• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Just keep your fingers crossed and be hopeful. It will all get sorted out and he will get his GC too. Let us know how the call goes tomorrow.
Good luck!
Just got done with the call. We had a very nice officer online. She said IO put "waiting to receive a visa number or related file from National visa center". Than he explained her is he derivative and I am the primary applicant. She said officer probably made a mistake and don't have enough experience with DV interviews as derivative applicant dont need to wait for a visa number to be available. We informed her that during interview she said she hasnt done a dv interview in years. Officer said but nothing can be from her side as 30 days period is not over and she cant send a service request or an email to her. She asked me to call back in 30 days or get an infopass to take care of this. She said there are chances that her supervisor might go over files and catch it too. So looks like we have no other option other than wait and pray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I have a question. I can't find my original aos fee payment receipt but I still have a bunch of copies. Do you think I will be fine?thanks

Just got done with the call. We had a very nice officer online. She said IO put "waiting to receive a visa number or related file from National visa center". Than he explained her is he derivative and I am the primary applicant. She said officer probably made a mistake and don't have enough experience with DV interviews as derivative applicant dont need to wait for a visa number to be available. We informed her that during interview she said she hasnt done a dv interview in years. Officer said but nothing can be from her side as 30 days period is not over and she cant send a service request or an email to her. She asked me to call back in 30 days or get an infopass to take care of this. She said there are chances that her supervisor might go over files and catch it too. So looks like we have no other option other than wait and pray.

I wouldn't wait for 30 days to pass if I was in your shoes, time is of essence here and we're getting towards the end of the 2013 fiscal year. If there's no update by the time you get your GC in the mail, you should schedule an infopass appointment right away.

Good luck!

I wouldn't wait for 30 days to pass if I was in your shoes, time is of essence here and we're getting towards the end of the 2013 fiscal year. If there's no update by the time you get your GC in the mail, you should schedule an infopass appointment right away.
Good luck!
Mom, got an infopass for next week. Scheduled it 2 weeks before interview just to be on the safe side time wise. I hope things sort out soon. He called NVC and they said they have no information on this case and didn't receive anything from our FO. Also called KCC and they said all the paper work is already forwarded on 22nd may and they dont have anything else avilable. God wat a crazy situation..We were so happy to have a such a nice IO for our interview and now this..

United1,

Good thing you already have an infopass scheduled, smart move :D. Use it to follow up on your husband's case if there's still no update by the time of the appointment. And yeah, KCC no longer has anything to do with the case, it's all with your FO now. Don't let the situation stress you out, I'm sure he will get his too ........this is just one of those weird situations that sometimes happen.

Hi guys, I have a question. I can't find my original aos fee payment receipt but I still have a bunch of copies. Do you think I will be fine?thanks

Relax, and go get your GC when the time comes! You will be ok showing the copy you have if you're asked for the receipt at the time of the interview.

Just to set the record straight for others who might be reading this in the future: you're talking about the receipt for the DV administrative fee right? 'Cause there's nor receipt for the AOS fee :rolleyes:

Relax, and go get your GC when the time comes! You will be ok showing the copy you have if you're asked for the receipt at the time of the interview.

Just to set the record straight for others who might be reading this in the future: you're talking about the receipt for the DV administrative fee right? 'Cause there's nor receipt for the AOS fee :rolleyes:

Correct. I was talking about that one. Thank you :)

LoL..!!!!! i knew you will say this, its true i did so many PMS to you. And i am really thankful to you for all your support and answers.
Yourself and few other members in this forum are really very helpful with all Q & A and knowledgebale too. All this information guided us to complete our DV process.
I wish good luck to all you whose cases are pending!!!!!!!!
I am excited to see my family again after such a long time.:eek:

Wow! Congrats ahmed_nov!! Phew! Looks like I can now rest from all those pms and trying to put you out of your endless worries :p

I'm very happy for you and your family ;), and equally happy to have been of help. Enjoy your 'green status'

Hello,
I have a general question for all the knowledgable people on this forum :)
I was current in May and submitted all my paperwork on May 1st. I am still waiting for my interview and today I had an Infopass appointment so I can check the status of my application where I was told that I should get my interview letter soon and my interview should take place by the end of the August.
My question is, from your guys experience what are the chances that the USCIS will run out of available Green Cards for DV winners before the end of the fiscal year (September 30th)?
Do you know if it happens that people that are getting to the interview are getting denied because there are no more GC left in the pool?

Thank you

Yes and good luck on ur interview tomorrow! What time will it be??? :D I'll pray for your success my friend, that's the best I can do :)
(can't really turn invisible and go to the office and write 'accepted' to your case..nor can I brainwash them or use telepathic powers...) so I'll just pray :)

Good luck, be casual, dont be too nervous!

Hey guys. Just done with thein interview it lasted 1h and 20 min but I've finally been approved.my online status jumped to card production. This forum helped me a lot. I will post my experience when I get home. :) :)

Interview experience.

After two hours in the waiting area, an officer finally called me. My interview started an hour after the scheduled time. The officer was very professional and not that nice. I took oath and he went through some basics information on the I 485. He asked me if I've completed my previous program before transferring to my college. I don't know why but he wanted to make sure I did.he even asked for my transcripts. I didn't have them. He asked me how many classes I've been taking and if I had any official transcripts from my last semester (he really wanted to make sure I was on status). Fortunately I brought an enrollment letter that I gave him. He left his office for the second time and when he came back he told me with a very serious tone that I am on oath and if they found out that I lied about my classes or that I dropped school between 2012 and now they can cancel my green card anytime within the next five years. Then he went through the "no no" questions and make copies of my document. He told me that I'm all set and if I didn't get my card within a month I should get an info pass. The whole interview took one hour and 20min. I checked online and my status jumped from acceptance to card production. I'd like to thank everybody here especially Mom. And Mel...Good luck for those who are still waiting....finger crossed :)

Phew! That was some grilling you had emir, but the whole thing is over now, so you can smile and unwind, ehy? I feel like I just successfully birthed another baby! lol

I'm happy for you, so congratulations and enjoy your green status :)

Phew! That was some grilling you had emir, but the whole thing is over now, so you can smile and unwind, ehy? I feel like I just successfully birthed another baby! lol

I'm happy for you, so congratulations and enjoy your green status :)

Haha thank you :)

Hi everyone

Just received my Green Card in the mail. OMG, what a relief! It feels so good.

Thank God and thanks everyone in this forum for your help.

Hey guys, i sent my AOS package last week and they cashed my check on 31st. Does it mean that my AOS package has been accepted? I vent received any notification yet. Also, how long does it take to receive Bio letter. Can i go ahead and do the walk-in bio before if receive the letter? Thanks everyone.