• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Oh come on Mel! Why didn't you ask here about the medical exam? Yes you have to do another one in the US, the one you did in Indonesia is NOT acceptable!!! Do you have your immunization card with you? If you do, they will just look at that and give whatever immunization is missing, which could be less than the $400+ they're quoting for you right now.

The other option is to shop around among the listed civil surgeons (forget the online reviews). Call them and find out if they will transfer the immunization portion of what you currently have on the report you got from Indonesia. They will of course still have to do the TB test and some blood work, but that process may end up costing no more than $200 or so. Don't waste time, get that medical exam done right away!

Mel, i think you might ve to let go that $400 and do the medicals here in U.S. (You can later file a claim through your insurance if you have one here and get all the money back). They are very picky about the medicals. They didnt count mine even if it was done in U.S. a year ago. They made me take em' all over again. I think doing all over again would the best option for you if thats the only thing standing between you and your GC. Wait until someone will reply on this post. (Mom was fast :) )

Mooooomm D: Cause I thought I could do the medical exam anywhere as long as it's listed in the USCIS website D:
I asked the doctor in Indonesia if she's authorized (just to make sure, she was in the list) and she said 'yeah I do greencard all the time'
D: tricked!
Cause I was back in Indo and wanted to do it asap (plus abit cheaper).
But yeah, I'm sitting here with bandage on the arm, just did TB test and they took blood sample. Will get result on Thursday and send is as soon as I can! (almost sept 30th!!)

Also,
my sponsor forgot to give me a copy of his ID card, we didn't think about it, but I did write down his 'A' number.
Mr. interviewer told me to get his ID card copy. I asked if he can search up my sponsors' identity in his database using the A number. Mr. nterviewer said it'll take too long.
Then some time later Mr.interviewer said 'I'll do u a favor, I can figure it out'.

But shall I still send him the ID or shall I really leave it up to him to 'figure it out'?

not sure if sending it or not sending it will cause confusion..

Mel, i think you might ve to let go that $400 and do the medicals here in U.S. (You can later file a claim through your insurance if you have one here and get all the money back). They are very picky about the medicals. They didnt count mine even if it was done in U.S. a year ago. They made me take em' all over again. I think doing all over again would the best option for you if thats the only thing standing between you and your GC. Wait until someone will reply on this post. (Mom was fast :) )

Xenonflux, Mom is always fast, she won the olympics for running 100 miles! :D
... cold joke
anyways, thank u for ur reply :) Yes they are very picky indeed. I am pretty sure Mr interviewer told me to get a surgeon to just copy my answers from the wrong document to the right one thought..but they were very persistent so I had no choice..

Sounds like ur case was because the medics expired huh? :\ But glad everything worked out for u man!...Woman!... :) Not sure haha!

I am sorry Mel to hear this. You should have been more careful. I think you are on F1 visa and must have a health insurance from ur Univ. Most of the things done during med check up are covered by health insurance. We didnt pay any money for our check up as everything was refunded later. One more imp thing how are you going to send the details back to the officer? Plz take an infopass appointment right away so that you can see someone asap once you have the reports. There is only one month left so you have to be on ur toes. All the very best..I hope everything works out well for u.

:\ yeah..I really thought I did the medical correctly, I mean, I got a sealed huge envelope, send it, got confirmation that they received it..

Well, Mr Interviewer made me a letter.
Pretty much I need to send the medicals + the letter to an address (the interview address) that's it! :D

OOOooh and, I don't have insurance :\ No my Uni doesn't provide it...especially for international students, fees are more expensive for us :\

Raza29m my IL said to bring passport, birth certificate and evidence of admission. But I took tax returns, paystub , i20 transcripts, birth certificate etc better to be safe than sorry. Have you not been filling taxes together ? If you were not married then, just take what you have. But if u were married then prepare a good explanation as to why you have not been filling jointly.

Oh yeah :) i was going to post about that but you are just fast arent you ...lol
Actaully the status finally changed to card production..thank god :) ..i cant thank you enough :)

Ow, I'm kinda scared to come into this conversation with an angry mother~
Anyways, once I have my medical, I'll just need to send that + a letter I got from Mr Interviewer = to the address of where the interview took place :)

So I shouldn't need another interview :) He said as long as my documents arrive on sept 29th latest I should be fine.
(then again he said that surgeon can just copy paste my medics result which was wrong o_o)

Thanks, yes the recent tax return is joint but before that is single because my wife did not work at that time.So one joint is sufficient?
Raza29m my IL said to bring passport, birth certificate and evidence of admission. But I took tax returns, paystub , i20 transcripts, birth certificate etc better to be safe than sorry. Have you not been filling taxes together ? If you were not married then, just take what you have. But if u were married then prepare a good explanation as to why you have not been filling jointly.

Thanks,sure.
Do you have any idea about Form 1722? I have W2s and transcripts for past three years but tax return for 2012, Do I need to provide tax returns for 2011 and 2010? I have transcripts for those years. Are they different from tax return?
one more question, we got two letters, on same day but one is at 8:30 AM and the other 9 AM. do they interview us at the same time? By the way, it should be approved before Sep 30th but it can be issued and mailed after that, yes?
regards,
Take everything; both joint and singe, for both of your

Last edited by a moderator:
Mooooomm D: Cause I thought I could do the medical exam anywhere as long as it's listed in the USCIS website D:
I asked the doctor in Indonesia if she's authorized (just to make sure, she was in the list) and she said 'yeah I do greencard all the time'
D: tricked!
Cause I was back in Indo and wanted to do it asap (plus abit cheaper). - Penny wise, pound foolish :rolleyes:
But yeah, I'm sitting here with bandage on the arm, just did TB test and they took blood sample. Will get result on Thursday and send is as soon as I can! (almost sept 30th!!)

Also,
my sponsor forgot to give me a copy of his ID card, we didn't think about it, but I did write down his 'A' number.
Mr. interviewer told me to get his ID card copy. I asked if he can search up my sponsors' identity in his database using the A number. Mr. nterviewer said it'll take too long.
Then some time later Mr.interviewer said 'I'll do u a favor, I can figure it out'.

But shall I still send him the ID or shall I really leave it up to him to 'figure it out'?

not sure if sending it or not sending it will cause confusion..

Naughty, naughty girl! When we should have been planning your trip back to Indonesia to go visit your family, we're stuck here trying to get things done and hoping your GC gets issued before Sept. 30th.

Anyway, whatever you do between now and Thursday when you go back to see the doctor, please, please, please, don't scratch the TB site as you don't want the induration to be >5mm.

Yes, still include your sponsor's ID in the package you're sending back.

And I'm still very very upset :mad: with you!

woooowww reallllyyyy???
Good luck to u!! Mine is in the morning, how about u? :)

Mine was in the morning too -8 am. Was very quick. Sorry to hear you got problems with your medical documents. Fingers crossed that you get the documents to them and then the green card! It should all work out for you :)

The interviewer said to me that they are gonna do some more checks on my documents... Waiting now.

Ow, I'm kinda scared to come into this conversation with an angry mother~
Anyways, once I have my medical, I'll just need to send that + a letter I got from Mr Interviewer = to the address of where the interview took place :)

So I shouldn't need another interview :) He said as long as my documents arrive on sept 29th latest I should be fine.
(then again he said that surgeon can just copy paste my medics result which was wrong o_o)

Mel Mel Mel please get everything ready asap.. We're running out of time

Mine was in the morning too -8 am. Was very quick. Sorry to hear you got problems with your medical documents. Fingers crossed that you get the documents to them and then the green card! It should all work out for you :)

The interviewer said to me that they are gonna do some more checks on my documents... Waiting now.

Have you tried looking up the status of your receipt number on the uscis website?

Mine changed from post decision to decision within 3 hours after the interview.

Even if wife was not working you should have filled jointly. You should take with you your marriage certificate, lease or title deed showing joint status just in case it becomes an issue. You should also look into refiling your taxes and claiming your spouse as Dependant. They may owe you $$$$$
Thanks, yes the recent tax return is joint but before that is single because my wife did not work at that time.So one joint is sufficient?

Don't seat back and wait till Sept 5th to do the bio, you need to attempt a walk in ASAP!

Then try to schedule an infopass about a week after your walk in, maybe that may force them to schedule an interview if it hasn't been done already.

I have biometric appointment on sept 5th,would I still be able to get my interview before sept 20th?

Thanks,sure.
Do you have any idea about Form 1722? I have W2s and transcripts for past three years but tax return for 2012, Do I need to provide tax returns for 2011 and 2010? I have transcripts for those years. Are they different from tax return?
one more question, we got two letters, on same day but one is at 8:30 AM and the other 9 AM. do they interview us at the same time? By the way, it should be approved before Sep 30th but it can be issued and mailed after that, yes?
regards,

IRS Form 1722 is an official IRS letter confirming that a taxpayer did not file taxes for a particular tax year. It is also known as a Verification of Nonfiling. With your W2s and 2012 tax return, you shouldn't be worried about the 1722 form. It's one of the generic documents that some ILs contain.

You both will most likely be interviewed together, regardless of the different times indicated. As long as the AOS is approved on or before Sept 30th, that's all that matters. The GC itself could be issued and mailed after that day. If your IO gives any indication of approving your case on the day of your interview, you could ask for the possibility of him/her stamp your passports with I-551.

Many applicants have successfully done walk-ins, you just have to time it and go at a time the ASC is not busy. Read some previous posts on this thread and check the AOS timelines spreadsheet to see the different places where people have done walk ins.