• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Ooh I see. I guess it makes the interviewer feel better to know we're speaking the truth (or to see suspicious behavior?)

"I, Princess Melanie of CupcakeLand, daughter of S1smom Queen of CupcakeLand, hereby declare honesty..and shall receive the magical card of green, with this I shall kill the dragon."

sorry..I'm getting nervous D: !!!!

You go gurl Mel! Go get that magical card of green come the 27th! :) Patiently waiting to read of your positive outcome!

Although your record is clean, it's preferable that you have all of them handy.

Simple copies of the certificate with your I-485 are fine (don't worry about them having to be notorized).

Birth Certificate for DV Lottery !

I apologise in advance as I have asked this earlier but since many of you have recently gone through interviews, I thought I can get a fresh and clear perspective on this.

My wife is selected for DV Lottery 2014: I was listed on the application and she is using my chargeability (country of Birth) for elegibility (she is born in India so doesnt qualify for DV Lottery, but I was born in Libya so we were eligibile.) Our CN is 2014AF00008XXX, expect to be current in November. I am on H1B here in US and will be doing AOS probably in November, my FO would be Chicago. I have 5-6 years history in US, first as Student on F1 and now on H1B.

My question is around the Birth Certificates. My wife has a birth certificate from the local municipality in India from the city where she was born. We just got it made and it states the file no., full name of parents and other required info needed on BC.

For my case, in Libya (where I was born), we didnt used to get BCs from local municipalities. We used to get it from the Embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya. It states the birth register no., full name of parents, DOB etc.

My question is: will this above BC from Embassy of India in Tripoli, Libya suffice? I have been hearing both sides: some saying it wont be OK as it is from embassy and some say It will be OK since it is from embassy located in the country where you were born.

All my other papers seem to be in order, can someone shed some light on this based on recent experiences. I dont know if everyone knows but getting a BC from local Libya authorities is next to impossible these days with revolutions etc. and I dont even have anyone there anymore.

Let me know guys.
Thanks.

The process is described here - http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9671

Birth Certificates

Available. To obtain a Libyan birth certificate, non-national applicants must send all pertinent information (including name, date and place of birth, and full names of parents) to their respective Embassy in Tripoli. That Embassy will then make a formal request to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain the certificate from the appropriate municipality. Libyan applicants, or a friend or relative of the applicant, must appear in person at the appropriate municipality office.

You go gurl Mel! Go get that magical card of green come the 27th! :) Patiently waiting to read of your positive outcome!

MOOOM!!! MOMMY MOMMY MOM!
You remember how I did not pay the public transport ticket ages ago? And how I decided to confess it?
Well I looked up the question again (i-485) and it said:

"1b Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, conficted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violation?"

'EXCLUDING'

mean a bus ticket fine is not included? :D :D !!!!???

Traffic violation is violation of rules of the road, when you acted as a driver. Some of them are also criminal acts or offenses (like DUI) and still should be included.

MOOOM!!! MOMMY MOMMY MOM!
You remember how I did not pay the public transport ticket ages ago? And how I decided to confess it?
Well I looked up the question again (i-485) and it said:

"1b Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, conficted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violation?"

'EXCLUDING'

mean a bus ticket fine is not included? :D :D !!!!???

I honestly don't think it will have any negative consequence on your application, so I still think it's a good idea to 'stylishly 'fess up' to the CO as previously discussed, once that particular question regarding being fined, arrested, charged etc quuestion gets asked during the interview.

Good luck!

oh my GOD, my status has changed from Acceptance to Card Production just now!!! Alhamdulillah, Thank you everybody who take their time to answer questions and help people like me. God bless you all! Wishing Goodluck to everybody who have upcoming interviews or waiting for a decision!

Just making sure of what to bring to interview:

-Passport
-I 94
-I 91
-Transcript of current University
-Birth certificate
-High school certificate
-I 485
-DS 230
-DSP 122
-I 134, sponsor, along with tax return etc.
-Dv lottery acceptance letter
-Interview appointment letter
-Letter aware that I'm doing AOS
-Receipt of fee

-no need of photograph as I was told

am I missing anything?

:)

A print out of your current course registration or anything to prove that you're maintaining your F1 status.

Your school ID?

Make copies of all the documents you're taking along. (No need for the I485 or DSP or DS forms though).

Good luck baby girl!

Just making sure of what to bring to interview:

-Passport
-I 94
-I 91
-Birth certificate
-High school certificate
-I 485
-DS 230
-DSP 122
-Receipt of fee

-no need of photograph as I was told

am I missing anything?

A print out of your current course registration or anything to prove that you're maintaining your F1 status.

Your school ID?

Make copies of all the documents you're taking along. (No need for the I485 or DSP or DS forms though).

Good luck baby girl!

So:

-Passport
-I 94
-I 91
-Birth certificate
-High school certificate
-I 485
-DS 230
-DSP 122
-Receipt of fee
-School ID
-Semester schedule

-copy of everything above

Thanks mommy!

Thanks raevsky. I did contact embassy of india in Libya and they said they only help in providing the BC which I already have, that is the BC from the embassy itself. have already made couple of calls to them with the same answer.

Anybody on this forum was in the same situation and got inquiry or got through? Would like to hear it.
Thanks.

Interview done. Arrived about 30 minutes early and waited about 50 minutes after my appointment time. The officer was very nice and just breezed through the interview in 15 minutes. Only required my most recent paystub and kids birth certificates. I didnt have to show any originals. Got the review pending letter and if everything checks out I will be approved today speech.
He was already speaking like I'm a permanent resident, so all looks good. Waiting for the status updates now!

Long journey almost ending!