• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hey guys, i sent my AOS package last week and they cashed my check on 31st. Does it mean that my AOS package has been accepted? I vent received any notification yet. Also, how long does it take to receive Bio letter. Can i go ahead and do the walk-in bio before if receive the letter? Thanks everyone.

If your check has been cashed, it means your AOS package has been accepted. Did you include Form G-1145 with your application? If you didn't, you will not receive nether text or email notification, but the paper notification of acceptance should be received in a couple of days.

And no, you can't do even a walk in without the bio letter itself, so you'll need to wait and receive it.

If your check has been cashed, it means your AOS package has been accepted. Did you include Form G-1145 with your application? If you didn't, you will not receive nether text or email notification, but the paper notification of acceptance should be received in a couple of days.

And no, you can't do even a walk in without the bio letter itself, so you'll need to wait and receive it.

I did include G-1145 form. May be it will take few days :). I guess i have to wait then :). I am not sure if i already asked this question but is it possible to do walk in bio in different state. I mean i filed everything from Georgia but right now im in Illinois temporarily for job. Can i do walk-in here in Illinois or do i have to go to Georgia? Thanks mom :)

I honestly don't know if you can do a walk in bio at different ASC centre (and in a different State in particular) outside of the one listed on your bio letter, and I don't know if it's likely to create issues down the road. I don't know of anyone that has gone down that route before.

I honestly don't know if you can do a walk in bio at different ASC centre (and in a different State in particular) outside of the one listed on your bio letter, and I don't know if it's likely to create issues down the road. I don't know of anyone that has gone down that route before.

I was just wondering :) . I think i ll do it in GA, dont wanna take any risk :) ..thanks for the reply mom :) ...i ll update soon :)

Hi everyone,

Finally, I just got my interview letter today.
Any suggestion for what documents beside the one they have them listed in the generic form sent with the interview letter.
By the way I hit the record for the waiting!!!!

Hi everyone,

Any suggestion for what documents beside the one they have them listed in the generic form sent with the interview letter.

Wow finally! Congrats! You've certainly set a new record. All the best with the interview, you certainly deserve the GC. Your patience through it all is highly commendable.

Hi everyone,

Wooow! Congratulations man!

Thank you kazore, i ve been trying to do this. I updated the spreadsheet but do you know how i can display it in the signature.

Go to 'Forum Actions' at the top of the page, click on the drop down arrow and select 'Edit Profile', then select 'Edit Signature' on the side bar.

Hey guys, i found out that i received I-797 in mail (i vent gotten chance to take a look at it since im in different state). Is that NOA :confused: (trying to figure it out from others signature). Also, how long will it take to receive bio letter after that ? thanks :)

Infopass update

We had an infopass appointment yesterday regarding pending application of my husband. We were helped by a very nice officer. We explained him the whole situation, how i got approved after interview but my husband didnt. He said he will go and check with the officer who conducted the interview. He came back after 20 mins and said it happened becaz my husband had multiple A# numbers. Therefore officer at the time of interview only had his temp file, and after the interview she requested VSC to send his A #file. He explained that to approve a green card all the files need to be merged together. My husband filled for a different visa last year at VSC and thats why he had a A# file there.
Officer took our number and email and said he will approve it right away once he get the requested papers. Does any one know how long it takes for moving file from visa center to local office?