaccinations at the City council offices. Make sure they give you a yellow card; it is recognized world wide.
I have a yellow card full of all the vaccines av taken and that has saved me loads and loads of cash.
All the best.
OMG do we have those City Council Offices here in Mombasa i will check them out tomorrow.

Ayayaaa...pole dear. did they show you on the 2nd Nl? They should...ayayaaa....keep hoping, all is not gone Ash. We shall keep praying for you.