• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

QR sounds like plot....actually used to work there sometime and I would not mind going via Doha and meet old friends...Yipeeee!!!
Thank you, thank you soooo much for the info.
I agree with u right now we are going to have election and i Know the $ will shoot guys u need to SAVE nikubaya:mad::mad::mad:

Thank you Uganda1 ........Quite a piece! Nice one and very informative. I wont mind sleeping at the lounge if am saving 500 dollars by the way. Thank you and dont get lost so muuuuuuuch

SAVE ur Money hata afadhali ulale kwa floor bora ufike to ur destination.:p

ARRIVAL IN THE USA
HI good people,this is to notify you of my arrival in the USA yesterday with my wife,we had booke swiss air but they cancelled their flight and they re-booked us to British airways which flied through Heathrow London n i entered thru,Washington in Virginia n drove to Baltimore by our host,so tomorrow we are going to apply for our SSN as we try to arrange how to get driving licences,
guys this place is a small heaven on earth i telly you so far im amazed at what im seeing,roads,cars,i mean everything is to perfection,
i take this opportunity to thank the lord for trevor emily kariuki i introduced her to this forum some moths back and now she went for interview jana n she made it,her case was a bit complex coz she had a kid and the dad was not there,kind of run away dad n she had a D grade but she went to school in UG and was doing a degree in JKUAT..so the rest of you be encouraged the visa is all yours
will keep you updated o guys lets keep each other in prayers

I'm really happy for you... :)

Papasan, will convey your message to him but i'm very sure he will be there before the first person casts his vote. we had ours last month and the opposition party ( which happens to be my party) is in the supreme court contesting the result. i believe this will be the last time u will be voting as a Kenyan. All the best.

application of SSN and DRIVING
hi guys i hope you are doing great,still trying to get in touch with emily so that she post her experience.
today my wife and i applied for our SSN and we are expecting them any time next week.meanwhile my wife has enrolled for a nursing assistant course so that she can support me in a months time when shes supposed to get a job after completeing the course.some guy approached me to join the airforce today but im still thinking about it as i dont have the ssn and im not sure about it unless they tell me they will train me to be a doctor n allow me to go practice out of millitary!lol,then guys im happy for those taking time to prepare for their interview n happy for those tht have passed,all the best lets keep in touch.we hope to have BOUGHT our own house by latest August guys

Hello you!
Isn't it a must for all young men (26yrs and younger) to get enlisted so long as they have permanent resident papers?
Ebu research more...

Hi guys
just popped in to tell you good morning as iam heading to class.My wife became instant friends with the lady proprietor of the college where shes taking her course and the lady told her bring on your hubby to study too he will be able to pay me once he gets the job which iam sure will be in less than 15hrs after completing the course!i say its the favour of the lord people and also try to be social with people once you get here.
Again i noted that the xray we were told to carry from the medicals is with us still it was not asked for anywhere n the way we were rushing with it n its size like that of iron sheet across airport lobbys!lolbut carry yours you never know.
for those yet to do medicals and those waiting for interviews,take heart and be encouraged on the fact that you are already victors

Hi guys
just popped in to tell you good morning as iam heading to class.My wife became instant friends with the lady proprietor of the college where shes taking her course and the lady told her bring on your hubby to study too he will be able to pay me once he gets the job which iam sure will be in less than 15hrs after completing the course!i say its the favour of the lord people and also try to be social with people once you get here.
Again i noted that the xray we were told to carry from the medicals is with us still it was not asked for anywhere n the way we were rushing with it n its size like that of iron sheet across airport lobbys!lolbut carry yours you never know.
for those yet to do medicals and those waiting for interviews,take heart and be encouraged on the fact that you are already victors

That is good Nesh, just do it. Hey you are very funny "that the size of the xray is that of an iron sheet" :D:D You are making good steps with your better half and thank you for keeping us posted

To everyone that have gotten his/her SSN, Please make sure you keep it in a safe place. YOUR SSN is very confidential and you must not release the number to just any kind of person even in the USA, your SSN is everything to you in the USA because with it ppl can view all information about you, so make sure you keep it properly

Thank you

FOR OFFICERS WHO HAVE ARRIVED AT OBAMAS LAND GOTEN FROM 2011 NIGERIA SELECTEES
be careful when filling the application forms and dont make any donations to the blind or watever donations written on it, without dat u will pay 25 dollars 4 ur driving license.
2. the manual u have if still the most recent. I just got another 1for my wife from the DPS and they gave me that same old 1. Though have not had time to take her to the place for the test. do wat u have to do b4 u start working. just know the signs and some of the fines u are good. u can google drivers license pratice test in virginia and know wat the questions are like.
3 u have to wait for 3 weeks on arrival in houston or if u get ur GC b4 3 week then u can go back and apply 4 ssn and u will usually get it in 5 days 4m date of application as the principal winner but all ur dependants will get it in 8-10 days. u can see the detail on my signature. dont waist ur gas i did thesame thing i went there 3 time but those guys are adamant on the 3 weeks thing even my friend that just came had thesame experience.
4. ur GC will get to ur addy b4 3 weeek or atmost by exactly 3weeks + a day or so.
5. dont subcribe 4 contract line 4 ur fone preferably use non contract and u can use the fone u brought from naija just take it to them and tell the u want ur line on it the wouldnt give u a sim oh they will just use the ime number in the fone and do the electronic thing. i use simple mobile its $40 monthly dats a lot guy to be sincere without a job.am due to pay anoda 1 now am thinking where the money will come from.
my apart is for 500, the bills water gas fone another 100.
u will still need a car and insurance its all a whole lot of money guy.
just be calm i was already driving in the us with my international drivers license b4 i did my test and the examiner sai=d i was an excellent driver. just obey the rules wat faill ppl is parallel parking which i did with just 1 gear i.e the reverse=. the next thing was i changed to parking pple always say it hard but am telling u most pple here have miniature minds just bone them and be determined to achive it . with God all things are possible am just exactly 2 months n 4 days in the usa today.
Hope all this was helpful dont usually have time to type this long on the net but here we have to help 1 another not to stray. cheers.
! bouyant love house...

Nigeria Interview Today 18th Jan 2013

Just saw this Interview experience and liked this guy's tactics on the CO

Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Thank you
Me: You're welcome.
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.

Thank you Uganda1 ........Quite a piece! Nice one and very informative. I wont mind sleeping at the lounge if am saving 500 dollars by the way. Thank you and dont get lost so muuuuuuuch

MaKiKi, I'm always here, but usually can only check-in on a weekly basis and contribute as and when I can. However, will try to check-in more often. May actually be in Nairobi in a week or so for something else, and would like to go looking for the IOM Heath centre, just so I know where it is. At least I already know where the US Embassy is located.

Hello you!
Isn't it a must for all young men (26yrs and younger) to get enlisted so long as they have permanent resident papers?
Ebu research more...

Compulsory enlistment (Conscription) in the US was abolished decades ago, however they do register men between 18-25, just in case they are required, but joining the armed forces is all voluntary.

Thanks for the info
To everyone that have gotten his/her SSN, Please make sure you keep it in a safe place. YOUR SSN is very confidential and you must not release the number to just any kind of person even in the USA, your SSN is everything to you in the USA because with it ppl can view all information about you, so make sure you keep it properly

Thank you

well I must say its quite a piece of info u got up there...The guy who is in US tryin to acquire the DL,congrats n all the best.U've lifted my spirit somehow n at least I can say the journey is worth the struggle..Jus confidence n trust in God is all we require.Just waiting for next month,hopefully.

good ! that all we need to have in the forum,people willing to share their experiences.
Just saw this Interview experience and liked this guy's tactics on the CO

Let me begin by thanking you all. You're all truly wonderful and dearly loved. I appreciate Spoondar, Kemzone, Temmy, Adesoji, Brightmon, Ifeanyi.Abdul, Jidedon, Adzovia, Tiwana, Bussyme, Gunners4u, Junkerhill, Honeydee, Remmy, ChirpyWest, Ibracadabra, and everyone not expressly mentioned. I wish I could remember all your beautiful names. Thank you all for the prayers and inspiration. God bless you all.

I left the house by 4:45am and arrived 5:20am. We observed all the necessary protocols and the checks and got ushered in. I purposely sat in such a away as to have a clear view of the white lady everyone dreads. I needed to inderstand her methods, temperament and ideology should in case I am sent to her.

She denied virtualy everyone who got to her desk. I realized it's not about the woman. It's about the applicants who come ill-prepared. She wants to be sure you TRULY MERIT the visa. Her question are not difficult but tricky and searching. From my interactions with her, I figured she must be a lawyer or someone with legal exposure. She asked me questions, more of a cross examination using legal terms known only to legal minds.

Now this is the secret to dealing with her. Learn forward and look her right in the eyes. That makes her uncomfortable and less composed. It's like turning the table against her. Answer her questions with CONFIDENCE even If you're not so sure of the answers. Maintain eye contact and be polite to a fault. Her approach could make you edgy and could provoke anger in her which always prompts her to deny without mercy. Keep a smiling face and raise your pitch when responding to her query. Use gestures too. All these played out to my favour. Above all, I realized she appreciates good command of English Language. But really, how can you claim to be a graduate and unable to make a sentence that's error-free? Let's polish our vocab.

Me: Good morning lady (with smiles)
Co: Do you swear to tell the truth?
Me: (Still smiling) Absolutely. I do.
Co: Put your fingers on the machine. I want to capture your prints.
Me: Ok maam.....
She takes my prints .....
Co: What's your highest Qualification?
Me: LLB, BL.
Co: Which aspect of law are you specialized in?
Me: Bla bla bla.
Co: Tell me all you know about a valid contract and what makes a contract enforceable?
Me: I lectured her with decided cases and statutory provisions
Co: Tell me the aspect of law you find difficult.
Me: I told her.
To my surprise she began to lecture me on it. I chip in facts from time to time to buttress her points.
Co: Have your original documents
Me: Thank you maam! (With a broad smile)
Co: I am going to issue you a visa.

There were two sheets before her. One was for denial and the other for approval. She pulled the paper, circled an address and asked me to pick my visa on Friday next week. I enjoyed my time with her. I am sure she enjoyed my company. She's such a lovely Angel to chit-chat with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys..I thank God for this forum it keeps me going.. whenever i have doubts...i come to this forums and i leave smiling keep it up guys..we are almost hitting 100!!