• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Just finished the interview today in Milwaukee WI, the status changed to card production 4 hours after the interview.

Would also like to add the when we filled the DV lottery app online last year we didn't put our names in full (we have very long names) this however didn't cause any issues, the officer just told us the names on the cards will be as in the birth certificates (I mentioned this because there were some people who were asking about this)

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status.

Thanks everyone here on the forum, you've provided me with such an invaluable help and info, I am sure many many others will say the same.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status.

Call from USCIS about appointment time

Guys!
We just had a call from USCIS, asked about appointment time, and my wife told Friday, September 6th. The lady told that if we can go earlier on Tuesday, call her when we arrive and they let us go in. She told that she is afraid that they run out of visa number!
what does it mean?? Is it a good sign that she called us? does she want to approve us immediately? any same experience?
Thanks,

Mom, you wise person! I totally forgot about Labor day. - Of course, that's why my head is covered with gray hair :p
But sending them my medicals and sponsor stuff separately is a very good plan :) I will do that!
Will update you when I do (yes, going to Dr today) as far as I'm concerned, all they need is my I-693 correct? :) - Correct!
Hopefully this doctor doesnt forget like the other one - _ -

:)

Guys!
We just had a call from USCIS, asked about appointment time, and my wife told Friday, September 6th. The lady told that if we can go earlier on Tuesday, call her when we arrive and they let us go in. She told that she is afraid that they run out of visa number!
what does it mean?? Is it a good sign that she called us? does she want to approve us immediately? any same experience?
Thanks,

Very good news! It means they're fast running out of visa for your country/region. Jump at the opportunity, go on Tuesday and call her as she suggested. Don't wait till Friday. I would have even asked for Friday, (yeah tomorrow :)) if I got such a call

Dear Sm1smom,
Yes you're right, she called my wife, if she called me I asked for tomorrow. Honestly we are still waiting for employment letter and enrollment verification from school, because the new semester just started few days ago so hopefully we will get it by Tuesday.
fortunately all US embassies and offices are closed from tomorrow to Monday because of labor day holiday, so we just lose tomorrow:)
By the way, my wife just told me that she told the officer we can come tomorrow but she told come on Tuesday. Is it possible that they run out visa by Tuesday???
Thanks.
Very good news! It means they're fast running out of visa for your country/region. Jump at the opportunity, go on Tuesday and call her as she suggested. Don't wait till Friday. I would have even asked for Friday, (yeah tomorrow :)) if I got such a call

Last edited by a moderator:
Reza,

They probably wouldn't have run out of visas by Tuesday based on the description of the conversation that took place between your wife and the IO that called her. You guys should still be ok, the only caveat would be if she's unable to approve the application of Tuesday becuase she needs more evidence or information from you guys, but fingers crossed it wouldn't come to that.

It is very nice to see USCIS officers are caring applicants and follow their status....
I am happy for all AOS people...

Dear Sm1smom,
We have all the documents that mentioned in IL, even a lot more than that!!
I hope we will be approved on Tuesday:)
Reza,

They probably wouldn't have run out of visas by Tuesday based on the description of the conversation that took place between your wife and the IO that called her. You guys should still be ok, the only caveat would be if she's unable to approve the application of Tuesday becuase she needs more evidence or information from you guys, but fingers crossed it wouldn't come to that.

Rush my appt. letter

Guys you have been very helpful with all your post if anyone have any recommendation to me I am running out of time.
2013AF51*** current in August
Filed my paper on 07/25/13 wish I have done it earlier by I knew from your posts that I did not need to wait till August.
Biometric letter came 08/09 for friday 08/16/13 but I did walk-in same day on 08/09/2013.
Now I am waiting for my appt letter its been 20 days and haven't heard thing yet. I did an info pass last Wednesday but the field officer told me its too early for me to get involved since your papers hasn't arrived the local center yet. Call USCIS and ask for SMRT which I did, they responded with decline because there is no medical reason. Any ideas what I should do I only have 30 days remaining to have my appointment done.
ThNAKS IN ADVANCE

Guys you have been very helpful with all your post if anyone have any recommendation to me I am running out of time.
Filed my paper on 07/25/13 wish I have done it earlier by I knew from your posts that I did not need to wait till August.
Biometric letter came 08/09 for friday 08/16/13 but I did walk-in same day on 08/09/2013.
Now I am waiting for my appt letter its been 20 days and haven't heard thing yet. I did an info pass last Wednesday but the field officer told me its too early for me to get involved since your papers hasn't arrived the local center yet. Call USCIS and ask for SMRT which I did, they responded with decline because there is no medical reason. Any ideas what I should do I only have 30 days remaining to have my appointment done.
ThNAKS IN ADVANCE

Book another infopass and visit your FO again to stress the urgency of the case. But then it's possible for you IL to arrive before your infopass appointment though. You can also contact your congress person's office to ask for their help in finding out the status of your case, or the location of your file.

**As we get closer to the end of the FY, all those with pending cases should be ready to start calling USCIS or visiting the FOs. The process is going to become a lot more stressful for you.

After I observed that some people's FO had not received their files, i called KCC and they confirmed that they had sent my files. It will not hurt to call KCC and ask why they have not sent the file to FO and if they can do it now.
ThNAKS IN ADVANCE

We interviewed at Philadelphia FO today. After oath we were asked to sit. We brought the kids with us and it was not a problem at all. We were asked only yes/no questions, names, date and country of birth. On the question that pertain to affiliation to groups or organization I asked if this included churches and she said yes it does. She asked the names all churches I've been a member of.
'Seems like you have been in status for all the period, everything seems OK you will get green card in 30 to 45 days. Any questions?'
I mentioned that I had just realized that we were issued A# years back and we were issued new ones again because we did not realize we already had them. I did see someone here who had issues with that. She pulled the file and said she will consolidate them.
I further mentioned that since September everyone will be current, what were the odds of missing out on visa numbers.
She assured me that she already checked and numbers were available and she will additionally take care of everything today :)
She only asked for marriage certificate and passports. Tops it 20 minutes :) we were done !
By 5:04 pm status online changed from acceptance to card production !
Finally after 13 years in this country God has made a way ! Hooray

Congrats...!!!!
I am a little confused about the visa numbers, someone on this thread got a call from uscis to rush their interview date because they might be running out of visa number, but you just been told by your interviewer that she checked and numbers are still available?!?!.... I am very worried , no IL for me yet.... I completed my biometrics 08/19 (2013AF0007xxxx). USCIS has requested and received my file from KCC earlier this week though.....

Hey mom...
I just made my infopass appointment (09/12) , I hope something happens before that though. Also I am a little confused about these two posts : #1 - reza29's : the fact that the lady called his wife to rush their interview because they might run out of visa number by Friday!!!????
#2- Bupe9235's : he just had his interview on the 27th and the lady assured him that she checked and they are still numbers available
Are the officers looking at the same numbers here or I missed something. It's just 2 days that he had his interview....please explain this to me, does it go by region ? Or something else?
Thank u thank u!!!

Ooh I was there by 8 too~ maybe I saw u but didn't know which one ahaha~

What did the interviewer mean, checking ur documents? As in..they were suspicious so they're checking in depth? Or as in its a regular procedure after interview? :)

my guess was just a regular check. It didn't sound suspicious. My status online says 'decision'.

Hey mom...
I just made my infopass appointment (09/12) , I hope something happens before that though. Also I am a little confused about these two posts : #1 - reza29's : the fact that the lady called his wife to rush their interview because they might run out of visa number by Friday!!!????
#2- Bupe9235's : he just had his interview on the 27th and the lady assured him that she checked and they are still numbers available
Are the officers looking at the same numbers here or I missed something. It's just 2 days that he had his interview....please explain this to me, does it go by region ? Or something else?
Thank u thank u!!!

I think it depends on how the officer sees it. Are you a glass half full or half empty person?
I've read all the AOS threads from previous years on this forum, and I have not found one year that the visa numbers have been fully exhausted. Except for the certain high quota countries that hit the 7% mark. The likelihood of it happening will probably be low if you are not from one of those countries.

Hi, it depends on your region or country, the lady that called us told that she is afraid that they run out of visa numbers, she did not say we run out by Friday!
Good luck.
Hey mom...
Thank u thank u!!!