• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

2nl

i received this mail "You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing" so i checked n there it was. i'm due on the 12th March. thanks to u all for ur prayers and support. though from the western part of Africa (Ghana), i felt at home here and decided to stay.

however, the 2NL didnt have my little daughter ( 2months old) as a beneficiary though i sent her document to them. i called KCC immediately and i was told my interview was scheduled before they received her document. they advised that i include her in the medicals n bring all her necessary documents on the day of the interview.

medicals starts next week.

i received this mail "You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing" so i checked n there it was. i'm due on the 12th March. thanks to u all for ur prayers and support. though from the western part of Africa (Ghana), i felt at home here and decided to stay.

however, the 2NL didnt have my little daughter ( 2months old) as a beneficiary though i sent her document to them. i called KCC immediately and i was told my interview was scheduled before they received her document. they advised that i include her in the medicals n bring all her necessary documents on the day of the interview.

Frank80 am glad that you are feeling at home here..! Ghana and Kenya have lots in common especially our hospitality...pass my greeting to Koffi annan tell him he should have been here in Kenya by now!! elections are just around the corner..:)..

Congratulations brother, do the necessary about your kid and all shall be well. I wish you success

application of SSN and DRIVING
hi guys i hope you are doing great,still trying to get in touch with emily so that she post her experience.
today my wife and i applied for our SSN and we are expecting them any time next week.meanwhile my wife has enrolled for a nursing assistant course so that she can support me in a months time when shes supposed to get a job after completeing the course.some guy approached me to join the airforce today but im still thinking about it as i dont have the ssn and im not sure about it unless they tell me they will train me to be a doctor n allow me to go practice out of millitary!lol,then guys im happy for those taking time to prepare for their interview n happy for those tht have passed,all the best lets keep in touch.we hope to have BOUGHT our own house by latest August guys

I have the same thing in mind as your wife, i am planning to come there with money to pay for my CNA classes coz it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get a certificate and support my hubby as well. Let me know how much she has paid coz i hear its around 400 to 1200 dollars and also there are some that are free but with a condition that you will work for them for some time. Please post the feedback for me and also others who might want to start by this Certified Nurse Assistant Coarse.

Hey dont turn down the Airforce guy before you ask everything about the system you never know it might be useful but i doubt if they can allow you to practice outside the military. I wish you a very successful search for the best coarse and career.

We miss you, the forum is not the same without your humour and energy!! :mad:
Ati field work?? Can the forum contribute for your 24/7 internet coverage and preferably we employ you to be our full time 'DV 2013 Kenyan selectee' administrator? :cool::p
Pls don potea like that dear.

Obeezyb is missing in action, we miss your humour indeed.

I have the same thing in mind as your wife, i am planning to come there with money to pay for my CNA classes coz it takes 3 to 4 weeks to get a certificate and support my hubby as well. Let me know how much she has paid coz i hear its around 400 to 1200 dollars and also there are some that are free but with a condition that you will work for them for some time. Please post the feedback for me and also others who might want to start by this Certified Nurse Assistant Coarse.

Hey dont turn down the Airforce guy before you ask everything about the system you never know it might be useful but i doubt if they can allow you to practice outside the military. I wish you a very successful search for the best coarse and career.
Hi makiki,whole course we are paying 1360 dollars,stay safe and let me know if you have any question

Wooow, wooow...I love your drive and psyke for life. It reminds me how scared we were when they could not send your 2nd NL....look how far the Lord has brought you. Everything will work out well na boy mna speed!! Waaah....all the best.
Usitusahau...BTW, how much was the flight prices for BA per person?
Karendi i cant forget you guys coz you were there for me during the time i was so down neither can i forget what the lord has done for us,we had booked swiss airline n they cancelled our flight n they rbooked as in the BA ,we had paid them 199,000ksh,but booking us in ba was a pleasure because BA is much expensive than that,n by the way guys using BA be careful with Heathrow airport staff in london they threw away my nevea for men deodrant n my wifes hair treatment ati they dont pass brtitains standards for security!lol,just put ua stuff in the big bag not your handbag or back pack

Hi Am new to this forums.... Is that true that accommodation paid for? Someone was telling me that if you have kids then B.A or KLM should be ideal... dunno tho'

I've had the opportunity to fly both KLM and Qatar Airways to the US, and my understanding is that accommodation in Doha (Qatar Airways) is paid for if you are in 1st or Biz class, otherwise, economy class passengers pay extra for the hotel.

BA or KLM may be good for families with kids, only b'se the flights out of East Africa are usually night flights, so the kids get to sleep on the plane, then you have no more than 3 or 4 hours on the ground before your connection. Qatar leaves in the afternoon, so you over-night in the airport in Doha for an early morning connection. That means you will have about 8hrs on the ground, however, the airline offers free dinner and breakfast for all passengers in the airport with long transit times and you can find a comfy lounge chair to sleep, esp for the kids. They actually have what are called "Quiet Rooms" for people to sleep. (You may be asked to leave the room, if you are in there talking or your child is making noise).

Also, depending on the season in the year that you travel, and how far in advance you book your ticket, the Qatar ticket can be even up to $500 cheaper than KLM or BA, which will make sleeping on a lounge chair worth the saving.

hi Forum mates, I still waiting for update till now nothing new.

I wish best of luck for all of you.

If you have been waiting since October, isn't there a danger of your medicals and Police report expiring? In which case, do you simply renew them or do you have to go back to the embassy as well?

I've had the opportunity to fly both KLM and Qatar Airways to the US, and my understanding is that accommodation in Doha (Qatar Airways) is paid for if you are in 1st or Biz class, otherwise, economy class passengers pay extra for the hotel.

BA or KLM may be good for families with kids, only b'se the flights out of East Africa are usually night flights, so the kids get to sleep on the plane, then you have no more than 3 or 4 hours on the ground before your connection. Qatar leaves in the afternoon, so you over-night in the airport in Doha for an early morning connection. That means you will have about 8hrs on the ground, however, the airline offers free dinner and breakfast for all passengers in the airport with long transit times and you can find a comfy lounge chair to sleep, esp for the kids. They actually have what are called "Quiet Rooms" for people to sleep. (You may be asked to leave the room, if you are in there talking or your child is making noise).

Also, depending on the season in the year that you travel, and how far in advance you book your ticket, the Qatar ticket can be even up to $500 cheaper than KLM or BA, which will make sleeping on a lounge chair worth the saving.

QR sounds like plot....actually used to work there sometime and I would not mind going via Doha and meet old friends...Yipeeee!!!
Thank you, thank you soooo much for the info.

Kareeeeeeeeeeendi...our new Obeeyz is back!! ..karibu sana..keep on encouraging your brtothers and sisters..

Hehehee...mara hiyo hiyoo!! Know what, this whole experience is very trying and we need to encourage each other. I will do that till I can't do it anymore ((()))

Karendi i cant forget you guys coz you were there for me during the time i was so down neither can i forget what the lord has done for us
You can say that again, we shall all look back and say " look what the lord has done for us"
we had booked swiss airline n they cancelled our flight n they rbooked as in the BA ,we had paid them 199,000ksh,but booking us in ba was a pleasure because BA is much expensive than that,n by the way guys using BA be careful with Heathrow airport staff in london they threw away my nevea for men deodrant n my wifes hair treatment ati they dont pass brtitains standards for security!lol,just put ua stuff in the big bag not your handbag or back pack

BA is waaay better than swiss so it was to your advantage, though i hear alot of forumites advocating for Qatar airways, thanks for the heads up on what not to check in with; atleast i have kidogo travel experience an di know heathrow are really strict....trust me there will be better nivea for mens in Baltimore :))

Later Nesh, we shall keep you posted on any new developments.

Karendi i cant forget you guys coz you were there for me during the time i was so down neither can i forget what the lord has done for us,we had booked swiss airline n they cancelled our flight n they rbooked as in the BA ,we had paid them 199,000ksh,but booking us in ba was a pleasure because BA is much expensive than that,n by the way guys using BA be careful with Heathrow airport staff in london they threw away my nevea for men deodrant n my wifes hair treatment ati they dont pass brtitains standards for security!lol,just put ua stuff in the big bag not your handbag or back pack

Pole sana Nesh...almost all airports I've passed through are strict. Anything over 100ml will be thrown away, they have small Ziploc bags where all the liquids and gels under 100ml should fit, just one small bag. The Nivea, you can get better one but hair treatment for ladies can be hard to come by but you are going to the land of afro hair treatment. Thanks and please keep us updated with your progress.;)

The big Bag is better, sitaki kuchokorwa

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you Uganda1 ........Quite a piece! Nice one and very informative. I wont mind sleeping at the lounge if am saving 500 dollars by the way. Thank you and dont get lost so muuuuuuuch

Welcome back ug1 and thx for that useful piece of info.

If you have been waiting since October, isn't there a danger of your medicals and Police report expiring? In which case, do you simply renew them or do you have to go back to the embassy as well?
we understand medicals can be repeated after expiry. I guess the embassy advises u on the way forward once they clear you. Some one even did his second medicals at the poe though its more costly and not advisable.

application of SSN and DRIVING
hi guys i hope you are doing great,still trying to get in touch with emily so that she post her experience.
today my wife and i applied for our SSN and we are expecting them any time next week.meanwhile my wife has enrolled for a nursing assistant course so that she can support me in a months time when shes supposed to get a job after completeing the course.some guy approached me to join the airforce today but im still thinking about it as i dont have the ssn and im not sure about it unless they tell me they will train me to be a doctor n allow me to go practice out of millitary!lol,then guys im happy for those taking time to prepare for their interview n happy for those tht have passed,all the best lets keep in touch.we hope to have BOUGHT our own house by latest August guys
that is quite encouraging nesh. Keep it up.

Congs frank. You will always be a part of our family. Good luck to you.